spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Timothy28
join:2006-05-13
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt

Re: [IMG] New Quantum Build : 2.18.2 (9/11/14)

I had the blinking arrow and solid arrow issue too on my VMS. I'm not sure about the client boxes. I wasn't able to check since family was asleep in those rooms but it appears the clients got the update no problem. With my VMS i rebooted it after waiting on it for two hours. After the reboot the update downloaded and installed in about 15 minutes without issue. I have all the correct objects installed.
Timothy28

Timothy28 to dsissitka

to dsissitka
Yep i can confirm too that it was fixed. I tested it immediately.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
join:2008-08-30
Claymont, DE

ggma1126 to frankpf3

Premium Member

to frankpf3
I only have 13% used so i doubt that is the problem all clients updated except for the middleware object which is still at 2.15 only the media server has not updated at all
ggma1126

ggma1126 to johnf2

Premium Member

to johnf2
John I am seeing the same thing update light stays solid for like an hour then starts blinking does that for a while then goes solid again this is only on my vms as that is the only box that did not update at all - the clients all updated except for the middleware which is still sitting at 2.15
cawall
join:2014-06-05
Beaumont, CA

cawall to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Duh! Thanks.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

ggma1126 to Timothy28

Premium Member

to Timothy28
timothy you are lucky rebooting did nothing for me arrow still alternating between solid and blinking but never completing the updateon the VMS
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

I honestly wasn't expecting it to work but i had to try something since something was obviously wrong. I was pleasantly surprised it worked. It amazes me how bad Verizon can muck up an update. Hope everyone having issues can get it resolved soon.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

johnf2 to ggma1126

Premium Member

to ggma1126
said by ggma1126:

update light stays solid for like an hour then starts blinking does that for a while then goes solid again this is only on my vms as that is the only box that did not update at all

That problem has been identified and should be corrected over night.

johnf2
bongohawk
join:2014-09-11
Flower Mound, TX

bongohawk to Timothy28

to Timothy28
Looks like they didn't fix the bug of info when watching a recorded show. I have noticed if I am watching something I have recorded and playing it back on a client box, hitting INFO does nothing. I can hit the UP arrow and it gives me the option skip ahead at those 10 minute markers or whatever random markers they provide, but no INFO when I hit the info button.
dharel1705
join:2009-06-09
Merrick, NY

dharel1705 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
OK. A quick update. After remembering what Verizon did the last time my boxes didn't update, I did a Google search for VMS 1100 Cold Init. My search found these instructions:

1. Start pressing OK on the remote as you plug in the VMS.
2. Press 328 immediately after a single solid dash appears on the front panel.
3. The world "COLD" will be displayed on the front panel.
4. The box will boot, then the activation display will come up on the TV.
5. Follow the full activation process

I followed these steps on each of my boxes and they successfully initialized with the updated build. I had to go through and change some settings, but all seems to be ok. I hope this helps others with issues.

ggma1126
GGMA1126
Premium Member
Claymont, DE

ggma1126 to johnf2

Premium Member

to johnf2
said by johnf2:

said by ggma1126:

update light stays solid for like an hour then starts blinking does that for a while then goes solid again this is only on my vms as that is the only box that did not update at all

That problem has been identified and should be corrected over night.

johnf2

then hopefully all will be good by tomorrow morning when I get up just confirmed all clients updated except for the middleware only the vms not updated
dharel1705
Merrick, NY

dharel1705

ggma1126 Follow the steps in my post above your last post. You should do this on all of your boxes. It will likely update the middleware on your other boxes too.
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28 to bongohawk

to bongohawk
It does work now though if you hit play you get the info bar at the bottom. That wasn't working before.
Timothy28

Timothy28 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I am still seeing a scheduled recording bug but not the one mentioned here. If i scroll through them really fast, sometimes a day will be split into two. Like Wednesday was listed twice. The first one had most of the scheduled recordings listed under it. The second one had the rest.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to Timothy28

to Timothy28
post the first 5 lines of text on System Info
Timothy28
Lewisville, TX

Timothy28

I've got exactly what's posted in the first post.

