tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

tshirt

Premium Member

Title II classification -- with forbearance applied to keep the FCC in check

"with forbearance applied to keep the FCC in check" is a pretty big assumption.
The commissioners are more political then technical as regulators and when was the last time a politician waved off a chance at MORE power?
Even if the current crop says "do no evil" do you think the next group will follow?

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

1 recommendation

Selenia

Premium Member

I actually agree for once with what tshirt See Profile says. But there is one problem. Doesn't this describe most CEOs for these big companies? They get the political clout and their companies make more money. Most of them are not delving into the technical details on how things are done, they just say do it if they feel it is warranted.

But when the technical community and customers at large feel it is warranted and when they feel it is warranted are 2 different things. If I headed up a big company, I would want to put more clout in what the engineers who deal in the actual technology and studied years to know everything about it say. I know for a fact that part of their education is doing these things efficiently and cost effectively.

The problem the CEO has is a political and fiscal one(much like the government often deals with, just replace investor with campaign contributer for the government). These shortsighted investors when they see actual investment tend to run and jump ship if they don't simultaneously see increasing profits in that same short term. The reality is, if they didn't, maybe the CEOs could listen less(not saying don't listen at all) to the bean counters and build a long term strong company with high customer satisfaction and dividends to pay out for years to come down the road.
Skippy25
join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO

1 recommendation

Skippy25

CEO's for the most part nothing nothing about their products. They simply know politics, vision and leadership. None of which translate into technical knowledge of innovating something.

Flyonthewall
@206.248.154.x

Flyonthewall to tshirt

Anon

to tshirt
Your current crop of politicians are nothing like those when the Republic was formed. Those gentlemen knew all about bribery and power run amok.