spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Xinef
join:2007-07-17
North York, ON

Xinef

Thinking of switching to Start

I have been with Teksavvy for some time now, and for the majority of time, have been happy. But lately, with Cable, nightly I have been having speed issues with packet loss and extreme lag in games. I am thinking of switching to DSL with Teksavvy, but just found out about Start, which looks good.

Just a few questions, with Start Cable, I am guess it goes through Rogers as well? If so, I am afraid that the same nightly lag issues I have been getting will still occur.

With DSL, the site says it doesn't matter if I have a phone line or not, just wanted to know because I don't have a phone line, is there a dry loop cost added on top of the plans?

Thank you
Anzio
join:2008-11-22

Anzio

Start cable does go through Rogers. Whether or not you'll have the same nightly lag issues depends on where the issues are coming from. It's not necessarily your node, but it might be.

There is no dry-loop available on the 6Mbps DSL plan, but if I'm not mistaken; all the other plans are installed on a separate circuit (so dry-loop is included).
nbinont
join:2011-03-13

nbinont to Xinef

to Xinef
I switched from TSI Cable to Start cable (Red territory) almost two years ago. Since you already have cable service (internet), there's no install fee for the switch to Start rCable, given enough notice. Just expect a couple day outage if you want to switch your own cable modem over. I have been pleased with the reliability and consistency of my connection.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to Xinef

Premium Member

to Xinef
yeah like the one poster said if it's your line or something before you hit the tek equipment you'll face the same issues. All I can say is I've never had an issue with start and I've been happy with my serve for like near 2 years now I think.

I am leaving them at the end of this month but that is cause I'm moving and they don't cover where I'm going

Any time I called someone picked up the phone after a few rings think I was on hold once for like 2 mins.
Xinef
join:2007-07-17
North York, ON

Xinef

Thanks all, gonna place my order. Do you guys know if I can add unlimited afterwards? For now i think 300GB will be ok as that is what I am on, but have been close to the limit.