All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Cheesewheelz
join:2014-09-18

Cheesewheelz

[DSL] Losing Sync multiple times a day

Coming here to see if any of you can help me figure anything out, the 6+ techs that have come out tell me they see the lose of sync but can't explain why.

Starting back at the beginning of August we started losing sync, called tech support they blamed it on a invalid ID in the modem. Since then I have had at least half a dozen techs out that have scratched their head and gone we have no idea. I have heard that it may caused by area of high demand, to they changed out their juniper router roughly a week before the issue started.

Any help or advice would be helpful, if you need any more info let me know and I will attempt to obtain it.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

You may have a faulty line, ask them to move you to another pair. Many times a faulty line will check good but under the right conditions it will caused corrupted packets which will cause you to loose sync.
Cheesewheelz

Cheesewheelz

According to what I have been told the pairs have been replaced and I have been switched DSlams 3 times.
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339

Out of interest, can you post your modem's transceiver stats?
techwv3928
join:2014-09-17

techwv3928 to Cheesewheelz

to Cheesewheelz
they run a loop test ?do you have static on your phone line or sound like a fax or old modem is connecting on the line?
Cheesewheelz

Cheesewheelz

They have run loop tests every time with "perfect" results, the last tech that came out said he spent roughly 2 hours on the phone trying to figure out what the error code that their system records when it drops even means. The sound level they tell me is at like a 15 which is "good." I have no static on the line that I can hear.
Cheesewheelz

1 edit

Cheesewheelz to wolfy339

to wolfy339

techwv3928

techwv3928 to Cheesewheelz

to Cheesewheelz
they check if your in a volume area? that would cause it also..wanna give me ur 10 digit i look for ya
wolfy339
join:2005-04-30
Edmonds, WA

wolfy339 to Cheesewheelz

to Cheesewheelz
Those stats look good to me (attenuation of less than 20db and margins over 10db) . Sometimes if you have high attenuation (over 50db) or low margin (under 10db) it can cause loss of sync.
cool88
join:2014-04-18

cool88 to Cheesewheelz

to Cheesewheelz
the data path is interleaved it can cause errors to happen. thats the only thing I see may want try fast path for less errors is what the tech needs to do but the line looks good.
techwv3928

techwv3928

There's a network ticket in I been to busy to look at the notes but the cnx is dropping on frontiers side multiple times.