Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy to gate1975mlm

Premium Member

to gate1975mlm

Re: [X1-X2] Xfinity X1 now available to New Customers

I have a printed rate sheet from the local Comcast office, here in Springfield MA they'll gladly upgrade your DVR and boxes to X1 for a $49.99 fee. It says X1 Platform upgrade fee $49.99.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by IowaCowboy:

I have a printed rate sheet from the local Comcast office, here in Springfield MA they'll gladly upgrade your DVR and boxes to X1 for a $49.99 fee. It says X1 Platform upgrade fee $49.99.

Yeah, Comcast dropped that fee down from its original $100 price in most markets starting back in March: »Upgrading to Comcast's X1 May Incur $100 Fee for Some [13] comments
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

said by IowaCowboy:

Yeah, Comcast dropped that fee down from its original $100 price in most markets starting back in March [2014]: »Upgrading to Comcast's X1 May Incur $100 Fee for Some [13] comments

FYI - Just found this notice on my latest bill:
quote:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: As of March 3, 2015, due to changes in business costs, the X1 Platform Upgrade Fee decreased from $49.99 to $19.99 per occurrence. Price excludes applicable taxes and fees.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I like the xi3 box. it's the same size as a dta. It will need a good signal to communicate with the main x1 box as it uses one of the x1s tuners so you may need to run a new line just for the xi3 like I had to do.