spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to bull3964

to bull3964

Re: [IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)

Just got the update. Box rebooted and only took a minute.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: DVR Recordings List Bug Still There

On my IP box, I can also confirm that the Parental Control BUG is fixed.

I know this because when my new box came a day ago, I left it as is. There was the Padlock symbol by a couple FX shows. Now, that Padlock symbol is no longer there.
danman48
join:2007-10-11
Huntington Beach, CA

danman48 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)

You can now press the play button again to see the bottom third info bar. Like if you're skipping ahead, after the last update you had to press OK or info to get that bar. It' sback to how it was.

The guide data now shows episode names in the full info screen right under the Title of the show.

The speed of the guide and menus still isn't as fast as it should be. They definitely need to work on a caching solution to make the menuing better.

mdomi
@198.178.234.x

mdomi to SeattleMatt

Anon

to SeattleMatt
Wife says that the remote still seems to skip lines when navigating through the menus...for example, press down arrow once when looking through a list of recordings will skip down 2 items.

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Ugh. Didn't get the update again...just like last time. Update light never even turned on. Gonna give it another day. If I have to call tech support to have them force update, that means something is going on with my setup where I can't receive updates.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

1 edit

ggma1126 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
weird - my media server is showing update light blinking and version #'s are 2.17- with middleware at 2.15 the ipc in the bedroom is showing 1.0b build version 2.182 UI 2.18.1 but middle ware is showing 2.15 and kitchen ipc is showing the same as media server how is it the ipc client updated almost except for the middleware but the server and other clients did not weird all were turned off when I left for work this morning at 6:15 can't believe the download is not done on the media server after 7 hours checked the client in family room all at 2.18 except the middleware at 2.15 and my son's bedroom all at 2.18 middleware at 2.15 seems like only the media server hasn't updated light still blinking best part is when update came thru all boxes were off
dlb
join:2014-08-24
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

said by ggma1126:

weird - my media server is showing update light blinking and version #'s are 2.17- with middleware at 2.15 the ipc in the bedroom is showing 1.0b build version 2.182 UI 2.18.1 but middle ware is showing 2.15 and kitchen ipc is showing the same as media server how is it the ipc client updated almost except for the middleware but the server and other clients did not weird all were turned off when I left for work this morning at 6:15 can't believe the download is not done on the media server after 7 hours

same problem here......

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to ggma1126

Premium Member

to ggma1126
said by ggma1126:

my media server is showing update light blinking and version #'s are 2.17- with middleware at 2.15

ggma1126, I am having same problem with the firmware not updated, with a blinking update light on my two VMS1100, both have been blinking all day now. I have reported it to VZ and they are still looking in to it. I have tried everything, can't get the update. Will keep all that having this problem updated when they figure out what is going on.

johnf2

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

ggma1126

Premium Member

thanks apparently some of my clients updated except for the middleware (2.15) and server and 1 client did not best part is all boxes were off when update started. will wait to hear what problem is
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

reboot doesnot help....

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2

Premium Member

said by dlb:

reboot doesnot help....

dlb, what VHO are you in? I am in VHO8.

johnf2
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

where is vh0 listed?
dlb

dlb to johnf2

to johnf2
VHO3305

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2

Premium Member

So this is happening in the different VHO's in different parts of the country. So I guess we have to wait on VZ to scope out the problem.

johnf2
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

are your client boxes working ok now?

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2

Premium Member

said by dlb:

are your client boxes working ok now?

dlb, I don't have client IPCs, I have 2 - VSM1100s, same problem on both

john
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb

oh ok, It is very strange how a client ipc can now have the update but not the VSM"S....how ca that be?

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

1 edit

ggma1126

Premium Member

dlb I am trying to figure out that one also - but did notice JeepMatt said middleware should be 2.18 my 3 clients that did update are showing 2.15 with other info 2.18 I only have the media server and 1 client that did not update

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to dlb

Premium Member

to dlb
said by dlb:

how a client ipc can now have the update but not the VSM"S....how ca that be?

Exactly, I too would like to see the explanation of that!!!

johnf2

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

GG and John-
Sounding like some folks got a corrupted download.

GG-
Sounds like you missed out on a data object if your Middleware its still at 2.15.

Hope you guys can get it squared away quick.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

ggma1126

Premium Member

Jeep thanks that is what i figured but again really weird that 3 clients updated except for the middleware and media server and 1 client did not now the update light is not blinking just solid on the server box never had this happen before - hopefully they will put it out again and all will go well can't understand how clients can update but not the server
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

GG and John-
Sounding like some folks got a corrupted download.

GG-
Sounds like you missed out on a data object if your Middleware its still at 2.15.

Hope you guys can get it squared away quick.

Me too, otherwise this is just gonna unfold into 10 pages of failed download discussion, which really doesn't add anything to the changes that occurred in this build. (Not trying to be a d**k, just pointing it out.) Does anybody have anything else to add about the content of the update, or is that it? I've noticed the guide still takes forever to populate when going out a few days. So that certainly wasn't addressed with update.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Sounding like some folks got a corrupted download

Matt, that sounds plausible, a corrupted download. I will pursue that possibility with VZ.

Thanks,

johnf2

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

John-
Just a guess. But based on how the Quantum boxes are set up, it could happen.

The updates are spread over multiple data objects - so it's not just 1 big download. Think of it as a pizza - you were supposed to get 12 slices in the "pie", but you're missing 3.

BSangs-
I see what you're talking about - but, figuring that it's downloading 500+ channels worth of information when you Page out a few days, I don't think the 10 second or so delay is that bad. Unless it's taking a lot longer than that for you.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by SeattleMatt:

John-
BSangs-
I see what you're talking about - but, figuring that it's downloading 500+ channels worth of information when you Page out a few days, I don't think the 10 second or so delay is that bad. Unless it's taking a lot longer than that for you.

I'd be inclined to agree if not for two things: 1) It didn't work like that on the old 7232 DVRs and 2) I can scroll out 14 days on my DirecTV DVR in under a minute.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

2 edits

Myzteziz

Here's something I'm already seeing.

Did a guide search, found a show, hit record on the screen, got a guide data not available error then within 10 seconds it would allow me to record the show. After I chose record show everything froze for almost a whole minute. Finally let me exit but then the guide wouldn't even come up, coudln't change channels, nothing. Had to reboot. Tried it again and it worked fine so hopefully just a small glitch and not a bug.
dharel1705
join:2009-06-09
Merrick, NY

dharel1705 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
No update here either. Same issue as with the last one. I'm hoping I don't need to call in.
dlb
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb to ggma1126

to ggma1126
said by ggma1126:

Jeep thanks that is what i figured but again really weird that 3 clients updated except for the middleware and media server and 1 client did not now the update light is not blinking just solid on the server box never had this happen before - hopefully they will put it out again and all will go well can't understand how clients can update but not the server

Middleware its still at 2.15. on all my client boxes..... but all downloaded 2.18.2 build// also says ui version 2.18.1.....

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

1 edit

ggma1126

Premium Member

then all your boxes got update except for the middleware data object i have vms not updated at all and all clients updated except for the middleware data object - my update light is blinking again after being solid for an hour
dsissitka
join:2010-08-05
Hudson, FL

dsissitka

quote:
The skip ahead bug is really strange, and is new. From what I have experienced, it happens only on currently recording shows that you start watching by playing it from the recording list.

Further, the skip ahead works normally until you get to the time into the show where it was live when you started watching it.

After that, the skip ahead keeps taking you to that same place where it was live when you started watching it.
That was fixed in last night's update.