uniqs

GotNoRice
Internet Cynic
join:2001-12-04
Lakeport, CA

GotNoRice to RockOrange

to RockOrange

Re: [Bill] Well, happened again-modem rental notice

I would try to push them to send a tech out, via the threat of cancellation if that is what it takes.

It will be a lot harder for the tech to ignore the issues when they are right there in front of him/her, and he/she can't simply transfer you to another department, etc.
RockOrange
join:2002-01-24
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange to Robotics

to Robotics
said by Robotics:

What I find interesting is no other Comcast employee's are chiming in on this thread...and you know they are out there.

I wish you luck on getting this situation fixed. Sounds like a big mess.

Well, they probably don't care about Chattanooga because it will be spun off as soon as the monopoly merger is approved. Thanks...at this point I don't think I will ever get it fixed.
RockOrange

RockOrange to GotNoRice

to GotNoRice
said by GotNoRice:

I would try to push them to send a tech out, via the threat of cancellation if that is what it takes.

It will be a lot harder for the tech to ignore the issues when they are right there in front of him/her, and he/she can't simply transfer you to another department, etc.

They are going to charge me for a truck roll, for something I had nothing to do about. I was charged for an account change the last time they "removed" the modem charge from my account, but they immediately credited it back.

At this point I don't know what to do. I guess I should cancel, but I want to retain the email addresses that I can log into.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

said by RockOrange:

At this point I don't know what to do.

When all else fails with Comcast ..... file multiple public complaints: BBB, franchise authority, state AG and (if regarding a missed appointment, the FCC).

FWIW, I've had an on-site tech deny any signal issues despite copious screenshots because there was no problem at the specific moment he was there. Even better, he smirked and said "good luck trying to get it fixed". Meh.
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

Well, Comcast just called to see if all of my questions were answered. I told them no and they pulled up my account. They said that they could see my equipment and services. I patiently explained that I couldn't and also couldn't log onto xfinitywifi. After going through 2 transfers and waiting on hold for 35 minutes, I was hung up on again.
RockOrange

RockOrange

More problems. Now my account shows a past due amount, due on 9/10. This is after my bank account was debited for the full amount of the bill on 9/10. I called in, and after being hung up on twice, spoke to a rep. She said the amount is for the new bill, and it is because the new bill hasn't officially posted yet. Yeah, right. That is why it shows past due on both the internet and when I check it over the phone. This is never going to get resolved. I just need to give up. I can't sleep at night for thinking about this mess.
RockOrange

RockOrange to Robotics

to Robotics
said by Robotics:

What I find interesting is no other Comcast employee's are chiming in on this thread...and you know they are out there.

Yep, me too. It is as if they are trying to frustrate me as much as possible. Again, I do not understand why.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

said by RockOrange:

It is as if they are trying to frustrate me as much as possible. Again, I do not understand why.

for money, of course.

RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

said by train_wreck:

for money, of course.

Yes, and there is no way I will get help now. I am sure my phone number is flagged; otherwise why so many hang ups? I even had a rep ask me if I was on a speakerphone last week. No, I was on a good old land-line. Well, I have loaded up all my boxes and receipts. I guess I have to visit the local office again tomorrow. I don't understand why I should miss work to do this, though. I haven't made any mistakes.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by RockOrange:

I don't understand why I should miss work to do this, though. I haven't made any mistakes.

Other than perhaps the mistake of staying with Comcast instead of migrating to Chattanooga EPB fiber service?

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

Robotics to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange
I don't know if you tried or not.
But I strongly suggest you call this number. (215) 665-1700

Have all your ducks in a row before you call, and explain it all.

I can almost bet you, it will get resolved before the end of the day...call early after 9AM EST.

Please let me know or post your results

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange
said by RockOrange:

said by Robotics:

Yep, me too. It is as if they are trying to frustrate me as much as possible. Again, I do not understand why.

I'd also venture a guess that those that do view the threads here are more on the technical side rather than account/billing end.

