spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Watrat
join:2003-02-20
Watertown, MA

Watrat

[Speed] Watertown, Ma Night Time Slow Down

Good evening...been noticing that my internet speed gets really slow during the "prime time" hours. In the morning I can usually get up to 80 down and16 up. In checking the rcn speedtest page I am now getting 16 down and about 4 up. Anyone else experiencing this locally? I initially assumed that my speed was slow due to an older computer so I chalked it up to that but using new machines and its just as noticeable. Thanks in advance.

Encoded Mac: 943df407ec64cf8cda8c42a17303803f201e63b0
DakkonA
join:2008-10-10
Somerville, MA

1 edit

DakkonA

Yes: »[Speed] Boston Area: 10x slower speed than plan rate

I haven't had a chance to test in the morning, though. But upload speeds for me are much, much worse than yours. (EDIT: Nevermind, didn't realize the upload numbers should come from the specific Upload test. My upload speeds are about what you get.)

I get that they can't guarantee the maximum speed during high load, but shouldn't we at least expect to get consistently more than the next-lower price tier?

ArrayList
DevOps
Premium Member
join:2005-03-19
Mullica Hill, NJ

ArrayList to Watrat

Premium Member

to Watrat
right meow: »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9080.png

yesterday 8:15pm: »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 0657.png

9/18 @ 2:30pm: »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5259.png

it's pretty consistent for me.

astoundcares
Emilie
Premium Member
join:2012-01-04

astoundcares to Watrat

Premium Member

to Watrat
Looking at your history, I see that your speed tests are not what they should be. We are not showing any issues on our end in your area and capacity is good. Since you have a new computer, I am wondering if something is wrong with the router we gave you......Our MA speedtest site is down for maintenance, so could you please go to speedtest.net, connect directly to the modem, bypassing the router, and run a speed test during those same hours? Let me know how things work out either via the forum, private message or email.

Emilie