spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Britfix
join:2014-09-19
us

Britfix

dvr box

looking to buy a dvr box that will work on Charter (with a charter card?)

Not really wanting to go to a pc route although I know that works.

Anyone know of any units?

Links?

thanks
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

Tivo would probably be your only real option recognized by Charter as a 3rd. party Cable mCard DVR.
STL_TOM
join:2013-12-12
USA

STL_TOM to Britfix

to Britfix
I'll second Aguen's recommendation for Tivo. A few years ago I found a Tivo unit on sale at Best Buy and decided to add one. I needed a digital tuner and cable card for it to work properly but it works just fine with Charter.

DadCooks
Premium Member
join:2005-02-28
Kennewick, WA

DadCooks to Britfix

Premium Member

to Britfix
I too recommend TiVo, have been using one since 2009. This old unit is still running well and maintains domestic tranquility as my wife records all of her shows. Worth the initial cost and the programing fee.

Charter will also need to install a Tuning Adapter in addition to the mCard in the TiVo.
rajdawg
join:2014-08-01
Wahoo, NE

rajdawg

the fact that charter still in 2014 doesnt have a box that can record more than 2 shows is an absolute joke.

I too am looking for a tivo but am holding out hope that Charter ends up releasing a box with 4 tuners or allows Tivo to access on demand

Techie01
@71.11.1.x

Techie01

Anon

Raj, that's just the unfortunate thing about Cable cards because cable cards are a one way device so until the equipment companies like Arris or Cisco release one that's a 2 way card, then I doubt that'll happen. :\