NetDog See Profile tried to help by forwarding the problem to others that I assume are in the account/billing area. That didn't seem to work out too well, did it? More 'quirks' started showing up shortly after.

If you worked in the account/billing area, would you throw yourself into fixing what looks like a systemic problem way beyond your means to fix? Glutton for punishment?

I wonder how many paws are currently manipulating your account trying to 'fix' it.............

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by THZNDUP:

If you worked in the account/billing area, would you throw yourself into fixing what looks like a systemic problem way beyond your means to fix? Glutton for punishment?

Not only that, but "fixing" something that will lower your employer's profits is not a good move for job security either.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

Agreed. Just by extrapolating how many times this shows up here versus the Comcast universe of HSI subs that actually rent a modem, probably makes enough a month to pay that guy in the basement to randomly 'audit' various accounts plus overhead and profit.

By the way, how's your BCI Sports Pkg coming along?
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

1 edit

RockOrange

Well, they finally agreed that I do not owe modem rental. However, I still cannot log into xfinitywifi. The account now also also shows paid in full. I cannot see any equipment when I log into my account. At least I can see xfinity internet in addition to TV when I log onto my account. Both say "awaiting activation." I went to the local office today, and tried to log onto xfinitywifi there. I showed the rep what I was seeing both on my account and what xfinitywifi displayed. He tried to help. I let him work on it for about 15 minutes but thanked him for his time and left when I saw the line backing up behind me. At least he didn't hang up on me.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to THZNDUP

Premium Member

to THZNDUP
said by THZNDUP:

By the way, how's your BCI Sports Pkg coming along?

RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

Well, more problems. I received an email from Comcast that says "your account with recent changes." In the body of the email it says your order is complete and lists changes to my account. Among the changes: a high definition TV fee, and I don't even have a high-def box! In addition, you will never guess what returned... yep, the modem rental fee. I did call the executive resolution office. The rep said it is as if someone is messing this account up on purpose. That is what I have said all along.

THZNDUP
Premium Member
Lard

1 recommendation

THZNDUP

Premium Member

said by RockOrange:

The rep said it is as if someone is messing this account up on purpose. That is what I have said all along.

It was difficult, but I managed to find and infiltrate the call center that handles your area just as another 'fix' was applied to your account. Seems it used to be a secret government research center that had something to do with Shakespere.

Next time you call, offer a bribe,....in bananas.

call center
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

Ha ha. Time to run out for some bananas.
RockOrange

RockOrange

Well, more problems. I was assigned a rep from the executive support center, but when I call back all I get is a voice mail system. It says that the center is open from 8-5 Central time, and of course I was calling at 3:30 Eastern time. I am a teacher and I do not have access to a phone for most of the day. I left work early to try to get this resolved. At the very least you would think that I could talk to a live person.

Also, the Sports Entertainment Package has been removed from my cable box. I paid in advance to get that. Wow. It is just one thing after another.

Oh yes, I can now see my equipment on the My Account page. It says my modem is an SB-4100. Argggg! I haven't used that since 2008.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by RockOrange:

Well, more problems...

If you actually live in Chattanooga, TN as it says in your location tag, I should think that migrating to the Chattanooga EPB fiber service would be looking better every passing day.
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

said by NetFixer:

If you actually live in Chattanooga, TN as it says in your location tag, I should think that migrating to the Chattanooga EPB fiber service would be looking better every passing day.

I do live in Chattanooga, but feel that I must get this resolved before I can change. They are going to require me to return a modem that I own!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by RockOrange:

said by NetFixer:

I do live in Chattanooga, but feel that I must get this resolved before I can change. They are going to require me to return a modem that I own!

Been there, done that when I just moved from one location to another in the same franchise area (a move means that you close one account and open another, so it was no different than just terminating service). You are probably going to have to do what I did -- get the local FCC Franchise Authority involved (assuming that Hamilton County or Chattanooga, TN still actually has such an agency). The address for your local FCC Franchise Authority should be on the last page of any Comcast bill.
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

Click for full size
Here is what I see on the "My Account" page. It shows an obsolete modem that I own and have taken/sent receipts for multiple times. Wonder what subrental means? By the way, the modem I am using is DOCSIS 3.0. Plus, now my TV is messed up too!

