spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RockOrange
join:2002-01-24
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

[Bill] Well, happened again-modem rental notice

Every three months for the past 2 years I have received a notice that an audit of my account shows that I am not paying modem rental. I have owned my modem since I first subscribed to high speed internet in 2001. The last time I received it, I took the box and receipt for the modem that they said I owed them for to the local office. (That modem was an SB-4100.)

On top of all this, I cannot access information about my internet when I log onto my account info, I cannot log onto xfinitiwifi ( I am told that I do not have performance internet, and I do,) and I cannot access one of my email accounts.

When I call about it , I am lied to (everybody got that...it will never happen again, etc.) They even have the gall to try to get me to upgrade my services. It is unbelievable. Today, I was hung up on when I was "transferred" to tech support.
nysports4evr
Premium Member
join:2010-01-23

nysports4evr

Premium Member

[Bill] Re: Well, happened again-modem rental notice

Maybe have your local office completely repackage your account?

mccabe
join:2012-08-10
Boca Raton, FL

1 recommendation

mccabe to RockOrange

to RockOrange
Time to buy a new modem. You should donate your SB-4100 to the Smithsonian.

Comp Cmndo
join:2003-08-12
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comp Cmndo to RockOrange

to RockOrange
All Comcrap concerns themselves with is retention & sales. There is no Customer Service & they don't care. Comcast Forum is essentially dead. Lying has become SOP.

I've requested work orders for a ped cover for 5 years, by calling CS or by techs rolling by. Nothing is ever done.

The only way you will ever get satisfaction is to cancel service, which may not be a good option for you.

It's only going to get worse before it ever gets better since they have padded the FCC with former employees. It will require Presidential or Congressional intervention or something that brings down their entire system for days. Comcrap has become "too big to fail".

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

6 recommendations

NetDog to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange
said by RockOrange:

Every three months for the past 2 years I have received a notice that an audit of my account shows that I am not paying modem rental. I have owned my modem since I first subscribed to high speed internet in 2001. The last time I received it, I took the box and receipt for the modem that they said I owed them for to the local office. (That modem was an SB-4100.)

I sent you a PM, send me your info and I will see what I can do about this from my side..
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange to mccabe

to mccabe
I stopped using the SB-4100 modem in 2007. They still have it on my account because I had to give them the serial number to activate in 2001. My two modems since than have been activated through the "walled garden."
Bink
Villains... knock off all that evil
join:2006-05-14
Colorado

1 recommendation

Bink to NetDog

to NetDog
said by NetDog:

I sent you a PM, send me your info and I will see what I can do about this from my side..

Kudos to you—I don’t envy your position here, but do value it. The problem is, obviously, systemic and clearly a better solution is needed for all our sakes, including yours.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Bink:

Kudos to you—I don’t envy your position here, but do value it. The problem is, obviously, systemic and clearly a better solution is needed for all our sakes, including yours.

Maybe TWC's equipment inventory system works better, and Comcast will implement it after the assimilation?

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

1 recommendation

FureverFurry

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

said by Bink:

Maybe TWC's equipment inventory system works better, and Comcast will implement it after the assimilation?

I, too, appreciate NetFixer See Profile and his help, here.

But now considering how many years these "audits" have been occurring; plus ALL of the complaints across the internet; plus all of the folks reaching out to executive support, etc ..... this makes for a nice, unearned revenue stream. Eight bucks a month x how many users x how many months ... ka-ching ! For a technology company, you'd "think" Comcast would be motivated to change but that might mean turning off the Golden Goose of unwarranted lease fees.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by FureverFurry:

said by NetFixer:

I, too, appreciate NetFixer See Profile and his help, here.

But now considering how many years these "audits" have been occurring; plus ALL of the complaints across the internet; plus all of the folks reaching out to executive support, etc ..... this makes for a nice, unearned revenue stream. Eight bucks a month x how many users x how many months ... ka-ching ! For a technology company, you'd "think" Comcast would be motivated to change but that might mean turning off the Golden Goose of unwarranted lease fees.

