spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dhead
join:2001-01-28
Oviedo, FL

dhead

porting rescheduled twice now

I followed all the rules to port my number -called (210) 424-9304 within 3 days of my order for turbo 30 + phone. I'm dropping ATT DSL and moving one of 2 phone lines to digital. My Arris install and internet on 9/1 went fine. Port was scheduled for 9/4. BHN called the day before and said ATT rejected and I had to call them, resched to 9/9.
So I called ATT, got routed finally to Nashville - women looked at everything and said, its active, there's no block, no money owed. She made notes in the account and said tell BHN there is no issue.
I called BHN and had them note in my account that ATT said there was no block.
So yesterday BHN calls and asked me if I called ATT. I said yes, and I called tech support and reported that the number was fully available to port.
She, said ok, you are now scheduled for the 15th.
Am I doing something wrong?
I have no number for the porting tech people.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

No you aren't. If even the slightest information is off from a billing perspective or if there is a block on your number with your current provider for any reason including an open work order you name it....they can and will reject your port request....it sounds like we should finally be good to go now... If you continue to have problems let me know.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

I've seem them rejected because the address was submitted as 123 Main Street and the billing records showed 123 Main St.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to dhead

Premium Member

to dhead
Yep...it is that crazy....

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL to dhead

to dhead
Everything has to be perfectly aligned, including all the planets, for the port to work properly. We had a major issue when we switched to BHN for phone service that required G, others at BH, and I think our old phone company before it worked right. Took about 2 1/2 days from when the installer left...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHNtechXpert to dhead

Premium Member

to dhead
Some go through no problem at all...in fact most...but those that don't can be real buggers...
dhead
join:2001-01-28
Oviedo, FL

dhead

closeout - once the BHN group responsible did their internal escalation the porting approval was completed in an hour. Three days later the port was done with no drama.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to dhead

Premium Member

to dhead