uniqs
hufford6
join:2004-10-09
Hot Springs National Park, AR

hufford6

static ip problem

router:nvg510

issue:
at 1pm yesterday my static ip's stopped working, the private ips work ok.

my public ips can ping each other, but nothing outside of my subnet.

the public ip of the router will still relay dns requests just like before;

---
nslookup google.com
server *.*.*.142
address *.*.*.142#53

name: google.com
address: 173.194.115.8
---

I can change my computer ip to the private network and everything works fine.

I have full reset the router and re entered all the info into the public subnet under home network > subnets & hdcp.

I am just guessing that my public ip is no longer acting as a gateway, but that is just a guess.

Thanks.

karthwyne
join:2003-04-27
Atlanta, GA

karthwyne

Tier 1 should be able to verify that the IP block is still assigned to you, but you will probably need to speak with the Static IP helpdesk for anything past that. Finding an agent that knows there is such a helpdesk might prove difficult.

Good luck
hufford6
join:2004-10-09
Hot Springs National Park, AR

hufford6

well as it turns out that was very good advice, att said more or less that i am being billed for a different amount of ips than i have, so none of them work and i will have to be issued another block.

not good for me as i will have to re setup a ton of things but at least i know.

karthwyne
join:2003-04-27
Atlanta, GA

karthwyne

They should be able to see the provisioning of the block(s) you have had over the past few years. If AT&T screwed up and gave your original IPs to someone else already, there would be no way to get them back, but if they are still unassigned, it should be possible.
Were you being billed for less than you had? That is, billed for 8, but had 16?

If you spoke with the SIP helpdesk, there really isn't anyone that could do much more for you, but having to re-do your networks and DNS stuff is asking quite a bit if it was not the customer's fault.