Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

1 recommendation

drslash (banned) to Eagles LoveR

to Eagles LoveR

Re: Now the Vikings are making the idiotic call to play Peterson

said by Eagles LoveR:

I know Fran Tarkenton - I dont know who the other EaglesLover is.

Yup, understood. I wasn't paying close attention to the screen names.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

1 edit

3 recommendations

captokita to Edge1

Premium Member

to Edge1

Re: Ray Rice's contract terminated.

Not to diminish true DV cases and all, because we can all agree that it's wrong, however, we're now going to, in usual fashion, completely overreact to this Rice bullshit and start dropping players at the slightest mention of a DV - even though it's not that tough to get called for one. Wife could be pissed, call the cops and claim you hit her, when you never did, but you're gonna find yourself facing DV charges. So what then? Just get fired?

It's not the NFL's job to police DV - if a player is convicted of a crime, then we can discuss how the league should handle it, be it suspensions, expulsions, whatever. The league fears sponsors, who fear women that get their panties in a wad everytime a woman can be seen as a victim, even if the woman is also at fault for the crime taking place. THAT part is never reported.

What you're seeing now is overreaction to a problem that doesn't just sit in the NFL, but everywhere. Someone that is prone to being an abuser doesn't give a shit if someone in the NFL does it or not, and it's certainly not going to STOP him/her (women abuse too) if no one in the NFL does. So what is accomplished? Nothing, that's what, just some feel good know-it-alls get to pat themselves on the back for fucking the world up further.

Edited because some people were offended. *sigh*

whizkid3
MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY

whizkid3 to HiVolt

MVM

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by whizkid3:

said by HiVolt:

During these past couple weeks it's been exposed that the NFL has a large number of "investigators" that have a lot of influence on local law enforcement and they essentially work to cover up incidents.

I haven't heard anything in this regard. I believe this is a complete fabrication from your own imagination. Provide some links to substantive information or stop posting your own speculations as if they are facts.

I've been listening to much talk on the radio about this...Its not obviously iron clad proof, but the fact that many people have been talking about it, i'd say its probably true.

So you have no evidence, no facts, and no links; but you heard people talking on the radio - and this your expose? You must be joking.

I call this for what it is - a load of BS.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

I dunno about that. ESPN released an article yesterday that's pretty damning.

»espn.go.com/espn/otl/sto ··· dell-nfl

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to whizkid3

Premium Member

to whizkid3
It's possible. I'm not saying its 100% fact. But you categorically denying something like this could exist only means you're the blind sheep here.

whizkid3
MVM
Queens, NY

1 edit

whizkid3 to shaner

MVM

to shaner
said by shaner:

I dunno about that. ESPN released an article yesterday that's pretty damning. »espn.go.com/espn/otl/sto ··· dell-nfl

Well, then maybe you should actually read the full article. I did. No where at all does it state anything even remotely close to the "NFL has a large number of "investigators" that have a lot of influence on local law enforcement and they essentially work to cover up incidents." - or even having one such investigator.
said by HiVolt:

It's possible. I'm not saying its 100% fact. But you categorically denying something like this could exist only means you're the blind sheep here.

I haven't done anything, so I have nothing to deny; or 'categorically deny'. I merely asked if you have any facts to back up what you presented as a fact: "the NFL has a large number of "investigators" that have a lot of influence on local law enforcement and they essentially work to cover up incidents." . You came up with absolutely nothing, other than you heard someone talking on the radio. Blind sheep? Blind to what? A complete lack of facts, any evidence; or for that fact, any imaginary speculation. There is none; other than the thing you supposedly heard on the radio.

I will repeat - its contrived baloney - that no one is even suggesting, other a single hallucinatory post in this thread.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Meh, whatever...

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to whizkid3

Premium Member

to whizkid3
I wasn't clear in my post, but I was agreeing with you and offering up the ESPN article as proof.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to EaglesLover

to EaglesLover
said by EaglesLover :

said by 66860111:

Goodell isn't going anywhere. You can take that one to the bank.

Goodell won't last thru the weekend. You can take that to the bank. And we already have volunteers to take his place:

»www.foxnews.com/sports/2 ··· ep-down/

Goodell made it through the weekend and then some. Nice bank
66860111 (banned)
join:2014-04-28

66860111 (banned)

said by drslash:

said by EaglesLover :

said by 66860111:

Goodell isn't going anywhere. You can take that one to the bank.

Goodell won't last thru the weekend. You can take that to the bank. And we already have volunteers to take his place:

»www.foxnews.com/sports/2 ··· ep-down/

Goodell made it through the weekend and then some. Nice bank

He'll make it a lot longer too. Cash is king and Goodell generates tons of cash. He makes $44 million per year. The owners pay him a #%@^ load because they know he's that good.
Expand your moderator at work

Coverups
@66.249.83.x

Coverups to whizkid3

Anon

to whizkid3

Re: Ray Rice's contract terminated.

said by whizkid3:

[ I merely asked if you have any facts to back up what you presented as a fact: "the NFL has a large number of "investigators" that have a lot of influence on local law enforcement and they essentially work to cover up incidents." . You came up with absolutely nothing, other than you heard someone talking on the radio. A complete lack of facts, any evidence; or for that fact, any imaginary speculation. There is none; other than the thing you supposedly heard on the radio.

