ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru

Re: Medeco or Mul-T-Lock?

So it reported to the central station but did not set the system off? Thats weird.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

The alarm only went off when I went in view of the other sensor. . I know they are Bosch sensors but don't have the model on hand right now
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl to ilikeme

to ilikeme

Spend your effort to reinforce the door frame, so someone doesn't just kick the door in. An alarm will scare most amateur intruders off in a residential area. The pros will just cut the phone lines and external siren first. A good insurance policy is helpful if you're in the boonies because the thieves will be long gone before anyone responds.
towerdave
join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

towerdave to ilikeme

to ilikeme
said by ilikeme:

No sensors on the system are wireless as most of those are junk that need constant battery replacements.

Vista 21ip here with mostly wireless door and window contacts. Installed in 2009 and no battery replacements yet.

TD

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
Were you walking directly towards or away from it? Most sensors are kinda "blind" when you do that, they're much better at picking up movement crossing in front of it.

/M

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

said by mackey:

Were you walking directly towards or away from it? Most sensors are kinda "blind" when you do that, they're much better at picking up movement crossing in front of it.

/M

I was jumping up and down in front of it and covered my whole hand in front of it

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

Try walking normally across its path from at least 3-6ft away.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

I'm already walking in front of it from about 20 ft away.

I'm just going to call the alarm station one day and put the system in test and figure out why it wont trip.

I mean granted you can't get very far until you hit the next sensor on the top floor or downstairs as soon as you open the door and walk in front of another sensor. But still you can walk a good ways on the top floor before the alarm goes off.

IowaCowboy
Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

My motion detector is a battery operated one where once it detects motion it goes into power save mode where it won't wake up for another three minutes.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
Greenwich, CT

Subaru to ilikeme

Premium Member

to ilikeme
I forgot the model number of these Bosch detectors I had the pdf for the manual someplace...