Search similar:

uniqs

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

[Speed] Questions about my Internet Issues.

I have a TM822G EMTA Modem and a Netgear WNDR4000 Router, And more then often I get No internet. So I'll reboot the Router and nothing (Wired or Wifi side)... I can hardware into the EMTA Modem and it will work fine. But Once I reset the EMTA Modem (Sometimes more then once) the Router will start to seems fine & I get internet again. The Router does get super warm, Does this mean that the Router is dying?

Edit: Do you think it's because of all the Devices I have in this house?

Edit: Just bought a new router hoping this will fix the issue I'm having. »puu.sh/brBee/32d88aed5b.jpg

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by iNick:

I have a TM822G EMTA Modem and a Netgear WNDR4000 Router...

Just bought a new router hoping this will fix the issue I'm having. »puu.sh/brBee/32d88aed5b.jpg

Another Netgear box? Hope doth indeed spring eternal.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger to iNick

Premium Member

to iNick
I did have the Netgear WNDR4000 Router but quit using it. it would the same exact thing. I bought a Asus RT-N66U. It has not gave me any trouble in the 9 months

iNick
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

said by Caddyroger:

I did have the Netgear WNDR4000 Router but quit using it. it would the same exact thing. I bought a Asus RT-N66U. It has not gave me any trouble in the 9 months

It's working fine right now... I just don't know what to do. Your did the same thing you say? What kind of problems did you have with it?
said by NetFixer:

said by iNick:

Just bought a new router hoping this will fix the issue I'm having. »puu.sh/brBee/32d88aed5b.jpg

I always used Netgear router's in the past, So I didn't wanna switch router's brands. & for $65 for what's looks like a nice AC Router

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by iNick:

said by Caddyroger:

It's working fine right now... I just don't know what to do. Your did the same thing you say? What kind of problems did you have with it?
said by NetFixer:

said by iNick:

I always used Netgear router's in the past, So I didn't wanna switch router's brands. & for $65 for what's looks like a nice AC Router

It would just stop so I had to reboot then go threw the setup again to get it working. This happen about every 6 months or so. I thought it was a bad router so I bought another one butr after the warranty went out it started acting up also. So no more Netgear for me. I have used Netgear routers and modems before with no problems but the 4000 it was a no-no.

iNick
Premium Member
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

We had a Netgear WNDR3500L from Comcast more then a few years ago and it worked for a couple years no problems. Until it died and we ended up with a Gateway, Which I decided quickly sucks for my gaming etc. So it's took me about 3years to finally get an EMTA Modem from CC & with me buying a cheap Netgear Dual-Band Router, to me buying my own TM822G EMTA Modem & WNDR 4000 Router.