All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lsy6411
join:2013-08-27

lsy6411

[Cable] QC-first impression-uncertain installation date

Made my payment with Ebox on Sept. 1, still haven't got exact date for installation, not to mention the installation itself. I am a student working on papers, end up staying in library everyday for internet.

I know it's third party's job for installation. Ebox charged me so I have to blame them. If anyone like me need internet ASAP, maybe better seek other options. I was with Bell, fast service, no complaints. Just unavailable at high speed in my new place. Thought I'd give Ebox a try, fail...
Cyberr
join:2013-09-04
QC

Cyberr

ElectronicBox are tied to Videotron. They get the installation date from them.

You can subscribe directly with Videotron and get your date tomorrow but watch out your bills!

The waiting time worth it, trust me
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to lsy6411

to lsy6411
Let it be a life lesson that when you're looking for service at the same time as every other student in the province you should be setting things up ahead of time instead of waiting to do so at the last minute.

The same lesson could be learned by those who move on July 1st and wait for July 2nd to put their order in.
lsy6411

lsy6411

It's Sept 16. Still no call. I learned a good lesson.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Just call them and ask for news ...
JohhnWinner
join:2010-03-10
Morin-Heights, QC

JohhnWinner to lsy6411

to lsy6411
I'm in the same boat. Placed my order on september 2nd. They told me I have to wait maximum 14 days to get an installation date. Waited and waited. Still no news today so I called. They finaly gave me an installation date for september 22th! If everything goes fine I'll have internet 20 days after my order! I'm NOT happy!
lsy6411

lsy6411

just called and got same date as yours, hope they'll show up
JohhnWinner
Morin-Heights, QC

JohhnWinner

There is not much we can do except waiting. If I understand correctly it would not be better with another "reseller", wouldn't it? I guess Videotron is overloaded and give their own customers the priority? The only thing is EBox should have kept me informed, I should not have to call them twice to get an installation date. I wonder how long I would have waited if I wouldn't have called them...
Anyway, lesson learned, next time I'll call 1 month ahead!
lsy6411

lsy6411

Update:screwed me again. Technican came and installed 9am. Waited till 1pm still no internet. Called them and found out they got 1 digit wrong serial number of the modem they shipped to me. Revised and wait another hour before called them again. Now I need to wait till 8pm for them to resend the technician. Great day off. Ebox when will I have internet and would you mind pay me one day wage.
JohhnWinner
Morin-Heights, QC

JohhnWinner

I'm sorry to hear that. I had better luck. Tech came at 9, did a good job and I got internet 2 hours later.
I wish you luck!
lsy6411

lsy6411

update: videotron technician came again turns out to be a bad modem. They didnt test the modem before they sold to their customers. I need to wait for another two days for new modem.

Lebon14
join:2009-08-05
Canada
·EBOX

Lebon14

said by lsy6411:

update: videotron technician came again turns out to be a bad modem. They didnt test the modem before they sold to their customers. I need to wait for another two days for new modem.

What bad luck... :\
lsy6411

lsy6411

update: got the new modem, swapped it. but not working. called ebox, they didn't send new modem info to videotron in advance as they promised two days ago. Now I am totally screwed and have no idea when will I get internet

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

diskace

Premium Member

Really sorry to hear that. PM me your account number and i will verify what happened and who handled your case and i will update this post accordingly with a fix. Thanks !
diskace

diskace

Premium Member

Thanks for your PM

I delegated your case to my operation manager. She is working on it now.
lsy6411

lsy6411

thank you
lsy6411

lsy6411 to diskace

to diskace
update: sent from my cable internet, finally works and got a fair compensation after these sufferings.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

Great, nice to hear another good resolution to issues.

diskace
Retired
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21

1 edit

diskace to lsy6411

Premium Member

to lsy6411
Got the report from our manager of operations.

didn't want to put oil on the fire here but i need to do a fair report for the community. lsy6411 i think there was a bit of overreaction here. We listened to the initial call (Sept 1st) where the agent did an awesome job at explaining the delays. You requested that we try your own modem from Ontario on the Quebec network after talking about flashing the BYOM.

It's only Sept 3rd when the order got rejected that you purchased a new modem from us. The good order only left Sept 3 and yet on Sept 10 you post a negative comment here saying we are at fault in the delays where an agent explained it will take 2 to 3 weeks on Sept 1st. We spent 2 hours listening to all the calls today....

Now i openly admit our ticket department screwed up on the modem transcript so it was normal that when the tech show up Sept 22 the modem was not going online. Sept 22 end of afternoon your call was sent to our tech support where they logged a service call dispatched same day to verify the job and rule out what was the problem. It turned out that the modem S/N was not transcript properly. This failed and they decided to swap modem immediately. New modem left Sept 23 first hour and was delivered to your door today at our fees.

In parallel the tech agent logged a note for our ticket department Sept 22 @ 16h00 to update the S/N with the cable distributor. The note was only processed today due to some backlog a few hours after your modem was delivered causing no internet when you plugged the modem. This agent should have taken all necessary steps to relay the message faster to our supplier instead it sat in a regular queue.

At the end of the day i think there was a lot of efforts made to make it work. The delays were not perfect but given your order left Sept 3 and was installed Sept 24 we are on the 3 weeks mark just like what was outlined when ordering.

We also gave you 1 free month and 25$ to start on good ground.

This was another example where a lower turn around time would have avoided the frustration between Sept 22 service call and the online time today @ 15h00 Sept 24.

All in all, not a pleasant experience but still a lot and i mean a lot of effort was given to correct a mistake on the transcript.

This thread make it appears like we're some clowns making mistakes over mistakes and having little respect for our clients.

Hope you enjoy your new service now
lsy6411

lsy6411

My own modem is SB5101, which is clearly listed among your approved modems. So on Sept.1 I gave you my own modem info to your colleague and paid all related fees.

On the same day or Sept 2, I got a call confirming my own modem would work after Ebox own tech checked the model, SN and MAC.

On Sept 3, I got another call telling me that my own modem wouldnt work after your provider;s check. I bought the new modem from Ebox on hearing that news.

On Sept 10, I posted here telling the truth that I didn't receive any update from your company. How could I be able to know buying a new modem would protract the due date before I complained to you.

On Sept 16, got installation date and I posted here.

On Sept 22, tech came and left around 9:30. Called 1pm just to find out Ebox got wrong SN number of the new modem I bought from them. So I waited for correction. Around 3pm another tech came, told me the new modem is actually defected. So another call and two days' wait for another modem. Ebox also told me after new modem arrive, just swap them and it would work. They would provide the new SN and MAC to videotron in advance.

On Sept 24, which is today, received new modem at noon, swapped but useless. Called in again afterwards. Around 3pm, got internet and a call from customer service. Offered me appr 75 dollars credit. I accepted the compensation. But no email confirmation or whatever like that till now. From Sept 3 to 24, it's 22 days. The first email I received on Sept.1 says 2-3 weeks.

Anyway, I finally got internet and a fair compensation for my time and effort. So for those who helped in this prolonged process, you have my gratitude. But for the process itself, I wouldnt call it smooth and pleasant especially after being spoiled by previous big name providers. It's cable internet, ain't rocket science. Hope you guys improve.