Motorola MB8600
Netgear SRX5308
EnGenius EAP1750H

whocares256 to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm

Re: [trueSTREAM] Introducing trueSTREAM from DSL Extreme

George,

I have called the toll free number and have cancelled my order to upgrade to the DSL Direct product. The setup fee and install fee is too much of a cost considering I would only be going to dry loop at the current 6Mb speed. Evidently my area does not have ATT U-Verse, Just legacy DSL. If you have any specials for the DSL Direct I would be interested but I cannot justify the $150 up front costs that will be incurred if I upgrade now.

Regards.
Yeloazndevil
join:2007-07-26
Riverside, CA

1 edit

Yeloazndevil to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Finally! TruStream got installed, had to run a new line from the phone box to my room. The whole process was with the tech was quick, but had problems with surf so with at&t CS that took like 2 hours to even get it to work.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by Yeloazndevil:

Finally! TruStream got installed, had to run a new line from the phone box to my room. The whole process was with the tech was quick, but had problems with surf so with at&t CS that took like 2 hours to even get it to work.

That's great news! Glad to hear that the overall process was painless. Looks like you are getting higher than your ordered speeds to which is great!

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
So I am about to pull the trigger and order Truestream. I currently have U-Verse now and would like to cancel (yes!! finally cord cutting!!) but don't know when should it be canceled.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by Boricua:

So I am about to pull the trigger and order Truestream. I currently have U-Verse now and would like to cancel (yes!! finally cord cutting!!) but don't know when should it be canceled.

Fire at will! We look forward to having you as a trueSTREAM client.

You should be able to have both services at the same time. I would therefore recommend placing your cancellation request right after your new service with DSL Extreme is up and running. That will help ensure you have continuous Internet service.

pshinn
@216.226.166.x

pshinn

Anon

looking to convert from att uverse to Truestream in my area (Indiana)

Is the wireless gateway/router 802.11 N?
Dual Band Router

current Uverse is G 54GB Single BAnd

really would like to know this

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
said by dslx_gm:

said by Boricua:

Fire at will! We look forward to having you as a trueSTREAM client.

You should be able to have both services at the same time. I would therefore recommend placing your cancellation request right after your new service with DSL Extreme is up and running. That will help ensure you have continuous Internet service.

My install date is set for October 30th and I took the day off from work. I will report back once the install is done and how it went .

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by Boricua:

My install date is set for October 30th and I took the day off from work. I will report back once the install is done and how it went .

Welcome to DSL Extreme! Look forward to having you on the trueSTREAM platform.

To clarify, is the 30th the preferred installation date that you selected when you placed your order on our website or did we already confirm your installation date with you? We do our best to secure one of the dates and times that you select in the order form but these are not guaranteed dates. Once we have the install date for you we will email you with that date. Just wanted to make sure that you didn't take off a day from work on the preferred install date that you selected without it being confirm as the actual install date.
dslx_gm

dslx_gm to pshinn

ISP Employee

to pshinn
said by pshinn :

looking to convert from att uverse to Truestream in my area (Indiana)

Is the wireless gateway/router 802.11 N?
Dual Band Router

current Uverse is G 54GB Single BAnd

really would like to know this

The router that you will receive is dependent on the specific product and speed tier that you choose as well as the area you are in and what the technician has on his truck in your area at the time of the install. We unfortunately can't guarantee a specific router type and what the specifications of that router will be other than it is a wireless router. There are three routers that by and large are being used today for trueSTREAM. Those are the Pace 5031, Motorola NVG510 and Motorola NVG589. All of the units appear to be wireless N.

From the feedback that we have received our clients have been happy with the routers and wireless. There have been a few clients who choose to use their own wireless router behind the device as they already had their network setup and in place. If you prefer to do that you can disable the wireless signal in our device.

Thanks!

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to DnEtDe6c

Premium Member

to DnEtDe6c

Re: [trueSTREAM] Re: Introducing trueSTREAM from DSL Extreme

It depends how far away your house is from the VRAD.

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm

said by dslx_gm:

said by Boricua:

Welcome to DSL Extreme! Look forward to having you on the trueSTREAM platform.

To clarify, is the 30th the preferred installation date that you selected when you placed your order on our website or did we already confirm your installation date with you? We do our best to secure one of the dates and times that you select in the order form but these are not guaranteed dates. Once we have the install date for you we will email you with that date. Just wanted to make sure that you didn't take off a day from work on the preferred install date that you selected without it being confirm as the actual install date.

I chose that as my preferred install date. I'm hoping it will be that day as I took off from work on the 30th.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by Boricua:

I chose that as my preferred install date. I'm hoping it will be that day as I took off from work on the 30th.

We do our best to get either the preferred or secondary date that is requested but they aren't guaranteed as they depend on workload and availability of the technician in your area. We are usually able to get the requested date but, I would generally recommend to not schedule any time off until you receive the confirmed date from us.

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua

Premium Member

(sigh) Already did. Hopefully, you guys are able on the 30th .
raIDERspeed
join:2002-07-26
Soledad, CA

raIDERspeed to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm

Re: [trueSTREAM] Re: Introducing trueSTREAM from DSL Extreme

said by dslx_gm:

said by raIDERspeed:

what will the price be after the one year contract is up? Can you renew the contract after the first year?

After the first year the discounted rate which is approximately $12-15 depending on the package will expire and you will continue on at the standard rate of service unless you upgrade or make any changes to your service.

