SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

1 edit

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

[IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)

Starting a new thread to track all comments on the new Quantum Build. Please comment on any NEW ISSUES or CORRECTION of old ones. This will make it easier for new customers & old customers alike to not have to page through 10+ pages.

**Seeking the blessing of Sashwa to keep this thread intact. --- BLESSING OBTAINED!

Release : 1.0b

Build Version : 02.18.2

UI Version : 02.18.1

Middleware : 02.18

Firmware Version : KA12.37.03.04Alder.408758

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

Matt.............It was about 6:20am this morning and the update light on the VMS was flashing. Still hasn't installed yet though.

I guess it was downloading?

Strange I usually get it sent to me by 3am and it is doe way before 6am. Is this that big of an update?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Frank-
Granted I was asleep - but others have said it seemed to be quite a big download.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

I Was surprised when I woke up around 6:00am the download / update light was still flashing.
cawall
join:2014-06-05
Beaumont, CA

cawall to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Is there a link to the new thread?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

This IS the new thread.
SeattleMatt

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

DVR Recordings List Bug Still There

Looks like the Recorded Programs list "bug" still exists.

You go into your list - scroll down - and I can keep scrolling down and see the same list of programs repeated 3x before you get to the end of the list.

Seems like there's an issue with how the IMG is capturing what all is there, and just recycles the names.

You have to go back out, then back in, for the list to refresh properly. Then again, this has been a bug for the past 3 builds.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

Did they fix the search for program...then record it bug?
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH

said by frankpf3:

Did they fix the search for program...then record it bug?

I believe so. I tested it early this morning just before I left for work. used one of my saved searches, found the program, clicked it, saw the "please wait" and then 1 second later all the details appeared. This was on the IP box. I didn't try on main VMS

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
How about the chronic slowness that builds up on the VMS?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

said by frankpf3:

How about the chronic slowness that builds up on the VMS?

Well it's only been 3 hours - but my IP box is snappy as ever. Also, the commands are hitting the box much more quickly. No more lag where you hit "9" and it shows up 10 seconds later.
Camaro305
join:2000-10-04
united state

Camaro305 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)

"Subscribed channels" guide view setting not showing locals has been resolved as well.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

This is good news.
jraulbach
join:2000-11-29
Flower Mound, TX

jraulbach to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Hey Verizon...I am all for sw updates and fixing things but how about when you are finished updating my box(es) add a piece of code that powers it off (it's previous state) so that I am not left with a floodlight-intense glow in my bedroom for the rest of the night? Thanks! #leaveitlikeyoufoundit

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to frankpf3

Premium Member

to frankpf3
said by frankpf3:

I Was surprised when I woke up around 6:00am the download / update light was still flashing.

frankpf3, Is it still downloading or did it finally update? I have the same problem, and its been "downloading" for 6 hours now. VZ is looking into the problem, I'll let who know if yours didn't update too!

johnf2
dlb
join:2014-08-24
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

johnf2..... Im in ny and light has been on for hours , but no update yet ... still have all problems????
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

I just had my ont replaced today just outside of Tampa and nothing was pushed for the new update yet. My boxes were off for the last 2 days so wouldnt have received it this morning.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to dlb

Premium Member

to dlb
said by dlb:

Im in ny and light has been on for hours , but no update yet

dlb , thank for confirming its not only me, I will post here when they straighten out this problem.

johnf2
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb to frankpf3

to frankpf3

Re: DVR Recordings List Bug Still There

frankpf3.....I am also on L.I and so far all problems still exists.....search and try to record is the worst!!

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

DLB-
You sure you got the update?

I CAN CONFIRM the Search bug has been corrected.
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

how would I know if I got it for sure?.....

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Go to Menu, Settings, System Info - and see if the data displayed is what I show in the top post of this thread.

Mainly look for Build: 02.18.2

If you see 02.17.1 - you didn't get it
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

weird!! client box has update and seems to be working fine BUT main dvr box not updated yet!!!

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to johnf2

to johnf2

Re: [IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)

I am not home. My wife told me that nothing was blinking anymore on the VMS, but will have to check when I get home. I know the blinking was intermittent and erratic.
frankpf3

frankpf3 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Maybe people's download problems are related to not having enought HD space available?

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2

Premium Member

said by frankpf3:

Maybe people's download problems are related to not having enought HD space available?

well in my case I have two VMS1100, one with only 30% HDD space used and other around 50% used.

At this point the update light is constantly lit or On, hence it either didn't download the new firmware or didn't load it to the VMS.

Who knows what is causing this problem?

Thanks,

johnf2
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

just rebooted the vms, didnot help still showing 2.17.1 and cannot record from search.... download light blinking....client box ok!!....wtf!

bull3964
@208.40.147.x

bull3964 to johnf2

Anon

to johnf2
I know both my VMS and client box started blinking at 1:30am last night. As of this morning at 8 am, they were still either solid, or occasionally blinking. I tried rebooting the VMS and it just went back to blinking again, then solid for a long period, then blinking.

I'm hoping it gets resolved by itself before I get home from work. I'm leaving on vaction tomorrow for a week and the last thing I want is a crashed out DVR that won't record anything. I'm also planning on making liberal use of my newly bought slingbox which will be useless if the VMS isn't working properly.
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

hope vms gets update soon, if not record from client box....hope you will have a fast wifi connection on vacation or slingbox is slow and choppy....good luck!

bull3964
@208.40.147.x

bull3964

Anon

said by dlb:

hope vms gets update soon, if not record from client box....hope you will have a fast wifi connection on vacation or slingbox is slow and choppy....good luck!

The slingbox is connected to the client box in my bedroom. Neither are updating though.

I have unlimited LTE through Verizon. I have no worries about getting an HD picture no matter where I am.