Search similar:

uniqs
markevan
Premium Member
join:2002-12-02
Silver Spring, MD

markevan

Premium Member

[General] Will this phone switch help me avoid ETF?

I am on a grandfathered family plan with a mix of smart and feature phones. All lines are out of contract except for one, a smart phone upgraded early this year.

If I substitute a feature phone for this smart phone and drop its data plan but keep the phone line, will the ETF kick in? I would like to add another feature phone to my plan and free the smart phone to be brought into a service provider who can give it "unlimited" data.

I plan to keep Verizon for the rest of the phones, so would this also avoid ETF if I transfer an upgrade to the line I plan to work in this manner, upgrade its phone and then do the switch I described?

Thanks for the benefit of your experience.
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned)

The ETF is tied to the line of service. If the line still has service there is no ETF. The one part of the ETF that has to do with teh phone is if you switch it to a feature phone them alter dropped service the smartphone ETF rate still applies.

what phone are you taking to another carrier it might not work.
markevan
Premium Member
join:2002-12-02
Silver Spring, MD

markevan

Premium Member

Thanks for your response. Your interpretation is consistent with the way I read things. If things don't work out with the alternate carrier, I will just go back.

C6 Z06
join:2002-07-17
Lubbock, TX

C6 Z06 to markevan

to markevan
Being on a grandfathered internet access plan, I am curious about ETF. What does the acronym stand for?
78036364 (banned)
join:2014-05-06
USA

78036364 (banned)

Early Termination Fee. It's a fee you pay when you want to bail out of your 2 year contract early. If you're not under contract the ETF doesn't apply.