All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cdunnman
join:2014-01-09

cdunnman

going to tmobile need help and have questions

ok I am going with tmobile, after not even a year with sprint and there terrible service. My question is I can bring an sprint Iphone 5s to tmobile, but what speeds will i get will i get the full 4g? also in the sprint chat they told me it will work with any us carrier

With sprint now i am getting 0.15 downloads not even an meg all the time

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

Sprint still refuses to unlock the sim slot for domestic use last time I checked. They will do an unlock... however... it mysteriously blocks US carrier sims (neat trick).

Sprint still insists it's not possible to unlock for domestic (US) sims (even though the lock is controlled by apple all they have to do is ask... same mis-information happened with att in the past as well).

You could unlock it with a service, however, I do not really trust apple unlocking services, as the lock is controlled by apple... I am not sure how they are getting their data pushed into the apple database... sometimes they are not, the unlock is happening locally and when you do a software upgrade/update the unlock vanishes... the whole market seems fishy to me.

Sprint realizes they will have to stop this practice before being forced to stop, and they have set a date of February 11, 2015 as being the magic date that unlock will be possible... catch is it only applies to phones built after that date... and like all us carriers will only apply to phones out of contract or with all subsidies paid off (etf).

All of the above is why the most sought after iphone 5S in the US are the verizon ones, as they will work on verizon, att, and tmobile with no unlocks.

The verizon iphone 5S would technically would work on sprint as well, but sprint operates a locked network so that is also not allowed by self-harming policy.

If it was me I would sell the sprint iphone 5S and grab one that is known to be unlocked or tmobile branded.

If you leave sprint gracefully (leave without owning money) the ESN/MEID (Serial Number) of the phone will be clean and clear, and you can sell it for a decent amount of money... of course its value will drop once the iphone 6 models are out and proven to work.
cdunnman

cdunnman

thanks yea, I even have the chat log of a sprint rep saying they will unlocked and can use it on any us carrier and thanks for the reply
Maggs
Premium Member
join:2002-11-29
Jackson Heights, NY

Maggs to cdunnman

Premium Member

to cdunnman
I unlocked an AT&T iPhone to work on T-Mobile. It should be pretty easy if you go to the Apple store.

atuarre
Here come the drums
Premium Member
join:2004-02-14
EC/SETX SWLA

atuarre to cdunnman

Premium Member

to cdunnman
Also bear in mind as I found out, if you aren't satisfied with the service (there is no 3G here. You either are on 4G or EDGE) and you return devices, they take a ridiculously long amount of time to issue a refund to your credit card or bank card.

AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon all post within 3 days. T-Mobile takes a week, and one rep told me it can take up to 35 days for the refund to post to your account. Bear that in mind if you go there, the coverage sucks, and you want to return those devices.
atuarre

atuarre to cdunnman

Premium Member

to cdunnman
Well another new sites is now saying the 17th. That is a first. So the UK gets to go first this time? It'll be available in the UK on the 10th.
cdunnman

cdunnman

thanks for the help, yea been getting terrible speeds i just get 3g and most of the time it is 0.15 download and going to tmobile the soonest time i get
cdunnman

cdunnman

Re: going to tmobile is this grounds for breaking contract with no etf

i have no towers or 4g and this what this says

New Agreements on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network: Your Service on a device activated on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network may require a new one or two-year Agreement per line. Sprint expressly reserves the right to migrate your Service during this Agreement term from the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Network to the Sprint 4G LTE network to complete your Agreement term. Reasonable advance notice of the Service change will be provided to impacted customers, who can then select one of the following options: (a) Choose to complete the Agreement term using your existing device without 4G (WiMAX) capability (b) Elect to complete the Agreement term by contacting us after receiving notice from Sprint to transition to the Sprint 4G LTE network with no additional term commitment required (Transition Option)(c) Deactivate service. Deactivations because of this Service change will not result in an Early Termination Fee (ETF). Transition Option: If you select the Transition Option, you will receive a free standard Sprint LTE capable device and can maintain your existing Service plan, if available. During the Agreement term, Sprint may provide other offers that are separate from the Transition Option, and these offers will be subject to a new two-year Agreement per line.