spc
Search similar:

uniqs
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

Outage

Hey guys, Cogeco phone and Internet seems to be down in the Watertown area. It went down at around midnight, and has been down for around half an hour already.

Television is working fine.
MysticGuitar

MysticGuitar

It's worth noting that earlier, I experienced speeds slower than 1 Mbps. Are these two things related somehow?

And is there any way to get credit for this downtime?
ghostbusters
join:2014-05-27
Canada

1 edit

ghostbusters to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
Yes. Can confirm cable internet is down in the Waterdown area past Kerns Rd. It has been down since approximately Midnight.
ghostbusters

ghostbusters

According to their site, there is an outage posted from 21:07 EST, "We are currently experiencing a Cable TV, Internet, and Digital phone outage in the city of Burlington. Alma Dale Ave, Augustine Dr, St. Marys Cres and all surrounding streets are affected. Technicians are working to restore services as soon as possible."

Oddly, no outage in Waterdown listed, just Burlington.

»www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/ ··· rlington
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

The my account website is currently offline with the following message.

System maintenance

The system is currently under maintenance.
Please try again shortly.

It would be nice to receive compensation for this, as it is clearly Cogeco's fault. It's been over an hour and is still down. I honestly don't care if there is maintenance, not unless it's going to fix their severely congested network. Otherwise, this maintenance is useless.

Cogeco_Peter
join:2012-10-03
Burlington, ON

Cogeco_Peter to MysticGuitar

to MysticGuitar
I can confirm that Waterdown was affected by a maintenance outage in the early hours of the morning today. Maintenance is usually preformed at this time to limit the impact to our customers. Sorry for the troubles.

MysticGuitar: I have your account information and will ensure you are credited for the outage.
Ghostbusters: can you send me a PM with your account information?

Thanks,
Peter
ghostbusters
join:2014-05-27
Canada

ghostbusters

Thanks Peter, but I am with Start. Experienced the same issue though because we use your network. For your kind gesture, I have removed my comment from my previous post. I will be sure not to make such judgements in the future without your team's feedback.

Cheers!
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

Two outages tonight. Minor, but still annoying. Lasted about 5 minutes each.
MysticGuitar

MysticGuitar

Several outages today, including one right now.
MysticGuitar

MysticGuitar

More outages tonight.

Is this going to be a recurring thing until the congestion is fixed?

I mean, they're just micro outages, but they're fairly frequent, and happen late at night. Unfortunately, they happen when the Internet is actually providing me with the full advertised speeds, as during the day... Well, I try to avoid using anything that requires actual stable net during daytime hours.

So, that leaves me with slow a d inconsistent Internet during the day, and fast yet unstable Internet late at night. Seriously, I just can't seem to win. I just keep finding more and more problems with Cogeco.

Can a representative please provide some insight as to why these outages are occurring? Is it maintenance? What's going on?

Cogeco_Peter
join:2012-10-03
Burlington, ON

Cogeco_Peter

I don't see any maintenance reports from the time you were without service. It is not related to the congestion issue or the implementation of its fix.

If you experience the issue again, I suggest calling the tech support hotline at 1-866-774-8888. It would be helpful to see what's happening as it's happening.

Sorry I couldn't have been more help on here.
Peter.