Search similar:

uniqs

teilo
Premium Member
join:2014-09-13
Norwood Young America, MN

teilo

Premium Member

[Cable HSI] Upgraded to Ultra 105. One channel keeps dropping.

I just installed my upgrade to Ultra 105. I have one channel that has between a 3-5% bit error rate. The channel keeps dropping.

In these 8-channel bonding setups, can one bad channel be responsible for limiting your speed to 25% of advertised? I am able to get 75Mbps immediately after a modem restart, but thereafter I max out at around 30.

A tech is scheduled to come out because online support claimed they could not even get into my modem. Lame. And it's over a week out.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

If you are bonding to 8 channels, and 1 channel drops, this should not prevent you from reaching 100Mbps download. Odds are that there is an underlying issue causing this. I would be happy to look into this for you. Can you send me a dm with your account or phone number so that I can check all the signals at your modem and area?
chadwik
join:2002-02-02
Waterloo, IA

chadwik to teilo

to teilo
Is your router and computer up to the task of handling the speed? What router are you using and are you connecting via cable or wireless?

teilo
Premium Member
join:2014-09-13
Norwood Young America, MN

teilo

Premium Member

Yes, my router is more than up to the task. It's a Mikrotik RB450G. I use them in a number of commercial installations. Everything here at home is Cat6 and 1G.

I also bypassed the router and went straight to my iMac and had the same results, so it's not the router.

Also, I have no cable splitters.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hey teilo See Profile, thank you for sending your information over. With your account as an example I was able to find that there are some downstream errors causing packet loss on one of the 8 downstream channels you are bonded to. I have sent this over to area management to look into further and get resolved. Once I get some more information I will be sure to update you here and make sure this gets resolved.