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by RockOrange:

Here is what I see on the "My Account" page. It shows an obsolete modem that I own and have taken/sent receipts for multiple times. Wonder what subrental means? By the way, the modem I am using is DOCSIS 3.0. Plus, now my TV is messed up too!

Are you actually currently seeing an equipment rental charge on your Xfinity HSI bill, or are you just seeing the "SUBRENTAL" status on the My Account page?

For the past two months, I have seen both of my personally owned SB6121 modems displayed on the My Account site with a "LEASEDMODEM" status (as shown below). But (so far) Comcast has not actually had the balls to charge me a monthly rental fee for them.

I think that your TV account is getting messed up because Comcast has too many hands stirring up your account(s), and not one of them has the slightest idea what they are doing (much less knowing what some other Comcast employee's hands are doing at the same time).
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

Click for full size
No, on my bill it shows that I have a customer-owned modem; however, I received the notice again 2 weeks ago that the audit showed that I owed them money.

Here is the email I received last Thursday. I do not have a High Def box, yet I am charged a HD technology fee. Moreover, The modem rental is back on after I was informed 4 hours before that the result of my complaint was that the CUSTOMER OWNS EQUIPMENT. (Their caps, not mine.) Plus, I can no longer access the sports entertainment package for which I have already paid!
RockOrange

RockOrange to NetFixer

to NetFixer
said by NetFixer:

I think that your TV account is getting messed up because Comcast has too many hands stirring up your account(s), and not one of them has the slightest idea what they are doing (much less knowing what some other Comcast employee's hands are doing at the same time).

That must be it, Phone support is useless, and when the problem is escalated, no one knows what was done before. Plus, when your phone number is flagged there is no way to get through.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to RockOrange

Premium Member

to RockOrange
said by RockOrange:

No, on my bill it shows that I have a customer-owned modem; however, I received the notice again 2 weeks ago that the audit showed that I owed them money.

Here is the email I received last Thursday. I do not have a High Def box, yet I am charged a HD technology fee. Moreover, The modem rental is back on after I was informed 4 hours before that the result of my complaint was that the CUSTOMER OWNS EQUIPMENT. (Their caps, not mine.) Plus, I can no longer access the sports entertainment package for which I have already paid!

The actual bill should be the definitive document. I have never had an email from Comcast regarding an internal audit showing that I owed additional money over what was on the current official bill (such things should simply show up on the next bill). I have received email and snail mail notifications that some special promotional package had expired, and I would need to arrange for another package, but never an emailed supplemental bill based on some alleged audit.

Personally, if I had been given the runaround they are giving you, I would pay the amount on the current official bill and dump Comcast immediately. If after that was done, they tried to bill me for some fictitious equipment/packages/fees that were not on the official last bill, then I would turn the matter over to the local FCC Franchise Authority and/or the BBB (and possibly to the local DA for fraud prosecution).
RockOrange
Chattanooga, TN

RockOrange

said by NetFixer:

The actual bill should be the definitive document. I have never had an email from Comcast regarding an internal audit showing that I owed additional money over what was on the current official bill (such things should simply show up on the next bill). I have received email and snail mail notifications that some special promotional package had expired, and I would need to arrange for another package, but never an emailed supplemental bill based on some alleged audit.

The trouble with this is I have already paid for services that I am not receiving, such as the Sports and Entertainment package. This was cut off at the time I received the notice that I posted. I have spent at least 25 hours over the past month trying to get this fixed. Yes, I should cancel. I don't relish having to be home for 4 hours while a new carrier does installation. I do not have vacation time for that. As I have said before, I do not understand why I am being treated this poorly.
RockOrange

1 edit

RockOrange

I would pay the amount on the current official bill

My bill is paid in full and has been for more than 2 weeks.