spc
uniqs
jim_p_price7
join:2005-10-28
Henryetta, OK

1 recommendation

jim_p_price7

[Tech Ops] I figured it couldn't last forever

So it looks like the free Ligowave LinkCalc service has switched to MapQuest for displaying the maps. Talk about a horrible move.

The satellite view is awful, can't zoom in anywhere near as close, not sure what they were thinking. It's definitely not an upgrade when your application loses features.

Oh well. That's what I get for relying on freeware too long.
jcremin
join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI

jcremin

I agree... Used it the other day... sucked...
jim_p_price7
join:2005-10-28
Henryetta, OK

jim_p_price7

UPDATE: Talked to their support staff. Seems they are temporarily using MapQuest as they develop some kind of maintenance routine. According to the rep, Google Maps will be plugged back in soon. I sure hope so.

dcshobby
Premium Member
join:2004-11-24
Rochester, MN

dcshobby

Premium Member

I already noticed it right away and sent an email voicing my concern for this. They said Google is coming back and they now updated the banner at the bottom of the page to reflect that as well. Thank GOD!!!! I was ready to give up using it because of how horrible it was.
Bigpaddy_Irl
join:2005-12-12
Ireland

Bigpaddy_Irl to jim_p_price7

to jim_p_price7
Oh so that's what happened.....I was wondering about that :/ Thank God indeed they are going back to Googles.

On a side note...any good sites for calculating a 17Ghz link. I used the custom radio options in Ligowave, but didn't really know if it was working or not...properly.

dongato17
join:2000-07-28
Atlanta, GA

dongato17

The LW linkcalc should be accurate up to 24GHz...