Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

1 recommendation

maartena

Premium Member

Republicans and Democrats...

Democrats: This is good. ISP's should be classified as utilities. One of the things that comes with that is that the local state Sealer will have to provide Seals that the meter used to measure data is accurate to the byte, just like gas, water and electricity meters. (Most likely effect: no more data caps because accuracy is incredibly hard with data meters -- think packet loss between their meter and your modem).

Republicans: Pelosi is behind it, therefore it must be a ploy, and therefore I must be against it. Even though I always said ISP's must be classified as utilities and all the consumer protections that come with such an eventuality..... but Pelosi, therefore must be evil, therefore I cannot be seen agreeing with it!

And so the world keeps on turning.

MDA
Auto Negotiating
Premium Member
join:2013-09-10
Minneapolis, MN
Netgear CM600
Asus RT-AC66U B1

3 edits

MDA

Premium Member

said by maartena:

Democrats: This is good. ISP's should be classified as utilities. One of the things that comes with that is that the local state Sealer will have to provide Seals that the meter used to measure data is accurate to the byte, just like gas, water and electricity meters. (Most likely effect: no more data caps because accuracy is incredibly hard with data meters -- think packet loss between their meter and your modem).

Republicans: Pelosi is behind it, therefore it must be a ploy, and therefore I must be against it. Even though I always said ISP's must be classified as utilities and all the consumer protections that come with such an eventuality..... but Pelosi, therefore must be evil, therefore I cannot be seen agreeing with it!

And so the world keeps on turning.

So its:

Democrats: "We look at the big picture and what's best for this country" (outgoing).

Republicans: "Our country is being ruined underneath us and whatever everyone else says is contributing to this ruin and therefore should be disregarded" (careful).

I mean, both parties have their biases to their sides, but its really democrats suggest something and then republicans shoot it down because there may be some far-fetched idea that the dems are planning to ruin the country once and for all. Pissing match ensues and this is why it remains as interesting as the NFL...

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

1 recommendation

amarryat to maartena

to maartena
said by maartena:

Democrats: This is good. ISP's should taxed to death. We need government controls on it. We need to force them to buy meters for every home so that we can regulate this. We don't care if that increases the bill because those evil rich people should have to pay that anyway. As long as our benevolent leaders say it's good, I'll believe it.

karlmarx
join:2006-09-18
Moscow, ID

1 recommendation

karlmarx

Republicans: This is bad, this will cost our constituents money (corporations). Just like raising the minimum wage will drive our country to a 3rd world nation (even though it WOULD be over $10.75 an hour today if it kept up with inflation), we can't allow the 'job creators' to be forced to support the working class. It's in the same class as pesky employer healthcare mandates and environmental rules, which cost the rich people money. So Title II, like evolution, is just a trick that satan is trying to foist on the american people, and if you believe in god, you have to be against this.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
Marshfield, MA

amarryat

Your username gives it all away.

davidc502
join:2002-03-06
Mount Juliet, TN

1 edit

davidc502 to maartena

to maartena
said by maartena:

Republicans: Pelosi is behind it, therefore it must be a ploy, and therefore I must be against it.

It's too bad the big players, on the right, just demonize individuals on the left to the point of hatred. Even Glenn Beck came out in a interview expressing his concerns about the great divide he contributed to, and he regretted many things that he said during his show on FOX.

We can only go forward with a united nation, OR stand still or go backwards with partisan politics, and staunch views of ideology.

Unfortunately, we have a percentage of the population that have a difficult time with critical thinking. What I mean by that is individuals that do not know what a hyperbole, Red-Herring, Dysphemism, Innuendo, Rhetorical, or Scare tactics is. They hear statements from the examples above, and take it as the truth! People are so unaware of politics, and how a party can muddle the mind, and they become encamped.

Sad state of affairs in the USA.

karlmarx
join:2006-09-18
Moscow, ID

karlmarx

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
That single quote explains the basis of American politics. If you look at where the smartest people live, you will see ALL of the top 10 states are solid blue. If you look at the 10 dumbest states, you will see they are all solid red.
Smartest and Dumbest States

davidc502
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

said by karlmarx:

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
That single quote explains the basis of American politics. If you look at where the smartest people live, you will see ALL of the top 10 states are solid blue. If you look at the 10 dumbest states, you will see they are all solid red.

Republicans will reply by saying all of the professors in the "smartest states" are all Liberal, and have brain-washed the students. Those students have grown up liberal, and have the universities to blame

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to davidc502

Premium Member

to davidc502
said by davidc502:

Sad state of affairs in the USA.

That's sort of what I was getting at. Before you know it we have bozo's on FOX saying what an idiot Pelosi is for suggesting this, and clowns on MSNBC doing the same in reverse order.

Recently, research was done in how many incorrect statements the news media puts on the air, and the numbers were staggering:

FOX: 60%
MSNBC: 48%
CNN: 18%

And even 18% is too much for me. What can we believe if almost 1 out of 5 statements is either not the truth or twisted in some way so we believe it is truth? Let alone FOX and MSNBC, which are BOTH nothing more then outlets for their political flavor. They don't inform the public, they shower the public with easy to swallow lies.

I stopped watching all three of those. As a matter of fact, besides breaking news of importance, I stopped watching most channels.

I get a lot of great news from the BBC World Service Radio. Yes, the Radio, not the television channel (which I also watch on occasion). Now I can't say that they always 100% tell the truth on everything, but at least the news that comes out of there isn't dripping with political paint all over it.

davidc502
Mount Juliet, TN

davidc502

I'm with you on the big networks... I haven't tried BBC yet, but what's I've been doing is rotating CCN and FOX, and figure the truth is somewhere between them.......
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to amarryat

Premium Member

to amarryat
except you forget the ISPs do want a meter on every connection and they want to charge 1995 prices per gig all with zero oversight of meter accuracy.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
Marshfield, MA

amarryat

Not if there is competition. Verizon doesn't have one. Comcast doesn't either when they have competition.