sgarrand
Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium Member
join:2000-04-13
West Brookfield, MA

sgarrand

Premium Member

[HSI] October 7th 60 mbps in MA?

I was in line at the local office and overheard the Charter employee tell a customer that the 60 mbps upgrade would be on October 7th, after the all digital transition. That may just be the hard cutoff date for the transition and not the upgrade though? The local office people are not always the best informed.

Scott

Meathax
Looking for better Pings
join:2010-10-24
Cherry Valley, MA

Meathax

This is good to know. I'm in Leicester myself so I would assume we would be on the same schedule. Were you at the local office to pick up a new cable box? If so, what type did they give you?

sgarrand
Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium Member
West Brookfield, MA

sgarrand

Premium Member

I was at the Southbridge office for a resident where I work in Charlton. We were picking up a box and got a Cisco.

ToxicDrew
Premium Member
join:2001-09-24

ToxicDrew to sgarrand

Premium Member

to sgarrand
I asked in the Western Ma Chicopee office and they acted clueless. Hopefully October 7th it is!
thornside
join:2004-02-15
Holden, MA

thornside to sgarrand

to sgarrand
I was told October by a Charter rep who came to my door but he didn't give a date.

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT
TP-Link Archer C7

geek to sgarrand

Premium Member

to sgarrand
When are you going all digital? From past threads it looks to be about 2-3 weeks after that speed gets bumped.

CT (at least my area) is going all digital on 9/16. Three weeks after would be the 7th of October so that date would fit into that 2-3 time frame nicely.

Meathax
Looking for better Pings
Cherry Valley, MA

Meathax

According to my letter, the deadline to get a box is September 30. My mom lives a few towns over and called to have a box sent to her. I'm waiting to see what they give her
wildthing202
join:2007-08-14
Douglas, MA

wildthing202 to sgarrand

to sgarrand
October 7th has been confirmed at least in my neck of the woods for the digital switch.

»www.douglasma.org/
ltt75
join:2001-01-22
Hollis, NH

ltt75 to sgarrand

to sgarrand
sounds like oct 7th is pretty official going digital.

wonder when the data speed bump will occur now and if prices will change.

I see my modem is already 8 channel bond downlink.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned)

We had our digital changeover 6 days ago. Still on 30 meg.

joe_bob
@66.80.34.x

joe_bob to Meathax

Anon

to Meathax
I got that letter too. I called Charter to have a new box sent. While I was at it, I told them I wanted an HD box. They told me HD isn't available in my area with basic service only.
ltt75
Hollis, NH

1 edit

ltt75 to sgarrand

to sgarrand
I only have HSI right now and only 1 TV

I might consider getting basic cable or expanded cable later on,
does it make sense to get the cable now? before DTV change over to the the cable box for 2 years ?

I think all the packages come with 1 HDTV cable box already, so I am thinking its a muse point. Are my assumptions correct?
ltt75

ltt75 to sgarrand

to sgarrand
Anyone got announcement letter or email yet?

just did online chat and they claim no set date still exists.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned) to ltt75

to ltt75
said by ltt75:

I think all the packages come with 1 HDTV cable box already, so I am thinking its a muse point. Are my assumptions correct?

no you don't get 1 box free as standard. I'd get on the free offer before you can't.

ToxicDrew
Premium Member

ToxicDrew to sgarrand

Premium Member

to sgarrand
Click for full size
I've been getting 60 mbps speeds for the past two days consistently in Chicopee but we still have analog channels on the kitchen TV and laundry room. I got a robo call yesterday saying Spectrum was coming soon.
hawk52
join:2010-02-10
Belchertown, MA

hawk52 to sgarrand

to sgarrand
I'm in Upton. The cut over is the 14th. As far as box I had them ship one,; Cisco 4640. The box was DOA and had to schedule a truck role to get it swapped out.
sharkyfour
join:2002-06-20
Windham, CT

sharkyfour to sgarrand

to sgarrand
In Northeast CT, we went all-digital on 9/23 and had the 60mbps upgrade on 9/25.

Meathax
Looking for better Pings
Cherry Valley, MA

Meathax to sgarrand

to sgarrand
Well no speed increase as of yet. I've been rebooting the modem every day, but no luck so far. Maybe by the end of the day?
ltt75
Hollis, NH

ltt75 to sgarrand

to sgarrand
seems like they are rolling it out section by section in the area, just did a live chat and got this responds.

Your area is scheduled to go all digital on 10/28/14 and after that you will probably transition to Spectrum within 45 days.

Meathax
Looking for better Pings
Cherry Valley, MA

1 recommendation

Meathax to sgarrand

to sgarrand
Good news today..the speed upgrade went through.I seem to be getting a solid 66 down and 4 up. The only problem was that my internet and phone were down for about 11 hours. That was pretty annoying, especially the phone part. But it was worth the wait.

sgarrand
Insert Witty Phrase Here
Premium Member
West Brookfield, MA

sgarrand

Premium Member

Not yet here but we have had some HSI outages. Just rebooted. I'll keep checking.
sgarrand

sgarrand

Premium Member

Got my 60 Mbps.
thornside
join:2004-02-15
Holden, MA

thornside

Upgrades to the west and south of me, but nothing here, grrr.
rnaodm2
join:2005-07-05
Worcester, MA

rnaodm2

I just talked to a charter rep, I live in worcester and the rep said:

"Charter Customer Representative [Eduardo]: As I've check your area will be upgrade on October 21"

Weither or not itll happen then it still a coin flip, but thats a few days before my b-day and it would be an awesome early gift!

bubs
@71.88.97.x

bubs to thornside

Anon

to thornside
Nothing yet for my account in Worcester, trying to find the charter live chat and not the automated garbage.
met_fan
join:2010-08-08
Easthampton, MA

met_fan

said by bubs :

Nothing yet for my account in Worcester, trying to find the charter live chat and not the automated garbage.

Keep typing live chat into the automated chat and eventually you get the real thing. They told me Nov. 11 for Easthampton.

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
Southbury, CT

geek

Premium Member

Seeing lots of local spots saying Spectrum arrives 10/20. We went all digital 9/7. This is western CT but should provide some idea of the timing between all digital and speed upgrades.

Stress
@97.80.125.x

Stress

Anon

In chicopee, still getting 30mpbs as of right now

ToxicDrew
Premium Member

ToxicDrew

Premium Member

I have 60 mbps for awhile now here in Chicopee. Still have analog on the kitchen TV. There is a channel saying November 4th for spectrum.

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
Southbury, CT

geek

Premium Member

60dn happened in for me in CT last night...so 10/20/14.