uniqs

W8ASA
Biet Noi Tieng Viet Khong?
join:2000-07-31
Dayton, OH
·Time Warner Cable

W8ASA

Signature Home Just Installed This Morning

The install went fine. Installer had to put in an equalizer to replace the amplifier that we had before, because the amp was generating too much power on the return signal. We have three DVRs who now talk to each other, so we can watch the recorded content of one box on either of the others. Speed test shows 56 down/5.5 up, so I'm pleased with that.

Now the wait begins for the code to get the Dell 2-in-1 tablet/laptop.

I wasn't told this when I signed up, but we now have same-day service if we call in a problem before 5 PM. My wife is happy with that!

We have to make sure not to miss recording the various show series that we like.

I'm paying $20 less per month than I was yesterday.

Be sure to call in every six months to see what's newly available. Our previous modem was so old that the installer said when they see that old model while on a call, they are supposed to immediately replace it.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

Congratulations. Hope it works well for you all. Upgraded and saved some money. Can't beat that.

quantumalpha
join:2014-08-05
NH

quantumalpha to W8ASA

to W8ASA
said by W8ASA:

Now the wait begins for the code to get the Dell 2-in-1 tablet/laptop

They say the code should come 2 weeks after setup, and that you must register within 30 days of setup. For me, it took over 30 days and a call to customer service before they could email me the code (don't bother with the online chat, they can't help you, but will claim they can and lie about sending it; the CSR on the phone had no record that they sent me anything previously). About 2 months after install, I got a postcard in the mail with the same registration code the CSR emailed me. I'm now waiting for them to process my reward.

W8ASA
Dayton, OH

W8ASA

So you've had SH more than two months, and still don't have the notepad?

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to W8ASA

to W8ASA
Not surprised, i've been told multiple times the last 90 days about getting codes for a dell, or rebate cards, and none have happened.

quantumalpha
NH

quantumalpha to W8ASA

to W8ASA
Not SH, but another promotion promising a Dell 2-in-1
A1cntrler
join:2013-12-09
Chesterfield, VA

1 recommendation

A1cntrler to W8ASA

to W8ASA
Not SH related, but rewards related:

About a year ago I upgraded to Ultimate internet to take advantage of an offer to get a free Galaxy Tablet. This was on November 6th. I had issues getting the code to input on the BetterRewards.com website when you have to register. One person told me I have to claim my code in two weeks after I start service, next person tells me I won't get the code until I've kept the service active for 2 months and paid on time (I had been a TWC customer for 4 years prior and have never been late) I finally got a code for my redemption from someone in the retention department in February of 2014. I had to call the BetterRewards people (not a part of TWC but handle the redemption/eligibility end of these deals) and they told me who to talk to at TWC to get it sorted. I finally got the Tablet in my hands on Monday, March 31st. So my upgrade on November 6th (for an advertized on TV promotion that basically said "Why are you up so early to go black Friday shopping? Just upgrade to TWC blahblahblah to get this Tablet!") came through nearly 6 months later.

I wrote down/printed out/recorded everything and everyone I spoke to. When I was all done and added up my time lost trying to get my tablet from them it was nearly 10 hours total on the phone (hold times included) and online chats. In the end totally not worth the headache. As a stay-at-home dad though I had the time.

TL;DR: Keep on them to get what you are entitled to. Best of luck to you in getting your code and redemption to go through smoothly.

W8ASA
Dayton, OH
·Time Warner Cable

W8ASA

I called today to find out when I would be receiving the code, and the young lady was nice enough to give it to me over the phone, and stood by while I registered the code. According to that web site, once you register the code, you need to keep your service for 90 days. After the 90 day period, it will take an additional 4-6 weeks to receive the 2-in-1 Dell. In short, I should receive it sometime in January!

I bookmarked the registration site, and will check in 90 days to see that they credited me with having the service the correct amount of time.

Also, you MUST pay your bill on time! Even 1 day late with cancel the offer.

quantumalpha
NH

quantumalpha

Just an update, my Dell tablet came via FedEx last week. FedEx would NOT leave it at my door, due to TWC's restrictions; I had to goto a FedEx store to pick it up after work. Yesterday, I got an email from TWC saying my "Rebate Card" would be arriving in a week or 2. The system they use to send out these emails is so broken.

Unit appears to be a refurb. Works well enough, but the mouse/trackpad has intermittent buttons. Desktop icons are pre-loaded with TWC crapware/shortcuts.
A1cntrler
join:2013-12-09
Chesterfield, VA

A1cntrler

said by quantumalpha:

Unit appears to be a refurb. Works well enough, but the mouse/trackpad has intermittent buttons. Desktop icons are pre-loaded with TWC crapware/shortcuts.

I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab through another TWC promotion about a year ago. The tablet had been opened (seals were broken on the box) but TWC put another seal on the box with their logo on it. The tablet had been preloaded with a bunch of TWC apps which is likely why they opened it up. I did a quick Google search and reset the tablet back to stock using the methods I had found.

If your mouse/trackpad isn't working I'd call someone as it still should have warranty from the manufacturer or even maybe TWC can work something out with you.