Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

1 recommendation

SuperNet

Premium Member

Verzion users.. Remember to enable LTE voice & Data on phone and web

Verzion users,

Remember to enable HD voice on the phone and via rep or online..
Now I am able to talk and surf..

»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· ork.html

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

I thought VoLTE is only on T-Mo to start with?

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to SuperNet

Mod

to SuperNet
"Unable to proceed with your request: Please contact Customer Service. We need to make an adjustment to your features before you can make feature changes to this line of service."

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

4 edits

haroldo

It was pretty easy
Call *611 from your phone
Say "HD Voice"
The voice response will ask if you want it set up (no charge) press 1
Took 3 seconds...
It then said "remember to turn on HD Voice".

Now phone is out of commission..waiting for a call back from VZW support...WHAT A DAY!

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

"Unable to proceed with your request: Please contact Customer Service. We need to make an adjustment to your features before you can make feature changes to this line of service."

I had the same error but it worked

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
Reading this and the other fun folks have with VZ makes me glad I'm with AT&T and that's saying something.

vulcan125
Subie Style
Premium Member
join:2001-11-23
Seattle, WA

vulcan125 to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Worked great for me. Had to call in as it wouldn't let me change it online.

Very nice to finally have this feature.

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I had to remove Caller ID w/Name for Mobile first on their website... Then I just flipped the switch on the phone and within a minute or two, it enabled.

I received the same error as above, even after I removed the CallerID with Name feature.. I ended up being on hold for a bit, and while I was on hold, I just enabled it on the iPhone for Voice and Data and now its working..

On another note -- the new XLTE is turning out really really nice results - even during a voice call. (I would previously get between 12-30 Mbps in my home on LTE with my 5s)

The screenshot was taken during a voice call -- and with only 2 bars of LTE signall.. Glad I can use Waze now while on a handsfree voice call, since just about all of Long Island, NY is XLTE active.

Rick

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

Does Xlte need to be added anywhere?
I am only pulling 7 down

RickNY
Premium Member
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

said by SuperNet:

Does Xlte need to be added anywhere?
I am only pulling 7 down

The market has to have XLTE turned on.. There is nothing to set on the device.. Verizon said 400 markets were turned on by 9/18.. Like anything else YMMV depending on signal, area utilization, etc..

»www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· lay.html -- That shows markets where its been turned on.

Unlike HD Voice and VoLTE -- about 30 current Verizon phones support XLTE data. (Requirements are supporting AWS as well as 700 Mhz spectrum)

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

said by RickNY:

... There is nothing to set on the device...

Settings/Cellular/Enable LTE> Voice & Data

RickNY
Premium Member
Bellport, NY

1 edit

RickNY

Premium Member

said by haroldo:

said by RickNY:

... There is nothing to set on the device...

Settings/Cellular/Enable LTE> Voice & Data

You do not need to set "Voice and Data" to get XLTE. You only need to do that if you want to use VoLTE (and HD Voice). XLTE does not equal VoLTE.. You just need to have LTE enabled for at least data -- and be in a market where Verizon has turned it on (which seems to be the majority of them now)

For what its worth -- both the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c now also support XLTE as well (But do NOT support VoLTE) -- The list of devices that support XLTE on Verizon is here: »www.verizonwireless.com/ ··· zipRdr=y