join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Proof That The Database is Screwy

Click for full size
Just got another RG and yet again the database still seems to think I only qualify for 18 Mbps on the website and gave me this profile...

Also, is my bitloading graph a lot weaker because it's not in use as much on this profile?

Tech
@108.76.117.x

Tech

Anon

Re: Proof The Database is Screwy

Call or chat with ATT support and ask to have your profile upgraded to 32 meg, if the first level is unable to help you ask to be moved up to the second level they should be able to do it and upgrade you to the higher internet speed as well if that is what you want.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by Tech :

Call or chat with ATT support and ask to have your profile upgraded to 32 meg, if the first level is unable to help you ask to be moved up to the second level they should be able to do it and upgrade you to the higher internet speed as well if that is what you want.

Just got it fixed not too long ago.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
On my previous address, the database was screwed up for years. I had neighbors left and right of me with U-Verse, I could not get it. I lived in a triplex (with A, B, and C address numbers) and when all three of us had TWC, one of my neighbors changed to U-Verse while my address still showed NO. (he lived on B, I lived on A).

I complained to them, and they threw it at "probably distance problem" and "maybe too many people on the VRAD" and shrugged it off with "nothing we can do".

Since all three wires for A, B, and C apartments come from the SAME pole, and the poles run the same direction, ending at the end of the street (500ft max from my house) into a VRAD, I knew it wasn't a distance problem. And since 2 more neighbors got U-Verse as well, I know it wasn't a capacity problem either. I ended up asking a AT&T tech in the street who said this VRAD was really all open because it served less people, and there was room for many more customers. He also confirmed that the distance to my eyes was "probably less then 500ft"

It was always a database problem. Never got it fixed either, AT&T just kept insisting that it couldn't be helped.

It stopped being a problem when I bought a house and ordered U-verse there.