spc
Search similar:

uniqs
swope1221
join:2008-08-26
Newtown, PA

swope1221 to webcobbler

to webcobbler

Re: [IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)

I'm having the same issue web with the icons. I did a reboot via menu, pulled plug, but stopped short of cold init and icons did not appear. Just out of curiosity, have you tried to playback a recorded program and push the up arrow to show the chapters? I did on several recordings from 24 hrs ago to 3 weeks ago and when I bring up the chapters all the little thumbnails say not available.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

swope1221,

I guess it is an icon Bug then, lol. Only affecting IPC and VMS units.

Also, I agree. I have noticed the chapters. Usually, they all have thumbnails. But since the last Build i'd say, None show up. Not one. They all say unavailable.

Now maybe they had to break the chapters to fix another Bug. IDK. But in my eyes, not having Chapter icons show up is on the low priority list, compared to others they need to fix. At this time.

Like the DVR playback black screen issue.

JoeD
@100.0.3.x

JoeD

Anon

New issue on VMS today. Go to recorded programs under DVR menu, select program, option box pops to play, delete, save...select delete which pops up the yes/no menu...but when i try to arrow down to delete, it's scrolling down the list of recorded programs instead so I could not delete.

Work around was to select play, then when it started press options on remote, and then I could select delete.
zifnab966
join:2014-06-18
united state

zifnab966 to swope1221

to swope1221
Chapters are definitely broken now. As for the icons, try this... Go into Menu > Settings > System Info, enter 4883, then press OK. The box should reboot. Might have to press OK a couple times or hold the power button on the box down to reboot it manually. That will purge the guide/img data completely and sometimes fixes weird stuff like this.
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Icons are hit and miss for me. Some are there some aren't
swope1221
Newtown, PA

swope1221 to zifnab966

to zifnab966
Thanks for the code zif. I tried it, it said key code 4883 entered successfully, and all the guide data cleared out, but the same icons are still missing.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

1 edit

johnf2

Premium Member

said by swope1221:

icons are still missing.

swope1221, I had the same problem a while ago with one of my VMS. All the HBO channel icons showed that genre icon, and when I tried to make a series recording on a HBO channel it would come out as "untitled". For me the solution was to power down the VMS by pulling the AC power, wait a couple of minutes and plug back in and when the guide reloaded it had the proper channel HBO icons and the HBO series recordings were titled properly. And as far as I know, nobody has the chapter thumbnails since that update.

johnf2
swope1221
Newtown, PA

swope1221

Thanks for the tip john. I did try pulling the plug but probably only waited 30 seconds or so. I'll try it again but wait longer.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

I have some that seem to come and go. Yesterday it was id, today it was espn and espn 2.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I did notice the icons missing on ID as well. There are still no icons for ESPN, and ESPN2, for the past couple days. Even after a reboot.

However, on my IPC, here is not TBS logo, but on my VMS there is.
webcobbler

webcobbler to johnf2

to johnf2
I have noticed tonight on my IPC, that when skipping back and forward the screen pixelates a lot. Only when doing that. This is strange.

I have yet to notice it on my VMS.

This is during Live TV.

I have not witnessed this before tonight.
zenoland
Premium Member
join:2001-12-08
Holiday, FL

zenoland to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
I've been rebooting at least once a day due to the slowdowns. A couple of times I had to go to one of my other TVs to reboot because I couldn't get to the screen from my VMS. (The power plug isn't easy for me to reach.)

I cannot believe that they have had folks upgrade to the new Quantum system while they were working on upgrading the older boxes. I would be elated if my Quantum system worked as well as my old system. This situation is inexcusable.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

Yep, the updates were going fine until the last two. It was responsive. We didn't have the slowdowns happening every few days. If it's not fixed in the next update i'm gonna be ticked.

Tomel
join:2007-11-07
Midlothian, VA

Tomel to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Love the ability to record multiple programs at the same time . . . but totally ticked off at the ongoing problems since switching to Quantum. Slow responsiveness to the remote, having to reset frequently (and resets not always working the first time), spending time on the phone with techs, recorded shows taking a long time to start playing, no chapter icons. Lately, add pixelation on some channels to the list of complaints. Have had FiOS for 5 years and have had more problems with pixelation in the last week than in the past 5 years.

Verizon - Listen real carefully. If this isn't fixed soon, I'm putting up an antenna, subscribing to a couple of streaming services, cutting the cord -- and saving a lot of money and frustration. Based on reports I've read, I won't be the only one.
dharel1705
join:2009-06-09
Merrick, NY

dharel1705

I've been with FiOS for just about 6 years. I used to sing high praise to friends and family about how great the services are. I'm sad to say that's all changing since I made the switch to Quantum TV. I've had nothing but issues from the start with Quantum TV. It seems that I'm paying Verizon more for less. I'm seriously considering the switch to Optimum, if Verizon doesn't sort out the Quantum TV issues with the next update.
thetick
join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

thetick

said by dharel1705:

I've been with FiOS for just about 6 years. I used to sing high praise to friends and family about how great the services are. I'm sad to say that's all changing since I made the switch to Quantum TV. I've had nothing but issues from the start with Quantum TV. It seems that I'm paying Verizon more for less. I'm seriously considering the switch to Optimum, if Verizon doesn't sort out the Quantum TV issues with the next update.

