spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jwgrav2001
join:2014-09-17
Dayton, OH

jwgrav2001

Standard professional installation for U-verse Internet service

What can I expect from a standard professional installation for U-verse HSI. I'm looking at Max Plus.

I'd like to have an attic drop with a 25-30 ft run through the attic.

Thanx for any insight.

my thoughts
@24.209.161.x

my thoughts

Anon

»www.att.com/u-verse/expl ··· ails.jsp

Professional Standard Installation: Professional Standard Installation includes: 1) A wireless router and connection of at least 1 PC, or any that are networked when the Tech arrives on site. 2) Use of existing or addition of new wiring for the first 3 receivers/locations in your home. For any more than 3 receivers or additional unnetworked PC(s), additional charges will apply based on labor and materials needed.

Single family home, or multi dwelling unit?
Outside NID or ONT, or inside terminal (MDU)

The following is for a SF residence, our region is Midwest, Milwaukee to be specific....
Work at SAI (serving area interface, fiber meets copper) run sync tests, install jumpers.
Verify sync at serving terminal, clean contacts, create CIM helper if needed.
The drop wire from serving terminal to residence is a cat3, if not currently should be replaced.
If your drop is quad buried, a new temporary drop is laid on top of ground, a request for outside contractor to bury, generally 1-2 weeks.

A new NID should be installed (gel protector not ceramic) if needed on outside of residence.
A 10 gauge ground wire, with visible ground tag from NID to house ground.
In our area the NID is modified for an ATT branded jack install, (no line mod)
A BAN tag installed for identification.
A cat5e home run from NID to RG location, a drip loop where wire enters home.
Both NID and enter point should be BSEALed to prevent moisture and small insects from entry.

We primary have basements, a few crawl spaces, very little attic work is done.
If basement is finished or a slab floor, wire wrap around outside of home, hole drilled to inside.
Wire fishes are no included in standard install, charge of $20 per wall fish.
A new RJ11, or RJ45 jack with either a wall plate or biscuit.
A new cat5 RJ11 ends data cable. Some techs will terminate wiring without using jack(s), common on floor pops.

Installation of RG, common internet only is the $100 purchased Pace 5031 if single pair FTTN.
Assist with registering internal, run a speed test.

For a Full Tech Install internet only, the total time not counting drive time but includes SAI, serving terminal, install NID, cat5 homerun , jacks, cables, RG, registering and testing should be 2 hours or less for tech to be meeting efficiency requirements.

Recommend if desire attic work/wall fish to have done before tech arrives (at least a pull string).

If desire more than standard professional install be aware can be charged for special requests.
jwgrav2001
join:2014-09-17
Dayton, OH

jwgrav2001

Thanx for the reply.

This will be a move of service to a two story single family home. Already have a 3-month old 5031NV. House has an outside NID currently.

I like the idea of fishing a pull string in advance. I already have a hole drilled in the top plate. Room is on the second floor and doesn't currently have any phone outlets, so a box will have to be installed either by me or the tech. Would the $20 per fish include a box?