Search similar:

uniqs

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Fios Router dead...kinda...

Got home and no net. Nada, not on phone, not on lan.
Went to IDF (closet with ONT input, battery, UPS and router, plus gigswitch) and no lights on the Fios Router (original MI1424WR.. no Rev).
The AC wall wort was cooked. Too hot to hold.

Thankfully (kudos Fios home tech) I had a spare AC adaptor (9/06 on the box)... and all was well.

But being that it was my last AC adaptor, I went and got the newer deal (Verizon FREE Fios Router with WPA2) and paid shipping (tax on shipping?? wtf!).
Red, Rev I arrived with Gigabit and USb3.0 ports.

Sadly, I didn't export or check my previous settings (firewall rules, static IPs, port forwarding for devices like Xbox...)

So, any good ideas for mounting? Might just do stickies and cableties...

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

If you pull the rubber feet off the bottom, there are 4 mounting holes available. The router shipping box should have a wall mount template.

birdfeedr
MVM
join:2001-08-11
Warwick, RI

birdfeedr to cableties

MVM

to cableties
said by cableties:

Sadly, I didn't export or check my previous settings (firewall rules, static IPs, port forwarding for devices like Xbox...)

Export only works for the router that created it. It will not import to another, even if exact same model.
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties

>>cableties: I went and got the newer deal (Verizon FREE Fios Router with WPA2) and paid shipping (tax on shipping?? wtf!). Red, Rev I arrived with Gigabit and USb3.0 ports.

They sent you the Rev. I? When I ordered the free/$6 router in July, I got the silver-banded router. I wonder if I should try it again...

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Click for full size
You could try.

Here is the ac adaptor that failed. It was HOT. You can barely see the shell melting started...