onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

CCURE 800 Security System

I'm not really sure on where to be asking this question but I'll shoot and see what happens.

A quick explanation:
Here at work we have a security system that keeps the doors locked. And to open these doors you need a card swipe.

I have access to activate and deactivate cards as necessary. But I don't have access to order those cards when we need to.
Someone else does that but, the people we get the cards from take extremely long to send them to us. (it's been almost a month now)

My question is, could I use any magnetic striped card within reason? Newegg and CDW sell them but my contact at CDW hasn't gotten back to me and Newegg doesn't have an answer for that.

I would think I could since as long as there is a number printed on the card, and that number reflects what's coded into the card, when typing that number into the CCURE software the two should match up...correct?

ITICharlie1
Ass Mode
Premium Member
join:2003-01-22
Saint Louis, MO

ITICharlie1

Premium Member

Most likely not. Our cards are chipped, so just adding the code to the strip may not be enough.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Yeah ours aren't chipped. We're not that high-tech.
And they look very similar to these:
»www.cdwg.com/shop/produc ··· .aspx#TS

Here's a shot of our cards, the number circled is the number I enter in on the CCURE system:

And here is the info on the box the cards come in:

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey

Premium Member

ABA track 2? You could probably use credit cards if you wanted :lol:

Those look like generic cards to me. Any cards targeting access control systems should work, just make sure to get ones ABA formatted with facility code 0.

/M

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by mackey:

ABA track 2? You could probably use credit cards if you wanted :lol:

Those look like generic cards to me. Any cards targeting access control systems should work, just make sure to get ones ABA formatted with facility code 0.

/M

Yeeeeeah I don't know what all that ABA track 2 shit means. But it's funny you say that cause I actually tried using a credit card to see what would happen and none of the numbers I entered in worked.