OK, I forgot the smiley, but surely you didn't think that was a serious post?
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange to Bink

to Bink
said by Bink:

Yes, kudos to NetDog. I just sent him the info he requested. Hopefully he can help. However, this shouldn't keep happening. Something is terribly wrong here!

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange

Re: [Bill] Well, happened again-modem rental notice

Thanks for the info I have forwarded it to poeple...
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

Thanks, NetDog. I hope it helps, but this afternoon there was a message on my answering machine from Comcast. They apparently think there is a problem with the xfinity connect email toolbar, which I do not have installed and frankly would never install. At this point, I just have to laugh and shake my head. I surrender! Comcast wins!
Bink
Colorado

Bink

said by RockOrange:

They apparently think there is a problem with the xfinity connect email toolbar, which I do not have installed and frankly would never install.

Eeeek! A potential problem with an awesome email-inspired toolbar! Oh noes!
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

said by Bink:

said by RockOrange:

They apparently think there is a problem with the xfinity connect email toolbar, which I do not have installed and frankly would never install.

Eeeek! A potential problem with an awesome email-inspired toolbar! Oh noes!

Yes. Somebody needs to write a Saturday Night Live skit about this saga....Oops guess not; Comcast owns NBC too!

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to NetFixer

Premium Member

to NetFixer

Re: [Bill] Re: Well, happened again-modem rental notice

said by NetFixer:

OK, I forgot the smiley, but surely you didn't think that was a serious post?

Heehee, nope; didn't take it as a serious post but I *did* take it as an opportunity to launch forth on my favorite Comcast irritation. Well, it's my SECOND favorite irritation.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange

Good one! lol

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange
When I first heard it a long time ago, NBC used to have the moniker "Nothing But Confusion". Years later Comcast comes along and says 'Hey, we need that.' Guess they wanted to corner the market.........
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

BAZINGA! The sad thing is, I have been a customer of Comcast and its predecessors since 1982. I have always paid my bill on time. I have upgraded to receive sports channels when I needed them to watch my team. I have been a long-time user of Comcast internet. Unfortunately, they have NO desire to retain me as a customer. I do not understand why.
Bink
Colorado

Bink

said by RockOrange:

Unfortunately, they have NO desire to retain me as a customer. I do not understand why.

Veritable monopoly.

RR Conductor
Ridin' the rails
Premium Member
join:2002-04-02
Redwood Valley, CA
ARRIS SB6183
Netgear R7000

RR Conductor to mccabe

Premium Member

to mccabe

Re: [Bill] Re: Well, happened again-modem rental notice

said by mccabe:

Time to buy a new modem. You should donate your SB-4100 to the Smithsonian.

I think my first modem might be there, a Scientific Atlanta Webstar DPX-110 We rented it from Adelphia when they first rolled out HSI here in Mendocino County in early 2002.
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

This just keeps getting better and better. I just logged into my account and there is a yellow clock at the top at the top of my xfinity tv service with the words "awaiting activation" next to it. When I click on manage equipment and go to the services and equipment page, it says that I don't have any services or equipment. Yet I am sitting here watching xfinity TV and posting on xfinity internet. Unbelievable.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Do I see a trend developing or should it be continuing? Looks like you should have quit while you were ahead and that NetDog See Profile had better talk to his 'people' again..........
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

said by THZNDUP:

Looks like you should have quit while you were ahead and that NetDog

I don't think this is NetDog's fault. I know helping me is not his primary job and I appreciate his help. I think there is a deeper problem, and it starts with Comcast's know-nothing phone support people.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Of course NetDog See Profile didn't do this, he was merely trying to help and just gave the problem to someone that he believed could correct it. Did that person cause your recent problems or are you still sufferring fallout from the phone support people? I thought the phone people had minimal access to make certain changes.

