spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Blivit
join:2014-05-14
Winter Springs, FL

Blivit

[CFL] BHN speed issues

I recently transferred my services to our new home.

I have 60mb internet and digital cable only. At my old residence I had a Ubee modem. For the transfer I asked for a motorola which they happened to have and swapped for me.

Everything is connected at the new residence using the sbg6580 and is working. I am having an issue though with the internet speeds.

Previously with the ubee I could get around 35mb on wifi and near 60 when connected directly which is what it should be.

Now with the motorola I am getting around 35 on wifi but 9 when connected directly.

I called in today and all they could offer was to have someone come out tomorrow. Am I missing something? Is there anything that can be looked into remotely? The only items I have changed with the modem were the admin login information and ssid/password for my wifi.

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

35 on wifi but only 9 connected directly ? something really strange there lol
You can go to the Direct Forums for BHN and post your Modem's MAC Address and BHNtechXpert can look into this for you
»/fo ··· sedirect
Blivit
Winter Springs, FL

Blivit

Thats exactly what I thought. If anything I thought it would be the other way around lol.

I will post up there thanks.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Blivit

Premium Member

to Blivit
Me thinks a bad or damaged ethernet cable but will take a look....
jcarerra
join:2007-06-13
Satellite Beach, FL

jcarerra

said by BHNtechXpert:

Me thinks a bad or damaged ethernet cable but will take a look....

Yepper...trying a different cable would absolutely be the first thing to try.
Blivit
Winter Springs, FL

Blivit

As I was in the middle of moving I didn't have another cable handy...found one and that ended up being the issue. The original one I was using was connected and working 2 days ago to my xbox. Guess it tanked when I put it in a box. Oh well. Everything is good now, thanks.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Blivit

Premium Member

to Blivit