Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

[iPhone] A Week with the 6 Plus

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
The Verge published a bunch of photos of the 6 Plus in action. Copied a few from the article in case you're websensed, along with an excerpt from the article.

»www.theverge.com/2014/9/ ··· n-photos

...But what you get in exchange for looking a little bit insane with it held to your ear is a device with the potential to become a totally new kind of Apple computer, a hybrid that might for some people replace a tablet and a laptop.

We've spent a week with the iPhone 6 Plus. We've been watching football, taking pictures, going to weddings, making phone calls, sending strange auto-predicted text messages, and more, all to see how the Apple phablet performs. Read our full review for all the details, but here's the rub: when Apple irons out some of the software kinks, 5.5 inches might be the future of the iPhone, full stop.

But yeah, it's big. It's huge. Here, below, see just how big – and see how we did trying to fit a big iPhone into our lives.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

2 recommendations

donoreo

Premium Member

I have borrowed a Samsung Note II to carry around to see if I want the new giant iPhone. I am undecided. I like the screen but I could use another 5mm on my thumb

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

Click for full size
Doesn't work with skinny jeans
OK, one more.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
Click for full size
However it works with Normal jeans.

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
join:2000-12-14
Uranus

Homunculus

Premium Member

I have more room in that for my Plus case in my "normal" jeans...

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
said by donoreo:

I have borrowed a Samsung Note II to carry around to see if I want the new giant iPhone. I am undecided. I like the screen but I could use another 5mm on my thumb

Once you start using the Swype keyboard you will get use to it. Love it.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

I have swiftkey on the Note, I use it on my tablet too. I do not like the swipe thingy.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

It took me a while to get used to but love it now. Typing normally feels odd now.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to SuperNet

to SuperNet
said by SuperNet:

Not if wearer wants to sit down.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine

Just buy Plus ready jeans!

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Click for full size
said by gjrhine:

Just buy Plus ready jeans!

or a jogging suit

(feels that he's going to be flamed for this post...prepared for the worst)

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL

1 recommendation

pcdebb

Premium Member

My eyes......

haroldo
USA

1 edit

1 recommendation

haroldo

said by pcdebb:

My eyes......

"I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world."
"I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges."
"His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit."
"He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away."
"He transcends time and space."
"He sickens me."
"I love it."
"Me too."
- An elderly art loving couple, admiring the painting of Kramer, in "The Letter"

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

JohnInSJ to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

said by SuperNet:

Not if wearer wants to sit down.

I use a galaxy note 3 - have done so for nearly half a year. It's essentially the same size. I have no problems putting it in pants pockets (even while sitting.) Smaller phones feel like kid's toys to me now.

Embrace the toast.

gjrhine
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine to haroldo

to haroldo
»www.slate.com/blogs/futu ··· lus.html

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

That's cute. Can I get a pair in Slate Grey? Need 31W/34L.

gjrhine
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine

No. 31W is illegal in most states.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to JohnInSJ

Premium Member

to JohnInSJ
said by JohnInSJ:

I use a galaxy note 3 - have done so for nearly half a year. It's essentially the same size. I have no problems putting it in pants pockets (even while sitting.) Smaller phones feel like kid's toys to me now.

Embrace the toast.

Yeah, sitting with it in my pocket is no issue at all. Icons on the upper left corner are a little hard to hit one-handed but that's about it. When I first unboxed it this morning, I thought "geeze that is kinda big", but I got over that fast. The old phone already seems ridiculously small.

The only real trouble I'm having is getting used to the new lock button. It's across from the volume buttons so I'm accidentally hitting the wrong buttons when I try to brace to press it (or locking the phone, when bracing it to press the volume buttons).

IMHO the lock button would have been fine / better at its original location along the top. I'm only locking the phone when I'm in the process of putting it away, so it's not important that it's reachable when I'm holding the phone normally.

First world problems. Overall very happy with it!

-- Rob

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to JohnInSJ

Premium Member

to JohnInSJ
said by JohnInSJ:

Embrace the toast.

I tried to. Went a few months with a Note II in preparation for the Note 4. Kept running into situations where having no hope for one handed operation made things difficult. After seeing Apple's devices drop and no waterproofing on the Note 4, I settled on a Galaxy S5.