uniqs

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

Moving Fee (Cable)

I doubt they will waive the moving fee, it's a standard fee for all cable moves.
LeTimmy
join:2013-04-16

LeTimmy

It's a cash grab. No Rogers tech has to visit the home to establish service since its currently active with Rogers and will be active when I move into the home. Also, it's more expensive than cancelling my service and reactivating it. Activation Fee is $49.95. How in the world can they justify a $100.00 moving fee when all they are doing is coordinating a service switch with Rogers.

I'm fine with them not waiving the fee. That's their prerogative. I will gladly take my business elsewhere. I'm not fine with them going on 9 days now without the courtesy of a response however this is consistent with the experience i've had with Acanac since the beginning. The hoops i had to jump through to get service established in the first place was mind boggling. A total nightmare.

Having lived in the U.S for many years i know what its like to be with an internet carrier that provides a GOOD customer experience and does everything possible to retain their customers. Unfortunately here in Canada we are so limited in carrier options and essentially forced into picking the best of the worst. The American companies will be here one day and it's unfortunate that my business won't likely be with a Canadian company.

Acanac is really really good at providing POOR customer service. It's not the experience i expect as a paying customer.
LeTimmy

LeTimmy

UPDATE:

I finally received a reply from Acanac!!! 11 days, 2 emails and 3 phone calls later.

Hello

We do apologize for any inconvenience, However we are unable to waive the move fee. This fee is charged by the carrier because 2 technicians are required to process a move, One technician to disconnect at previous location and another to connect at your new location.

Please confirm how you would like to proceed.

If you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Colin
Customer Relations

Colin:

Rogers is already established and will remain active at(until i change providers) at the home I'm moving to.. This is simply coordinating a service switch. Secondly, you wouldn't charge me for cancelling my account so what does it matter if Rogers has to disconnect at current home. You have a setup fee of $49.95 and yet you are trying to charge me $100.00. What doesn't seem right here???? So i can cancel my service and setup up new service at my new home for $49.95 but to move account service to the new home its $100.00. What doesn't seem right here???

I don't care who has to do what. Rogers is not to blame here. Acanac is.

It's very simply this. You pay Rogers for whatever charges there are and you don't bill me for it.

I'll give you an example of how easy this is. If you look at my account from the beginning. I was credited for 3 months of service because of the INSANE experience i had getting my internet established in the first place. I was given 3 months or so of FREE service from an ACANAC manager. You still had to pay Rogers for that service I was getting. Easy. You pay Rogers. You don't bill me.

Those are the kind of things you do to retain customers. Saying that, the easiest of things seem to be very difficult for Acanac.

It took 11 days and 3 phone calls for me to get a response only to try to pass the blame to Rogers.

Do not renew my service for next month. I believe my next billing period is Oct 3rd. To be clear. Last day of active service will be Oct. 3rd.

Tim