spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DIYattempter
join:2014-09-15
Denver, CO

DIYattempter

[CenturyTel] Wireless Bridge troubleshoot

Hi there! Sort of novice here. I am attempting to bridge my Century Link router to an old Asante router so that I can connect my tv to the internet. The problem is that my Asante router (old/horrible) doesn't have a Bridge Mode , so I tried to set a static IP.

I first set my Century Link router to IP address 192.168.1.1, standard subnet etc.

I then set my Asante router to static IP 192.168.1.2 and set the gateway to the Century Link IP. I also set the Static DNS to the Century link IP as well.

Both security keys and SSID are the same, with the same authentication type/key. What am I missing? Thanks in advance

Irish Shark
Play Like A Champion Today
MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV

Irish Shark

MVM

What MODEM/Router do you have.

You set the Transparent Bridge Mode on the MODEM/Router and not your external router.

All the external router has to have is the capability to handle a PPPoE input. There is no need for a Bridge Mode on the external router.
DIYattempter
join:2014-09-15
Denver, CO

DIYattempter

So the internet is coming into the Century Link Modem/Router C1000Z and I want it to bridge to the Asante Smarthub AWRT-300N wireless router which will connect via ethernet to the TV.

I was under the impression that you set up the primary router (connected to the internet) as normal, noting the IP address and that the settings on the external router (connected to the TV) were changed so it would receive the signal and send through the ethernet port....

I'll try setting transparent Bridge Mode on the centurylink router. Any additional settings I should change? How should I configure the Asante router?
DIYattempter

DIYattempter to Irish Shark

to Irish Shark
There isn't a bridge or transparent bridge mode on my Century link modem/router either.

There is a WDS (Wireless distribution system) where you can manually input the external router's MAC address, which I did, but it still doesnt register the external router.

Both routers are broadcasting on the same channel, both N only, same SSID, same authentication type/key

I also attempted to use the PPPoE settings on my external router but that didnt help either. It physically can do that set up, so that's on the right track.

How would you set up this wireless bridge?

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952 to DIYattempter

Premium Member

to DIYattempter
said by DIYattempter:

Hi there! Sort of novice here. I am attempting to bridge my Century Link router to an old Asante router so that I can connect my tv to the internet.

Are you trying to use your old router (the Asante) as a wireless bridge to your smart TV, since your smart tv only has ethernet (and no wifi)?

If so, then you may wish to try a pair of power line adapters instead. I just bought a pair for $30 and they work way better than wireless. »www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-T ··· owerline