uniqs
markf
join:2008-01-24
Scarborough, ON

markf to Kardinal

to Kardinal

Re: 2014-2015 Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/ ··· id-land/

Sportsnet had an article about where the NHL would want McDavid.

My money would be on Arizona. They're Bettman's darling and anything he can do to boost them he will.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to daeron

Premium Member

to daeron
said by daeron:

said by dirtyjeffer0:

.Clarkson got 20 games for leaving the bench

I think it was an automatic 10 not 20. I agree though in order to take this stuff out of the game you need much tougher penalties

sorry, yea...i think it was 10 games and yes, automatic...but really, if you get 10 games for leaving the bench, hitting someone like this in the head should be at least 10 as well.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to markf

to markf
said by markf:

My money would be on Arizona.

Arizona, Florida or Carolina IMO. Bettman wants the southern expansion to be his legacy, but one team already moved with those three on life support... not good for him.

shaner
Premium Member
join:2000-10-04
Calgary, AB

shaner to markf

Premium Member

to markf
Good God. McDavid in Arizona would be an embarrassment of young riches.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Arizona will move within 3 years... I think that was the points in the sale of the Coyotes to the new ownership group, that they can move the franchise in 5 years if they keep losing money...

Well we all know they will keep losing money.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

Yeah, they have to lose $50 million or so for the lease to break. They lost $34 million this year.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by shaner:

Yeah, they have to lose $50 million or so for the lease to break. They lost $34 million this year.

a team stacked with young talent may also help make it easier to sell.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to shaner

to shaner
said by shaner:

They lost $34 million this year.

A significant chunk of that was one-time cost (closing the deal itself, and the Ribeiro buyout). Apart from that they still lost a big chunk of change ($16.6m), but it was actually better than projected ($20m).

Still, $34m is what they reported in terms of the out-clause, and it's likely they'll hit the $50m by year 5.
Doonz (banned)
join:2010-11-27
Beaumont, AB

Doonz (banned)

said by bt:

said by shaner:

They lost $34 million this year.

A significant chunk of that was one-time cost (closing the deal itself, and the Ribeiro buyout). Apart from that they still lost a big chunk of change ($16.6m), but it was actually better than projected ($20m).

Still, $34m is what they reported in terms of the out-clause, and it's likely they'll hit the $50m by year 5.

Yeah they're pretty much done in the dessert. Most likely will end up in seattle

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
Whoever made the deal to buy the coyotes with that 5 year out clause knows full well even if they lose here for 5 years, then move the franchise its still way cheaper than what the NHL would charge for an expansion franchise...
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by HiVolt:

Whoever made the deal to buy the coyotes with that 5 year out clause knows full well even if they lose here for 5 years, then move the franchise its still way cheaper than what the NHL would charge for an expansion franchise...

Eh, I think the only way the NHL sees "big" expansion money dollars is if they add a second team in the Greater Toronto Area (If not Toronto itself)

This isn't like the NFL or the NBA where expansion is a license to print money.

NefCanuck

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

shaner

Premium Member

The rumoured expansion fee for Las Vegas is $450 million, so yes, the owners of the Coyotes could get the team, lose money, and move it for less than the in market cost of starting a new franchise.
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
Oh how the Leafs have fallen...

Shit the bed tonight against the Sharks and their Saturday game against Ottawa has been shoveled off to Sportsnet....

Monday is going to be painful to watch this shit show live from $150 a pop seats

NefCanuck

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to be honest, i've never seen the value in attending a live game...don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed the games i've been to (Bell gave me tickets a few times), but i'd never pay the asking price for admission...i find Knights games to be good value for the dollar...and the Tampa Bay Lightning game we went to a few years ago while in FL was also solid ($32 Golds).
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by dirtyjeffer0:

to be honest, i've never seen the value in attending a live game...don't get me wrong, i've enjoyed the games i've been to (Bell gave me tickets a few times), but i'd never pay the asking price for admission...i find Knights games to be good value for the dollar...and the Tampa Bay Lightning game we went to a few years ago while in FL was also solid ($32 Golds).

A friend is coming up from NY and these tickets were purchased back in early February before the Leafs proceeded to drive off the cliff.

Due to the fact that these are access seats (300 level, hence the higher price) I can't possibly resell them or transfer them so we're going, I just have to resist the urge to heft my cane at the ice as things fall apart.