Release : 1.0b

Build Version : 02.18.2

UI Version : 02.18.1

Middleware : 02.18

Firmware Version : KA12.37.03.04Alder.408758
dlb
join:2014-08-24
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb to dharel1705

to dharel1705
said by dharel1705:

OK. A quick update. After remembering what Verizon did the last time my boxes didn't update, I did a Google search for VMS 1100 Cold Init. My search found these instructions:

I followed these steps on each of my boxes and they successfully initialized with the updated build. I had to go through and change some settings, but all seems to be ok. I hope this helps others with issues.

thanks dharel1702...I will try this ( I am in massapequa park) , 1 question, does this reboot loose all recorded shows and shows awaiting recording?....
dharel1705
Merrick, NY

dharel1705

said by dlb:

said by dharel1705:

thanks dharel1702...I will try this ( I am in massapequa park) , 1 question, does this reboot loose all recorded shows and shows awaiting recording?....

No. It didn't on my boxes this time and didn't when Verizon did a cold init the last time. Essentially, you are just forcing the box to reinitialize and during that process it pulls software from the download servers. Since the software is the latest revision, that's what you'll get. I can confirm that this worked for me twice - once with a VZ cold init and once doing it myself.

Edit -forgot to say hello neighbor. lol!!!!!

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival to dharel1705

to dharel1705
im gonna try that now, i just did a normal reboot and it was still 2.17, down here in the tampa area
dharel1705
Merrick, NY

dharel1705

said by eival:

im gonna try that now, i just did a normal reboot and it was still 2.17, down here in the tampa area

Yup, a normal reboot doesn't do anything in terms of updating the software.

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne

Thanks dharel. You saved me from calling tech support and having them force the update. By following your instructions, I am now at:

Once again, thanks.
dharel1705
Merrick, NY

dharel1705

said by PhoenixOne:

Thanks dharel. You saved me from calling tech support and having them force the update. By following your instructions, I am now at:

Once again, thanks.

No worries!! Glad it worked. I really wanted to avoid having to call Verizon, as the last time my boxes didn't update, I was on the phone with them for over 2 hours.
dharel1705

1 edit

dharel1705 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
If anyone from Verizon happens to read this thread, there is definitely an issue with people on Long Island not receiving updates automatically. This is the 2nd time myself and others on this forum didn't receive an update.
dlb
join:2014-08-24
Massapequa Park, NY

dlb to dharel1705

to dharel1705
said by dharel1705:

said by PhoenixOne:

Once again, thanks.

No worries!! Glad it worked. I really wanted to avoid having to call Verizon, as the last time my boxes didn't update, I was on the phone with them for over 2 hours.

I tried to do mine , but it didnot work, never said COLD.....I unpluged it at the vms and pugged in and followed instructions 328....everything looked like normal reboot??

PhoenixOne
join:2009-12-16
Old Bethpage, NY

PhoenixOne

Don't forget that as soon as you plug it in, start pressing ok multiple times and then as soon as you see the first dash on the VMS, press 328.
dharel1705
Merrick, NY

dharel1705 to dlb

to dlb
You need to be precise and quick with the steps. Unplug the box you are working on. You may need an extra person to help you. Once the box is unplugged, start pressing OK on the remote and plug the box back in. As soon as you see a single dash ( - ), enter 328 on the remote. It will display COLD and start the activation process. If you get 4 dashes (- - - -) you didn't enter 328 fast enough.
dharel1705

dharel1705 to dlb

to dlb
I actually just found an easier way to perform the cold init. This was how a tech did it when I had issues with my initial install.

1. Unplug the box you need to reset.
2. Wait about 10 seconds and plug the box back in.
3. As soon as you plug it in start rapidly pressing the menu button on the remote until the display says RUN.
4. Press arrow down on the remote until the display says COLD.
5. Press OK.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to dlb

to dlb
Guys I'm having the exact same problem. All clients updated properly. VMS wasn't. Just a solid update light on box. Any ideas?
frankpf3

frankpf3 to Timothy28

to Timothy28
How long did the download take?
dharel1705
Merrick, NY

dharel1705 to frankpf3

to frankpf3
Look above your post and at the few before that as well. Force a cold init on your VMS.