All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JN20
join:2014-08-10

JN20

[HSI] Accessing Arris TM822 modem?

Just curious if anyone knows how to get to the advanced settings page in this modem when accessing it at »192.168.100.1?

Also, some Arris modems can be rebooted from a web browser by doing this, but it don't work on this one. What does?

»192.168.100.1/reset.htm? ··· le+Modem

Thanks

Modems
@96.35.31.x

Modems

Anon

There is one way to get into that modem. Charter blocks the web GUI. You can only look at the logs by doing it this way. Hook your comp. to the modem. Not the router. Next, remove the coaxial on back of the modem. Unplug power cord for 30sec. Plug back in, then you can look at the logs by going to 192.168.100.1. No way to look at power and noise levels.

B4Knight
Premium Member
join:2014-03-20
Colon, MI

1 recommendation

B4Knight to JN20

Premium Member

to JN20
There used to be a Password of The Day Generator, but Arris changed things and that no longer works. The only person/persons who might know would be an Arris technician or possibly a Charter technician. No real reason for the customer to go into those settings though anyways. Its only a telephony modem, not a gateway device, so there is no router portion involved. My bet is that the advanced settings contain specific phone settings and or config settings/info.

-JD
SubaruBoy
join:2013-01-09

SubaruBoy

said by B4Knight:

There used to be a Password of The Day Generator, but Arris changed things and that no longer works. The only person/persons who might know would be an Arris technician or possibly a Charter technician. No real reason for the customer to go into those settings though anyways. Its only a telephony modem, not a gateway device, so there is no router portion involved. My bet is that the advanced settings contain specific phone settings and or config settings/info.

-JD

That modem is my actual DOCIS 3.0 Modem + they have another Arris modem beside with a battery for the telephone line.

JC
@107.185.160.x

JC

Anon

any ideas on how to access port forwarding here if you cannot access advanced?

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

3 edits

B4Knight

Premium Member

The TM822 is a telephony modem, it has no router or switching capability. If you want to setup port forwarding, you'll have to connect your own wired or wireless router and set it up from there.
JN20

JN20

If I cannot view the Advanced settings, I am still curious if the modem can be rebooted from a URL like older Arris modems.
jdewolfe
join:2010-12-02
Madison, WI

jdewolfe

I just got one of these modems yesterday to troubleshoot my Internet issues. I'm a bit irked that I can't connect to it to check signal levels or logs...
JN20

JN20

Just wondering when anything is going to figure out anything about these new modems? How to reboot from a web browser or URL, and/or how to generate a password for the Advanced tab?
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99

As some have suggested to me, if accessing the modem's info is a big deal for you it's probably best to try to exchange it for something like a Cisco 3008 where it's known you can do it.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight

Premium Member

The only downside I see with Cisco modems is not being able to view logs and there is no ability to reboot the modem from the GUI. You can view your signal levels still, which is what I find to be most important.

Also, you'll like Cisco modems indicator lights. They are small and in my experience work great in a bedroom setting. Motorola SURFboard modems tend to have really bright indicator lights and even though they can be covered up, they are still a nuisance.

racer9876
Defender Of The Universe
Premium Member
join:2000-07-03
Lancaster, CA
·Frontier FiberOp..
(Software) pfSense
eero Pro 6

racer9876 to JN20

Premium Member

to JN20
It's impossible to access the Arris modem after it gets provisioned by the CMTS. Web access is disabled by default for some reason.

The password generator kind of works. If you telnet the modem and login using the password generator you can see the internal workings but the telnet session is immediately terminated once it is provisioned.

If you truly need to see it, do as whoaru99 suggested and swap it out for a Cisco modem. At least on those you can see the signal and power levels but not the logs.
JN20

1 recommendation

JN20

B4Knight says right before you that the Cisco modems also cannot be rebooted from the web interface. If I changed modems I would want one that can be rebooted from the web interface. And I think the Arris can, but no one knows how to do it. Its a secret URL apparently, or maybe locked behind the password. We need some clever people to get a hold of the TM 822 to figure it out.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

1 recommendation

B4Knight to racer9876

Premium Member

to racer9876
I have to disagree about not being able to access the Arris modem after it is provisioned. My neighbor can access his just fine. You just can't get into the advanced page without knowing the password.
B4Knight

B4Knight to JN20

Premium Member

to JN20
Click for full size
Motorola modems such as the SB6121 and SB6141 can be rebooted from the web interface. Restart Cable Modem is under the Configuration tab. You can accomplish the same thing though just by power cycling, but to each their own.
whoaru99
join:2003-12-17

whoaru99 to B4Knight

to B4Knight
I have an 822A. I could access it before it was provisioned, I cannot access it now that it is provisioned. Not even the basic page.

When I hit 192.168.100.1 it just says waiting then about 45 seconds later it says page not available.

If I try to ping 192.168.100.1 no response is received.

All that was direct to modem, no router, W7 firewall turned off, etc.
JN20

JN20 to B4Knight

to B4Knight
said by B4Knight:

Motorola modems such as the SB6121 and SB6141 can be rebooted from the web interface. Restart Cable Modem is under the Configuration tab. You can accomplish the same thing though just by power cycling, but to each their own.

My modem is not a "Surfboard" brand, but Arris brand and its page is quite different than this. And yes, I can walk up to the modem. I would also like the option to do it from web browser in another room.
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

said by JN20:

My modem is not a "Surfboard" brand, but Arris brand and its page is quite different than this. And yes, I can walk up to the modem. I would also like the option to do it from web browser in another room.

If this is really all that important to you, see this Charter list of 3rd. party modems that you can buy one of for your own to use in your home beginning Oct. 1 2014.

»www.myaccount.charter.co ··· eid=2623

Info from this thread goes into the details.

»[HSI] Updated terms says you can use your own cable modem

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

B4Knight to JN20

Premium Member

to JN20
To my knowledge there are two different models/revisions of the Arris TM822. The TM822A and the TM822G. Not sure what the difference between the two is??? I believe I have the TM822A...

defiant
Former Charter lackey
join:2013-03-22
Monroe, MI

1 recommendation

defiant

The 822G has a battery compartment.

B4Knight
Premium Member
Colon, MI

1 recommendation

B4Knight

Premium Member

Thanks for that clarifying that. I thought it had something to do with other hardware revisions.