join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

1 edit

1 recommendation

ekster

Premium Member

Final Fantasy on Steam

»store.steampowered.com/a ··· 1_702_4_

Just noticed that it has been added to PC! I think they will be adding all of them, slowly, at this rate. Which I can't complain, as I'd enjoy to see the newer ones on PC, as well as replay the old ones with a resolution better than 256X224

I'm hoping that Capcom and Square Enix are finally starting to take the PC business seriously and hopefully others, like Konami, will follow.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Re: Final Fantasy 4

Thanks for letting us know I would love to have them all on Steam.

I have FF 3 and 4 on my Kindle tablet and I love them there, good to kill the time at the airport or places with wait times.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
SE has done good for PC but sucks for Android. They need much better coding on Android, but not to worry here. Most of the old games that sucked for PC were sold off to EIDOS(FF7, FF8 to name a couple) to do the PC version(EIDOS has improved since then) which resulted in them being buggy as hell. But lately, they have coded all their own PC games and I have not had an issue with 1 of them(except FFXIV before they patched it). That being said, I did actually enjoy 7 and 8 after patching them to hell to fix the bugs(they had official and fan patches(the fan patches were often modded originals that actually worked, unlike a few of the official)). But blame SE for selling to EIDOS and EIDOS for the crappy code. But feel at ease that SE has not sold games to them for the PC version in ages.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Re: Final Fantasy on Steam

Oh man, it's really happening!

»store.steampowered.com/a ··· /292120/

FF13 gets added to PC as well.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Shame FF XIII was a really bad game. Like, there are some redeeming qualities, but not many.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

The important part is that they are waking up and porting the series. I imagine they went with FF13 next as it was probably easy to port at this point... This means that soon enough we will also get games like FF6/FF9, as well as future Square games.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Well, you can play all those games on the PC as is with five minutes of work finding an emulator and the ROMs. FF VI is in my opinion the best game they've ever made in the main series and I know they did a "redone" version for mobile platforms and tablets but a slight graphical upgrade (which I dislike) on what was a 16 bit game (rather than a new engine all together which they did with III and IV) isn't much to get excited for.

I mean, it is cool they are bringing stuff over to the PC, that is awesome. But FF XIII is not a good game. Would have rather they ported over the FF X Remaster they released a few months ago. Maybe some day. Hopefully. There is hope.

Selenia
Gentoo Convert
Premium Member
join:2006-09-22
Fort Smith, AR

Selenia to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Shame FF XIII was a really bad game. Like, there are some redeeming qualities, but not many.

Main issue with it was it was short and had a lack of challenge. But then again, most FF games were about story and cinematics as most of them lacked challenge, outside of their online MMO counterparts, FFXI and FFXIV.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Eh, it depends. Older games could be difficult, especially if you didn't spend time grinding. Final Fantasy IV (II in the US) was pretty rough on the SNES if you didn't grind for a handful of levels several times throughout the game. Later on there were usually extra dungeons or bosses you could go fight optionally, like the Weapons in FF VII (one in VIII and IX). Story became the important part from (in my opinion) IV on. The main problem with FF XIII is that they just railroad you through the story. There is a reason it got nicknamed "Final Hallway XIII." FF XII is one of the better entries into the series, great story, innovation, good characters, and freedom. The only thing FF XIII had was the most annoying cast of characters to be in the series (fuck you Hope).

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
I want a HD PC version of Final Fantasy Tactics in English please. My favorite because it's not like any of the others.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions is arguably the best turn based tactical RPG to ever be made. That game is art.

Xioden
Premium Member
join:2008-06-10
Monticello, NY

Xioden

Premium Member

I haven't played the PSP version, but apparently was really just a step up over the PSX original.

That said, Final Fantasy Tactics 1.3 for PSX or FFT Tides of Fate for PSP, is definitely worth checking out for any fans of the games who find them too easy during replays.