I see you guys now have the option to buy a modem now, but is the standard rate the same as ATT? I pay $51 now for 6mbps

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by raIDERspeed:

I see you guys now have the option to buy a modem now, but is the standard rate the same as ATT? I pay $51 now for 6mbps

You are correct. We now give the client to either lease or purchase the equipment. We are finding that most people still prefer the lease option but like being able to give our clients the choice when possible.

The promotional rate on that same package is $37.95. After the first year the rate goes to $48.00. If you qualify for the higher speed 12/1 package you may want to consider that. It's a great value to double your speed for only $5.00 more per month.

Thanks!
raIDERspeed
Soledad, CA

raIDERspeed

I only qualify for 6mbps at $32 so I guess it will be $42? standard rate? And if I join at 6mbps package can you guys check if I qualify for the 12/1 package? Or ATT direct has to do that?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by raIDERspeed:

I only qualify for 6mbps at $32 so I guess it will be $42? standard rate? And if I join at 6mbps package can you guys check if I qualify for the 12/1 package? Or ATT direct has to do that?

You can check to see the packages that you qualify for directly on our website by going to »www.dslextreme.com/truestream. We would be happy to check for you as well if you send a PM with your address. Be sure to include any unit numbers if there are any.

Thanks,
George
raIDERspeed
Soledad, CA

raIDERspeed

I did only qualify for 6mbps package

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by raIDERspeed:

I did only qualify for 6mbps package

Thanks for the follow up. Look forward to the potential of having you as a client. If you are paying ~ $51 today you can save just about $200 in monthly service fees over the next year.
raIDERspeed
Soledad, CA

raIDERspeed

whats the 6mbps standard rate after the year promotional rate?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by raIDERspeed:

whats the 6mbps standard rate after the year promotional rate?

The current rate is $48.
raIDERspeed
Soledad, CA

1 recommendation

raIDERspeed

OK cool! I'll probably order next month I just paid my U-Verse bill two days ago gotta wait it

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by raIDERspeed:

OK cool! I'll probably order next month I just paid my U-Verse bill two days ago gotta wait it

Sound great. We look forward to having you as a client.

I would recommend placing your order in the system and then selecting an installation date that is in line with the next bill date (or just a few days before) with your current service provider. That will help ensure that your installation date is within a few days of your next bill date with your existing provider.

Thanks!
raIDERspeed
Soledad, CA

raIDERspeed

Well I went ahead and ordered! I'll be on next month!

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by raIDERspeed:

Well I went ahead and ordered! I'll be on next month!

That's great news. We look forward to serving you. Welcome to DSL Extreme!
perlster
join:2006-12-27
Culver City, CA

2 edits

perlster to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm

Oh, joy! Other "valued clients" are now "running on a next generation advanced digital fiber-optic network" for "as low as $17.95 per month" and I get a $5 per month increase for the slowest DSL.

Anyway, the post should state that it's available in parts of California.
According to the online system, it isn't where I am.
towwang
join:2003-11-13

towwang to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm

Re: Introducing trueSTREAM from DSL Extreme

George and DSLExtreme:

Hi. I'm thinking of ordering TrueStream and buy a gateway outright for $100. If service is stable and my household decides to subscribe to video on demand services, I may ask to upgrade to a higher speed (and recommit for another year as per another message in this thread).

What I want reassurance about is, if I do the above, will I be allowed to continue using the same gateway (bought from YOU) at the higher tier (and not be forced to buy a new one or lease one while the existing one gathers dust)?

There was mention of certain gateways being assigned for certain speed tiers. Could we have details, so I can determine what's the right way to avoid future headaches?

Thanks!

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by towwang:

George and DSLExtreme:

Hi. I'm thinking of ordering TrueStream and buy a gateway outright for $100. If service is stable and my household decides to subscribe to video on demand services, I may ask to upgrade to a higher speed (and recommit for another year as per another message in this thread).

What I want reassurance about is, if I do the above, will I be allowed to continue using the same gateway (bought from YOU) at the higher tier (and not be forced to buy a new one or lease one while the existing one gathers dust)?

There was mention of certain gateways being assigned for certain speed tiers. Could we have details, so I can determine what's the right way to avoid future headaches?

Thanks!

Thanks for your interest in trueSTREAM. Sounds like it would be a great option for you. With regards to the purchase of the modem vs lease though both are options we recommend the lease for the reason that you pointed out. Should you in the future decide that you want to upgrade service and that service require a change in technology or connection type it would effectively require a new order and installation and new modem. For example by and large the 45Mbps speed tier is provisioned via a bonded pair. If you went from the 24 to 45Mbps speed tier it would require a new installation and modem. Even a change in connection type (static to dynamic) would require a new install and new modem.

I couldn't say for sure or make any guarantees that your upgrade wouldn't require a change in technology. Most that we have seen thus far have not and have been simple upgrades but we do let you know up front so you are armed with all of the details when you making your decision on lease vs buy.

What speed tier are you looking to get and what potential speed tier would you be looking to move to?

Thanks!
towwang
join:2003-11-13

towwang

George:
My needs will be very modest, planning to get 6 or 12 Mb/s for now. I understood from your message that all modems should work fine with speeds up to and including 24 Mb/s. Thanks for clarifying that.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by towwang:

I understood from your message that all modems should work fine with speeds up to and including 24 Mb/s. Thanks for clarifying that.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee that as we can't dictate how your location will be provisioned specifically. I would not be overly concerned but again I can't make any guarantees as I don't know what specific technology your specific location will be provisioned with and if when you change that will require a change in technology or connection type. I wish I could give you a 100% guarantee but unfortunately I can not. As the 12 and 24Mbps packages usually are provisioned in a similar fashion that would probably be your safest bet on a starting point if you don't want to go to the 24Mbps from the get go.

Thanks