spc
Search similar:

uniqs
BlueFireIce
join:2007-11-11
Tomball, TX

BlueFireIce

Very slow DSL

Visiting my parent and noticed something wrong with their DSL, they told me it was acting odd, but I live in another state and "odd" doesn't tell me much, when I got to their place, and connected to wifi with my laptop it right off said "limited connectivity", so I did some tests, noticed long ping times, 150-350ms, and max DL speeds of a whopping 35KB/s, this is on a 1.5 connection (best they offer out where they live). but 35KB is a joke, so if anyone can give some help with what might be wrong, it has been a while since I have messed with DSL lines. House has a home run that I installed, it is a dry line and connecting to the NID shows the same signal.

Let me know what else you might need.

BlueFireIce

BlueFireIce

BlueFireIce

BlueFireIce

Stats from another house on the same loop, speeds are just as bad.

CenturyLink
join:2009-03-09
Boise, ID

CenturyLink to BlueFireIce

to BlueFireIce
Hi BlueFireIce, this is Joey with CenturyLink. If you send us details on the issue via email at TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com we can check their line and hopefully find out more about what's going on. Thank you.

Joey H
@CenturyLinkHelp Team
TalkToUs@CenturyLink.com
TipsyPickle
join:2014-08-01

TipsyPickle to BlueFireIce

to BlueFireIce
If you haven't contacted Centurylink already I would definitely do so. This seems like an issue on their end, and you really should have a technician look at everything. In my experience the local techs are very honest about any issues in their service area and will tell you straight about any problems, and if they can or cannot be fixed. All the information you have provided is sufficient to get someone to look at everything for your parents. Also if the problem is indeed on the providers side and not your parents side, there shouldn't be any service charge for a tech visit.