spc
Search similar:

uniqs
trentb9
join:2014-09-15
Shepherdstown, WV

trentb9

[Equip] SBG6580 "Access Denied"

I have the SBG6580 reset and can not connect issue. I have read all the posts and fought the good fight with comcast. I am ready for help from our Angels at comcast.

I have the 6.5 software. My modem is online, I will reply to your IM with my MAC.

Thanks so much. Next round on me.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

We have code looking for this issue but feel free to send me your CM(HFC)-MAC and i will take a look..
trentb9
join:2014-09-15
Shepherdstown, WV

trentb9

"unsolicited contact via email is restricted for new members"

If you pm me I will reply.

Also, my modem has been up all day, this is day 1 of my new comcast service. Haven had comcast in a couple years.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to NetDog

MVM

to NetDog

Re: [Equip] SBG6580 "Access Denied"

said by NetDog:

We have [automated] code looking for this issue [to fix it] but feel free to send me your CM(HFC)-MAC and i will take a look..

From what I understand with this "Access Denied" issue, it occurred with firmware version 6.5.0.0: »[Equip] SBG6580 "Access Denied"

The issue was then fixed with a new "8.6" version, but then users experienced Wi-Fi problems, so a modified "6.5.2" version was released last April to just add the fix the "Access Denied" issue: »[Connectivity] SBG6580 code 6.5.2 was pushed national...

So is a new "8.X" version of the firmware that fixes both problems going to be released soon?

mccabe
join:2012-08-10
Boca Raton, FL

2 recommendations

mccabe

ComcastTuska
Official Employee
The following is from the Comcast forum:

Re: Firmware Updates
Options
%u200E09-05-2014 03:48 PM

hollowlog wrote:
Do you have any idea when the new firmware that will fix the IPv6 issue for the Motorola SBG6580?
This is getting worked on still, we are hoping to have stable code out to the field by next month.. The latest code does look promising if you want to be a beta tester when we are ready for that feel free to ping me..

Please put in the subject "SBG6580 Beta Testing" and send it to: »forums.comcast.com/t5/no ··· /4903361
Senior Network Engineer, Comcast
v6 Project

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by mccabe:

:

quote:
This is getting worked on still, we are hoping to have stable code out to the field by next month.. The latest code does look promising if you want to be a beta tester when we are ready for that feel free to ping me..

Please put in the subject "SBG6580 Beta Testing" and send it to: »forums.comcast.com/t5/no ··· /4903361

Senior Network Engineer, Comcast
v6 Project

OK, thanks for (re)posting that update from the Comcast forum.

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by mccabe:

ComcastTuska
Official Employee
The following is from the Comcast forum:

yes thanks.. It is funny when people repost my posts .. I really do hate giving people timelines, if we something happens I get alot of PM's...

mccabe
join:2012-08-10
Boca Raton, FL

mccabe

Sorry, I didn't know Tuska & Netdog are the same person.

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

NetDog

Premium Member

said by mccabe:

Sorry, I didn't know Tuska & Netdog are the same person.

No issues but it is funny