Verizon would never admit it but Quantum TV is still not even beta. In my opinion anyone with Quantum TV is getting ripped off badly. My 7100 P2 works great and I'm very happy with my current TV service. I would not "upgrade" to Quantum even if was a free "upgrade".

Verizon is like Microsoft.. first generation products are complete crap. Third / fourth generation products are top notch.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to dharel1705

to dharel1705
I have to agree here. I've been singing the praises of FiOS for years and was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on Quantum, but they've really screwed the pooch with this. The Quantum experience goes downhill seemingly every day. I've deactivated every box but one on my FiOS account and will keep using DirecTV exclusively until they get this right. It's just not worth the expense right now. At the current pace, that certainly could be awhile until it's working properly. And honestly, it's a sad day when DirecTV's DVRs are light years faster than anybody's.
JPL
Premium Member
join:2007-04-04
Downingtown, PA

JPL to dharel1705

Premium Member

to dharel1705
I guess I'm the exception here, because I've had virtually zero issues with the VMS since getting it. The worst I experienced was the real slowness when the box first came out, but since the first firmware upgrade, it's been fine. And getting faster with each subsequent upgrade. The only functional problem I had was about a week ago when one IP box wouldn't feed anything to one TV. I rebooted the box, and when it tried to connect to the router, it couldn't. I made a call to Verizon, and the tech not only picked up right away, but couldn't have been more patient on the phone with me, while he walked me through a number of different items to try. Turned out a reboot of the VMS itself was all I needed to do. I'm one of those who sings the praises of the VMS. For me it's been pretty darn rock solid (I actually expected alot more issues, considering the newness of the platform). I love the 6 tuners and the extra recording space, but what I really enjoy is the seamless integration between the VMS and IP boxes. Not to discount what others have been experiencing, but to be honest, there are lots of positive experiences too.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
They definitely rushed this service out the door to catch up with other companies like cablevision and satellite. Until the last two firmware updates my problems were minimal and bearable. With the last two though they've really screwed the pooch bad. I would assume the next update is in the next week and hopefully is an improvement.

Tomel
join:2007-11-07
Midlothian, VA

Tomel to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
JPL . . .

Sure would like to know what's different about your setup that makes it work.

Hey Verizon . . . How about doing an automatic re-boot for me about 3 AM each night until you fix the problem. Will save me the trouble.

Trying to think of what would cause the system to slow down over time that would be fixed by a re-boot. Could some buffer or memory location be "filling up" and not being cleared periodically? Kind of like when you have a lot of apps loaded into memory at the same time on a windows machine, forcing the operating system to use the page file on disk when it runs out of RAM. Surely, the smart Verizon software engineers have considered that possibility.

Oh well, just did a re-boot so can enjoy FiOs again for a little while.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Yeah, had to reboot our main VMS unit yesterday morning since it's the day in the house we watch the most TV (football, etc.) - things were definitely starting to hang..
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Anyone else noticing that there are shows in the guide that should be listed as new that aren't? I've already had 3 shows that should have been listed as new that weren't and weren't recorded because of this. I'm sure its a tribune media issue, but it's already starting to annoy me that I have to check my scheduled recordings and make sure the shows are set to record and if not have to manually go in and set them to record.
infinitempg
join:2014-07-08
Bradenton, FL

infinitempg to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I agree with many of the things here, my biggest quirk is the response after power up. For example turning on box and TV, notice it's on a channel of a game I am recording and don't want to see the live score so as soon as the box shows power on I click (for example) 513.... after a few seconds the box display shows "5". Never shows the "13", try to hit "previous", does nothing. Try hitting "513" again then it tries to go to "13513", it's like you have to have it powered on for 30 seconds before you can even make a channel selection and if you try who knows what channel you'll end up on.

Also did a search for a show and it showed dozens of them on different future dates and hitting "Info" showed the info but only showed the date of the upcoming broadcast and never showed the original air date nor what ones were "New". That blows....

And also agree... where the heck is our Pandora widget?!?!?!?!
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I'm noticing an issue with recording Madam Secretary. Next week and the week after didn't show in scheduled recordings. I had to set them to record manually even though it shows they're new. I'm wondering if the issue is they keep screwing around with its start time due to football.
Myzteziz
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

Anyone else still missing the ESPN logos in the guide? I still have them showing as "tv" and no reboot helps. I find it funny the most expensive channels are missing the logos.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

1 edit

Timothy28

Yep its gone here too. I'm wondering if it has to do with waiting for ESPN to approve the logo since they seem to keep updating their look.
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

I was up visiting my sister on Saturday. She has the 7232. I installed her new Rev. I Gen3 Router, because she upgraded her speed in her Apartment. It really helped her WiFi speed, tremendously. Compared to the Rev F. They did not even want it back. It did not have return postage.

Anyway, she as well, does not the ESPN, or ESPN 2 channel icons.

So, it may be affecting more than just VMS users.
jr461
join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

jr461

I don't have the ESPN logos and have good old Motorola DVRs (not VMS).
dharel1705
join:2009-06-09
Merrick, NY

dharel1705 to Myzteziz

to Myzteziz
I'm still missing the ESPN logos and a few others on my VMS and 2 client boxes.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

What else are you missing? ESPN is the only ones i've noticed.