I'd bet that despite what your account says about your services and equipment or lack of, that won't trickle down to the billing system and stop billing you..........
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

Frankly, I have no idea what the phone support people did. I have called 3 times over the past three weeks, and have been transferred so many times that I can't keep track of it. I lost access to xfinitywifi on 8/31 and figured that the modem rental notice was about to come again. The next week I couldn't log into one of my email accounts because it said high speed internet was required to access it, and now my account says I don't even have any services. I figure if the power goes out I will lose access to everything. I have called about every issue as soon as it happened. I am done with phone support.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Complex Compartmentalized Systems

It's a left hand/right hand type of thing. The entire system is so spread out there are few that can see the totality of it. Each 'group' has blinders on as to what the other groups do.

As a somewhat lengthy example:
I once had a problem getting my mail at an apt. Seems it was used as the postal service training for dummies site.

Anyway, I went to each company I did business with and had them change the mailing address to my office. One credit card company rep had initial difficulties doing that due to the new city name being too long to fix in her change fields. She did manage to change my mailing address though. This worked fine for a year or two until I was transferred back to our home office in another state.

I go through all the new address changes, but somehow the CC company didn't take. They were still being sent to and then being fwd by my old office. Strangely, all the paperwork inside was correct. Many phone calls trying to fix the mail-to problem in vain. So I stopped paying leaving about a $80 balance.

Every month afterwards I would get a call from a collections rep who was told I would pay when my mailing address was corrected. On and on until our VP of Operations came to me asking why I had a delinquent amount on our/my Corporate card. After the explanation, she asked if I had any of the bills she could see. I opened my desk drawer that had about ten of them, all unopened and said take as many as you want.

She came back about half an hour later somewhere between being extremely frustrated and very angry. She said the person at the CC company all but called her a liar and said what was happening was impossible. I still have two or three of the bills, still unopened, contradicting that.

Somewhere in the CC company's computer systems is a flag that sent my bill envelope out of the normal processing route, got a new label stuck over the address window that somehow nobody but the original rep knows anything about.

Same problem with your Comcast account, nobody knows where the 'magic bullet' is, but they keep trying other 'fixes' just making things worse for you.

It may be easier in the long run just to cancel your account and open up another one in your dog's name......

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

2 edits

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by THZNDUP:

It may be easier in the long run just to cancel your account and open up another one in your dog's name....

Of course, the dog would either have to have its own USPS and Comcast recognized installation address, or would be required to provide proof that the OP no longer lived at the original address (and the dog was actually paying the bills at that address). Comcast's accounts are address oriented, not customer oriented.

As an example: I have separate Xfinity residential TV and Comcast Business Class Internet accounts -- different names on the accounts, different account numbers, and different bills -- but the installation address is the same. Anytime I make a change on one account, something almost always appears on the other account too (simply because the physical address is the same). Most recently, I changed the Xfinity TV account to a lower priced plan (I hardly ever watch TV, and I certainly didn't need to pay for 200+ channels that I didn't watch). As soon as the change propagated to the My Account pages on »customer.comcast.com/ my BCI account suddenly showed a phantom TV service too (I don't have and never had Business Class TV service) -- I haven't been billed for the phantom TV service (yet), but it shows up on the Business Class account nonetheless.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

1 recommendation

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Way back when, it used to be simple for the account number, one set of digits incremented for each subsequent subscriber. Even the rest of the account number was somewhat easy to figure out especially if a tract was heated up and entered into the system in bulk, a different set of digits was incremented. Anyway, my dog votes every election so no worries getting him set up. Even has an impeccable credit score. The drivers license was a bit of a problem.........

Just for fun, try and add the Sports Pkg to your 'phantom' BCI TV account. Of course the rest of us would start a pool to predict the eventual outcome........

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange

What I find interesting is no other Comcast employee's are chiming in on this thread...and you know they are out there.

I wish you luck on getting this situation fixed. Sounds like a big mess.