uniqs
just_nobody
Premium Member
join:2006-10-28
New York, NY

just_nobody

Premium Member

Is there a map of TWC NYC Hubs?

I'm in Southern Manhattan (10023) and I see there are (at least) four hubs listed for "S. Manhattan" (A, B, C and D). Is there a map of Hubs, or perhaps a listing by area?

Back when I had DSL I had a map of the DSLAMS.
rodalpho
join:2011-11-07

rodalpho

No, but if you call TWC and ask them, they can tell you which hub you're in. First-level techs have access to that info right away, no need to escalate.

Since you're in Manhattan and aren't upgraded yet, that means you're either in hub A, G or B. You almost certainly aren't in A, as that's 10016 in kip's bay/murray hill. If you're G you're in luck, you'll get it in the next week or two. But you should already know that, as you would have received notification in postal mail. If you're B, which seems likely, unfortunately looking at December.
Outrager
join:2013-01-13
Fresh Meadows, NY

Outrager

In my experience the first level people I talk to never know what hub I'm in. They just ask me, are you near X? or Y? or Z? Well, I guess you're near Y and it'll be done around month A.
rodalpho
join:2011-11-07

rodalpho

I called up, provided my customer info, and the nice lady said "says you're in hub A". Went pretty quickly.

Trick is NOT to ask when you'll get Maxx. They have no idea, she said I should have it already because I'm in Manhattan. Ask "what hub am I?".
Outrager
join:2013-01-13
Fresh Meadows, NY

Outrager

Thanks for that info. I'm pretty sure my conversations always started with me asking when I would get MAXX.

NYC
@24.193.228.x

NYC

Anon

The threads are kind of disorganized. Even the sticky threads aren't top thread updated. I saw this post this morning wondering the same thing. For anybody asking for future reference I did end up finding a map. Though if you're on the border of neighborhoods you should probably call for clarification.

»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· amap.pdf

For cohesiveness, here's the page by when each hub is upgraded.

»www.twcmdu.com/new-york.html
mikeluscher159
join:2011-09-04

mikeluscher159

What do those first letters mean?
Most of SI says "Late December" or "Early April", does this mean this year into next? Is there any visual changes to the hardware, diameter/quantity of cabling that would hint at upgrades, In my area there is DOCSIS 3.0, but we haven't gotten the whole "Maxx" treatment yet.

Mister Gimp
@69.86.7.x

Mister Gimp to NYC

Anon

to NYC
Wow, finally a Manhattan Hub Map!! It's bizarre that TWC does not have this readily accessible on their website. I don't understand why they seem to be making this upgrade process so cryptic rather than just being upfront about it. I tried calling them a few times to get info. about when I would be upgraded, but I get radically different answers from each person, so I gave up and am just waiting in Hub D, with no Maxx speed yet.
just_nobody
Premium Member
join:2006-10-28
New York, NY

just_nobody to NYC

Premium Member

to NYC
Wow, you've blown my mind. Exactly what I was looking for, however did you find this?

Million Thanks!!!!
TVPostSound
join:2014-08-22
USA

TVPostSound to NYC

to NYC
Is there a map like that for Los Angeles, West San Fernando Valley to be exact.
Im trying to see if Im in the Granada Hills 2 area.
spdickey
join:2002-11-17
Pacific Palisades, CA
Technicolor E31T2V1
eero Wi-Fi System
Obihai OBi202

spdickey

Click for full size
said by TVPostSound:

Is there a map like that for Los Angeles

West of the 405? You're in the West Valley (old Valley Cable) area. Headend is in Chatsworth.

Tonice2007
Premium Member
join:2005-12-20
Brooklyn, NY

Tonice2007 to Mister Gimp

Premium Member

to Mister Gimp
said by Mister Gimp :

Wow, finally a Manhattan Hub Map!! It's bizarre that TWC does not have this readily accessible on their website. I don't understand why they seem to be making this upgrade process so cryptic rather than just being upfront about it. I tried calling them a few times to get info. about when I would be upgraded, but I get radically different answers from each person, so I gave up and am just waiting in Hub D, with no Maxx speed yet.

First off, TWC is a "large" company therefore it is kind of hard to get information "flowing" through; secondly, the maps of the Hubs is "classified" information. Such as your banking information; you would not disclose your banking statement when your applying for a loan, car, house, job, etc. All you provide is you social for your credit report.
omghi2u
join:2001-02-05

omghi2u

said by Tonice2007:

said by Mister Gimp :

First off, TWC is a "large" company therefore it is kind of hard to get information "flowing" through; secondly, the maps of the Hubs is "classified" information. Such as your banking information; you would not disclose your banking statement when your applying for a loan, car, house, job, etc. All you provide is you social for your credit report.

Say what? Its certainly not classified. Its company-internal information that they probably don't want publicly disclosed. Its not sensitive information (PII) like financials/SSN/etc is. Additionally, you most certainly have to provide bank statements when leasing an apartment or obtaining a loan to buy a house.
TVPostSound
join:2014-08-22
USA

1 edit

TVPostSound to spdickey

to spdickey
Yesm I understand. Its west of the 5.
I wanted to know what Granada Hills 2 was.
Compared to Ganada Hills 1!!

quantumalpha
join:2014-08-05
NH

quantumalpha to just_nobody

to just_nobody
»www.timewarnercable.com/ ··· dule.pdf

Old information, but the last 2 pages are Hub Maps. There's also the map for Brooklyn/Queens there too.