All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

johnklos
@98.119.81.x

johnklos

Anon

[Business] How do I ask for Verizon to advertise a network?

Hi,

Verizon is one of those necessary evils: they have the best Mb per $ where I am, and the service is reliable, but I absolutely DREAD trying to communicate with them. Asking them to switch the ONT from MOCA to ethernet is a relative breeze compared to what I am now trying to do.

I have a class C network and I would like Verizon to advertise this class C, then route it to our FiOS line. I have spent, in total, over eight hours on the phone with all sorts of representatives. Nobody there knows anything about how routing on the Internet works, and they CAN'T EVEN FIND ANYONE ELSE who knows what I'm talking about!

Can someone recommend any method to get in touch with the proper people at Verizon, or can anyone think of a better way to explain this to the Verizon "technical" support in a way they might understand?

My soul is tired from dealing with them...

Thanks.

houkouonchi
join:2002-07-22
Ontario, CA

houkouonchi

I am pretty sure this is impossible.

Well let me put it this way... impossible for you to get VZ to do it. VZ's small business does not support all the features that the more medium-business connections support (like T1 or metro ethernet). I am pretty darn sure they will not change their BGP advertisements to route an IP subnet you own on any kind of FIOS service. I am pretty sure they will probably do this with T1's (which is probably way too slow for you) but I am afraid its things like this where they want you to go to their 'medium-business' connections which means metro ethernet and $2000/month for 50 megabits.

They tried to push me to this service (from my fios) due to my bandwidth usage and its super over-priced considering for 1/5th the price I can get a sequential 300mbit connection when that poor poor $2000/month metro ethernet 50m connection only had a 10m commit.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane to johnklos

to johnklos
said by johnklos :

I have a class C network and I would like Verizon to advertise this class C

They have stated previously they will not do this on FiOS lines. You need direct fiber or metro ethernet or some other form of commercial line. FiOS is a no go for BGP. Their IPs or no IP essentially.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

1 recommendation

nycdave to johnklos

MVM

to johnklos
FiOS is not an enterprise class network like Verizon Business DIA or PIP provides (SLA, etc). There is no way to get the FiOS network setup in that way, as others have said. Sorry.