Search similar:

uniqs
hchen42
join:1999-12-23
New York, NY

1 edit

hchen42

[Praise] Ikea! Superb customer service

The event below happened at the Long Island, NY Ikea store.

Wife and I typically don't shop at LI Ikea. We usually go to the ones at Elizabeth , NJ or Brooklyn. Recently, we had a little family gathering out by Queens/Nassau county border. Not wanting to make trip to Brooklyn to return items, we figure the LI store is ideal. Item one cost $29.99; item two cost $49.99 (total of $79.98) . Both bought from Brooklyn store.

The customer rep was nice and sweet, accepted both item without any hassle. We accepted the return in store credit (aka gift card). Upon leaving the counter, we noticed she rang up the wrong items. Instead of returning 29.99 and $49.99, she credited us 49.99 AND 49.99. Wife and I decided to be honest and return to the return desk. Customer rep was so happy we returned; she realized the mistake. Her manager was there as well. Instead of taking $49.99 off and return $29.99, her manager just gave us another $29.99 store credit (aka gift card). So we ended up receiving $129.97 + NYC tax (or Ikea gave us $50 +tax for our honesty).

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

nice!

OptIn
@74.89.71.x

OptIn to hchen42

Anon

to hchen42
Great story, and great to know there are still sales staff around who understand how to foster good customer relations.

Just hope corporate doesn't come down on them for 'losing' the company money.

Candew
join:2005-09-23
N. America

Candew to hchen42

to hchen42
In all the times I have shopped at Ikea, their customer service has been outstanding. I returned chairs to them one time and it was no questions asked, here is your credit, etc.

Plus, the food in their cafeteria is pretty good! Love the meatballs!
Secyurityet
Premium Member
join:2012-01-07
untied state

Secyurityet to hchen42

Premium Member

to hchen42
Customer recovery.