Search similar:

uniqs

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

[CustSvc] Comcast got rid of their support number

I had an issue where I needed to call Comcast so I tried the 1-800-COMCAST number and got a message telling me I've reached the authorized Comcast installer number and to press 1 if I am a new customer or 2 if not. Pressing 2 gives a message saying the number is only for new customers and hangs up.

I then tried 1-800-XFINITY, which is the number on my bill. I got the same thing. Basically there's no way to reach Comcast by phone now.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor

Premium Member

[CustSvc] Re: Comcast got rid of their support number

said by Morac:

I had an issue where I needed to call Comcast so I tried the 1-800-COMCAST number and got a message telling me I've reached the authorized Comcast installer number and to press 1 if I am a new customer or 2 if not. Pressing 2 gives a message saying the number is only for new customers and hangs up.

I then tried 1-800-XFINITY, which is the number on my bill. I got the same thing. Basically there's no way to reach Comcast by phone now.

I just called both numbers and got the normal Comcast lines. It sounds like an issue with your phone company's routing.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

It just started working again. Must have been a glitch on their end.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Morac:

It just started working again. Must have been a glitch on their end.

Or they are testing something...

TallyWhacker
@50.150.5.x

TallyWhacker to Morac

Anon

to Morac

[CustSvc] Re: Comcast got rid of their support number (are you kidding?)

It seems odd and a bit naive for anyone to think that Comcast could ever get rid of their 800-number.

Here we have a mega-billion dollar company that caters almost exclusively to consumers. They're in the middle of a merger process that will make them even larger. And there is huge scrutiny being placed on their actions to see if the merger will be allowed to take place.

Do you really think that they would stop doing customer service?

(Sure, there are lots of reasons to be pissed off at Comcast - but they have to be rational!)