I will repeat - its contrived baloney - that no one is even suggesting, other a single hallucinatory post in this thread.

This isn't a court of law where proof is required. Reporters who cover sports have long commented on how athletes of major colleges and the NFL get their transgressions covered up by police with requests from big shots at major colleges and the NFL. Is that legal proof? Since these bad actions by athletes almost never make it in to court, the kind of proof you want is skimpy and the police won't admit they did favors. But just because there isn't a lot of legal proof, doesn't mean coverups don't happen.

Some examples:
»www.washtenawwatchdogs.c ··· for-rape
»www.kirotv.com/news/news ··· e/nT9RP/
»thefixisin.net/hurd.html
»thefixisin.net/rapsheet.html
»www.amazon.com/Pros-Cons ··· 46524034

whizkid3
MVM
Queens, NY

whizkid3

MVM

Not a court of law? No kidding, genius.

Except for some speculation in thefixisin.net/hurd.html, your other links have nothign to do with my discussion. You have posted nothing in the way of fact. And only one article with mere speculation. I call it again for what it is - BS.

Moorecards
join:2001-10-19
Martinsburg, WV

Moorecards to Edge1

to Edge1
Where is the media outrage about this ... That is my problem with mainstream media .. they report only what they want to report .

»cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/m ··· domestic

Coverups
@66.249.83.x

Coverups

Anon

said by Moorecards:

Where is the media outrage about this ... That is my problem with mainstream media .. they report only what they want to report .

»cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/m ··· domestic

I agree there should be similar coverage. It isn't fair, but she is a soccer player(who most sports fans in US care little about). And even worse, she is a FEMALE soccer player(even less fans care about). And being female, US legal system, for all normal purposes, ignores abuse perpetrated by females.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner to Moorecards

Premium Member

to Moorecards
Yep, USA Soccer is taking minimal heat for letting Hope Solo play. Even though she is a repeat offender.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to 66860111

Premium Member

to 66860111
said by 66860111:

He'll make it a lot longer too. Cash is king and Goodell generates tons of cash. He makes $44 million per year. The owners pay him a #%@^ load because they know he's that good.

LOL, a chimp could be commissioner of the NFL and they wouldnt make any less money.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee

said by HiVolt:

said by 66860111:

LOL, a chimp could be commissioner of the NFL and they wouldnt make any less money.

So every past commish was stupider then a chimp? You must be a new NFL fan. Let's me take this moment to formally welcome you. WELCOME!

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to Edge1

to Edge1
Well, Ray Rice has won his appeal and according to the writer, this shows just how badly Goodell mishandled the case: »sports.yahoo.com/news/ri ··· 776.html
quote:
Roger Goodell got it wrong at the beginning. Then he got it wrong again at the end.

What's most alarming, however, is how wrong he got it in between.

The NFL commissioner's decision to suspend Ray Rice indefinitely was overturned on Friday by a neutral arbitrator, meaning the former Baltimore Ravens running back can sign with any team and play right away.

So after giving Rice a too-light penalty initially, suspending him for two games for striking then-fiancée Janay Palmer in a hotel elevator in Atlantic City, Goodell erred on the other extreme.

Former U.S. District Judge Barbara S. Jones, who ruled on the case, wrote in her decision, "I find that the indefinite suspension was an abuse of discretion and must be vacated."

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq

Premium Member

In this whole sorry Ray Rice episode it appears that Roger Goodell becomes the villain and is cricitized. Admittedly, he goofed by giving him, initially, only 2 games suspension but, even the Justice System, who I presume had the tape, exonerated him.

The public seems to forget that, however remorseful, Ray Rice is the villain. In my experience once a man hits a woman he always will.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Oh, well then. Might as well just shoot him since he's clearly not capable of change.

Nevermind that the vast majority of spousal abuse comes from high conflict relationships where both parties are at fault for continued escalation of hostilities. No. Let's not have an honest discussion of the actual causes of domestic abuse. Let's just shoot the male dogs who hit.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

captokita to capdjq

Premium Member

to capdjq
said by capdjq:

The public seems to forget that, however remorseful, Ray Rice is the villain. In my experience once a man hits a woman he always will.

Villain? Hardly. You can make the claim that he was wrong for hitting her, which he was, but she also plays a part in it all, as she was hitting him, spitting on him, and basically escalating the whole thing. He couldn't exactly get away from her, he was in a frickin elevator! He reacted, even if it's poorly, and hit her. Her momentum of rushing at him caused her to be knocked out. It's not like he stood over her raining blows down, it was ONE PUNCH. Hardly classifies as abuse in my book. Especially when both parties were in mutual combat. Now had they just walked into the elevator, and he just hauled off and punched her, we can call him a villain, but she's no innocent person in all this.

So I'm glad he won his appeal. That doesn't mean any team will take him, but at least he has the opportunity to. Kill dogs, that's ok, punch a girl ONCE, your ass is out for good. What's wrong with that picture?