NefCanuck

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

1 recommendation

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

understandable...shaner and i went to a few games (Leafs and the last Gold Medal World Cup game)...those tickets were an absolute fortune...we had a blast, but i would never have paid those prices for them.

g121
play lordsgame com | Phone Cops are real
join:2004-05-28
Toronto
Hitron CODA-4680
Asus RT-AC86
Grandstream HT812

g121 to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
we shared Leafs season tickets mid-80s thru mid-90s .. 1st row greens between blue line & centre ice .. fabulous seats .. last price we paid was low $40s/seat .. it's incredible how much ticket prices have risen since then ..

cheers from Toronto ..

NoLeafsNo
@bell.ca

NoLeafsNo

Anon

whats up with Kazem Nasri? why does he think he is so macho first being late for practice, getting sent home then nocking a guy out getting a suspension? who does he think he is? tie domi or something
NefCanuck
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to dirtyjeffer0

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

understandable...shaner and i went to a few games (Leafs and the last Gold Medal World Cup game)...those tickets were an absolute fortune...we had a blast, but i would never have paid those prices for them.

I'll get a few pictures, but seeing as how this is a game against Minnesota, I'm betting the place is a ghost town by the second period if the Leafs deliver yet another dud (Even if Minnesota is still in their playoff position, I can't see that many Wild fans making the trip for a Monday night game)

Sing along with me boys and girls (To the tune of the Flintstones - WARNING LANGUAGE!)

"Shit show, watch the shit show, let's go down to the A. C. C.
O-ver priced concessions, and the tickets are highway rob-bery
Play-ers not giving a damn, Leafs fans the sheeple that we am
Shit show, watch the shit show, let's go have a bad time
Get goddamn mad time, let's have a bad old time
"

NefCanuck

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

1 recommendation

dirtyjeffer0 to NoLeafsNo

Premium Member

to NoLeafsNo
said by NoLeafsNo :

whats up with Kazem Nasri? why does he think he is so macho first being late for practice, getting sent home then nocking a guy out getting a suspension? who does he think he is? tie domi or something

for one, it's Nazem Kadri...secondly, Tie Domi acted somewhat "classless" early in his career, until Messier straightened him out (for the most part)...the Leafs don't have a Messier in the locker room to lead by example.

Raptor
Not a Dumptruck
join:2001-10-21
London, ON

Raptor

said by dirtyjeffer0:

Tie Domi acted somewhat "classless" early in his career, until Messier straightened him out (for the most part)...the Leafs don't have a Messier in the locker room to lead by example.

For anyone unfamiliar: Tie Domi on Probert, Showboating, Messier:

»youtu.be/h_Q5Gju0jo0

Skip to 2:55 for the Domi/Messier reference.
WNGFAN 1
join:2003-11-02
Leamington, ON

WNGFAN 1

The good old days

huh_wha
@start.ca

huh_wha

Anon

For the first time since I can remember, there's a regular season Leafs game on Saturday night at 7pm not televised on the CBC.

The cannibalization of HNIC is complete.
The Leafs, also a Rogers product, wallowing in the basement.

It all seems so fitting somehow.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by huh_wha :

For the first time since I can remember, there's a regular season Leafs game on Saturday night at 7pm not televised on the CBC.

that's too bad...not for the Leafs, but Sens are in the playoff race.

shaner
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

1 edit

shaner

Premium Member

Not that I've been watching because it's such a train wreck, but I just found out Peter Holland has been out for the past 5 games with a "suspected leg injury". Seems he got hurt just as he was the only Leaf actually scoring.

»www.tsn.ca/ice-chips-lea ··· 1.237637

And who is Casey Bailey?
»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/ ··· -bailey/

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by shaner:

And who is Casey Bailey?
»www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/ ··· -bailey/

In short? He's a freebie. Doesn't cost a draft pick, doesn't cost anything in a trade, and might turn out to be useful. There are a few US college/university players signed every year when the NCAA season is over. The big prize this year seems to be Matt O'Connor, a goalie who plays for BU (if memory serves correctly).

Kitlope
join:2004-07-29
Edmonton, Ab

Kitlope to Raptor

to Raptor
Thanks for that. Great video. Right around the time the Oilers started to be irrelevant.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to Raptor

Premium Member

to Raptor
Those Domi/Probert fights were priceless.........the fans would get their money's worth in those days,

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Those Domi/Probert fights were priceless.........the fans would get their money's worth in those days,

Yeah you rarely see a scrap that long these days, refs step in quickly.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
Leafs announced that tonight's game was not a sellout. First time since moving to the ACC