spc
Search similar:

uniqs

AngryUser
@216.81.179.x

AngryUser

Anon

[RANT] Mediacom screwed up my internet

I have been a Mediacom internet customer for a long time now, and have been loving it and recommending it to all my friends. I had gotten a deal a few years back for their 50mbs internet service. Some time later they decided to impose data caps, and I was given 100mbs service with a 3tb data cap. Most recently they upped my service to 150mbs. So I thought, I would like to see what they offer for TV service since they are treating me so well with their internet. Called the sales rep, said multiple times, do not touch my internet. They said my internet would not change. Fast forward to Thursday. Got my tv hooked up and all seems to be well. Sunday, I get a pop up saying I have used more data than I have in my cap. I checked it out, and my internet has been changed to 100mbs 1tb cap. I am furious at this point. I have headed to mediacom's forums to get this resolved, they are unwilling to fix their screw up.

Long story short, be careful what they tell you because they will not stand behind their word.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hi AngryUser, I can look into this and work to get this fixed for you! Can you please register here and PM me your telephone# or MAC address or can you send me an email at socialmediateam@mediacomcc.com with this information so I can get this made right for you?

AngryUser
@216.81.179.x

AngryUser

Anon

Well, according to your guys, I'm the idiot. I seriously would have never agreed to dropping what I had. No way to go back now, I'm screwed.

Feel free to read here: »forums.mediacomcable.com ··· =23503.0

Thanks.
BlakePaulson
join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson to AngryUser

to AngryUser
I at one point was trying to get my parents to switch over to mediacom from Centurylink but the more and more I read this forum and see stories like this I'm convinced they're better off sticking with centurylink (they have 10mbps so it's at least fast enough to stream things!)

I feel for you man... it's frustrating just reading what happened, let alone knowing you're having to go through with that.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to AngryUser

to AngryUser
I don't see this necessarily as your fault, other than I know that during the time actual phone conversations take place that neither party necessary remembers all or hears all; so often we hear what we want to hear. Your saying that "I don't want my internet touched or changed" might not be heard in the same way, especially if one is in a special package situation and they make a change that pertain to other conditions of the deal.

Having said that, as Mediacom has dealt with the data caps and new speed tiers, they have had so many promotions and package combinations that it is almost impossible to keep track, let alone understand. And it is not like one's billing statement makes that any clearer. Even if MC put statements like "This is a Package Deal" or "This is a Promotional Rate only subject to these conditions..." in big bold letters, I doubt it will make any difference for most people in understanding their own particular billing situation and all of its limitations and nuances.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to AngryUser

Premium Member

to AngryUser
We no longer do the 3T plan (they are in the process of removing it from the site as far as I know) but we can undo this promotion if that is what you want to do. If so let me know.
sean67854
join:2009-09-07
Urbandale, IA

sean67854

So the highest cap will be 1tb?
SemperFi78
join:2011-03-04
Marion, IA

SemperFi78

said by sean67854:

So the highest cap will be 1tb?

Mine is 2Tb's with Ultra Plus
sean67854
join:2009-09-07
Urbandale, IA

sean67854 to AngryUser

to AngryUser
I wonder what the reason for removing the 3TB tier is. If I read the existing site correctly, there is no speed difference between the 2TB and the 3TB.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

We originally used it as a grandfathered, but they are considering removing it or adding it as available to all areas. Currently when you reach out to sales, you can not sign up for this plan directly. Should have some new info on it soon, for those interested.