uniqs
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

[Pale Moon] Browser remembers email logons

System was "configured" such that PM would remember gmail logons, but not yahoo mail logons - and that's exactly how it is needed. Recently now, the Yahoo email logons are being remembered too. Wondering if something changed with the yahoo email site or what? No changes or upgrades to PM were done that I'm aware of, however add-ons were updated.

How do I get back to where PM remembers gmail logons but not yahoo mail?

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

See if clearing your Yahoo cookies makes a difference?

Is the login data stored in Password Manager?
If not, then you can rule out PM (Pale Moon, err, no, Password Manager).

So possible it is the "form fill" feature too (though don't think that should remember any password). If it's that, you can clear the (username) from the dropdown box by keying down to it, then hitting the DEL key.
bbear2
Premium Member
join:2003-10-06
dot.earth

bbear2

Premium Member

said by therube:

See if clearing your Yahoo cookies makes a difference?

No difference.
said by therube:

Is the login data stored in Password Manager?
If not, then you can rule out PM (Pale Moon, err, no, Password Manager).

Not stored in password manager.
said by therube:

So possible it is the "form fill" feature too (though don't think that should remember any password). If it's that, you can clear the (username) from the dropdown box by keying down to it, then hitting the DEL key.

Sorry I didn't mean to imply that it stored passwords too, only logon names. And yes, highlighting from drop down and hitting del worked! Thank you.

Now the question is how to get it back to not even saving the logon name in the first place but still do so for gmail. Where do I configure the "form fill" feature?
bbear2

bbear2

Premium Member

OK I think I figured it out. under Privacy settings I unchecked "Remember search and form history". doing so stopped the yahoo mail from being remembered. At the same time, it appears that gmail uses a difference mechanism and that still works after un-checking the box.