Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

iPhone 6 BT not working with Nav on car

Did they change there Bluetooth chip?
I have a 14 Nissan Altima and the phone pairs fine via Bluetooth but on the screen it shows no provider on screen and can't hear anything on the speaker. iPhone 5 works fine

Squirrelly
join:2000-10-24
Harrisburg, PA

Squirrelly

maybe something needs updated

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

1 recommendation

Hall to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
Better upgrade your car 'cause an iPhone 5 is soooo useless nowadays

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

No one else is having issues with blue tooth support?

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Nissan Rogue. Had to relink my IP6, but it's working fine now.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
join:2003-12-10
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
I also am having issues - 2014 toyota tundra and my IP6. Have dropped the device (on the truck) and re-paired. Worked for a while then this morning was unable to make calls but could listen to audio.. Dropped and re-pair'd again - now my steering wheel call controls are not working.

Dropped again - now all is working - sounds like we got a problem here

Craigtompkin
@50.147.205.x

Craigtompkin to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet
I installed iOS8 on my iPhone 5 and everything worked with my 2014 Altima SV w/o nav. My wife's 5s works perfectly. I upgraded to the iPhone 6 and it connects to Bluetooth for audio streaming with Pandora, Google maps and the like. It does not see the device as a phone however and I can't do hands free calls. The radio shows a symbol of a phone handset with a slanted line thru it next to the battery indicator. I have to think this means the radio thinks I have a BT device but that it's not a phone.
Interesting in that the phone knows it's a car and tries to do hands free. It lets me pick my audio source of my car, iphone and speaker. If I pick my car I get no audio and nobody can hear me. The display on the radio shows my music paused but nothing else.

Homunculus
Pipsquack
Premium Member
join:2000-12-14
Uranus

Homunculus

Premium Member

I have a 2010 Infiniti. I always recall during initial setup, having to choose a phone or audio device. Unless things have changed, the phone will have to be set up as one or the other? Start from scratch again and delete your phone from the car.

OvrQualified
Slightly Ahead Of Time
Premium Member
join:2002-01-27
Winter Park, FL

OvrQualified to Craigtompkin

Premium Member

to Craigtompkin
said by Craigtompkin :

Interesting in that the phone knows it's a car and tries to do hands free. It lets me pick my audio source of my car, iphone and speaker. If I pick my car I get no audio and nobody can hear me. The display on the radio shows my music paused but nothing else.

Same problem on my 2008 Volvo S80 with the Motorola Volvo-branded kit. Also broken on a Kenwood radio in my '99 S70 (Parrot BT module). Thanks Apple.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Seems to work OK on my 08' Infiniti. Did you try rebooting the phone? Iphone BT sometimes goes wonky especially right after you pair the first time.

OvrQualified
Slightly Ahead Of Time
Premium Member
Winter Park, FL

OvrQualified

Premium Member

said by djrobx:

Seems to work OK on my 08' Infiniti. Did you try rebooting the phone? Iphone BT sometimes goes wonky especially right after you pair the first time.

I've rebooted the phone, reset its network settings, reset all settings, and even tried it after wiping the phone altogether. No dice. Broken. It doesn't "just work".

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to OvrQualified

Premium Member

to OvrQualified
said by OvrQualified:

Thanks Apple.

BT can be "iffy" on numerous things...there isn't really a "standard"...if the car had "AirPlay" as an example, then there would be a uniform standard to which it would adhere to...the issue is akin to HDMI...that too can be flaky.

OvrQualified
Slightly Ahead Of Time
Premium Member
Winter Park, FL

OvrQualified to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Y'all aren't going to like this. I got mine to work. At the request of an AppleCare tech, I reluctantly wiped and reloaded the phone using iTunes to restore with a fresh OS. It worked. Then I restored my last backup over iCloud. It's broken. So I get to setup my phone as a new phone. Joy.

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Also having problems with non-functional bluetooth on iPhone 6 with Ford SYNC/MFT on 2013 F-150... Dialing calls through phone, SYNC disconnects after 5 seconds.

Did master reset on SYNC, deleted all pairings on phone and SYNC, and even Set Up As New iPhone to rule out a bad backup -- but the problem persists. Also shows only one bar of signal on SYNC instead of actual bars.

Using iOS 8 on iPhone 5s did not have these issues at all - so I suspect something changed with the bluetooth hardware on the 6.

A quick Google search will find several people with the same issues - among various car manufacturers -- all exhibiting the same behavior (or in some cases - with no audio at all, let alone for 5 seconds)

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

Mine is working now. Knock on wood.
I deleted all phones from radio. Then I read online to delete phones from iCloud your not using anymore. I did that. Rebooted phone and car. Then I sync again to car radio. And it worked!

Craigtompkin
@70.193.141.x

Craigtompkin to OvrQualified

Anon

to OvrQualified
Mine was setup as a new phone. No backup was restored.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by Craigtompkin :

Mine was setup as a new phone. No backup was restored.

Did you setup iCloud? Did you delete old devices from icloud?

RickNY
Premium Member
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

Sily question, where do you delete old devices from iCloud?

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

iCloud.com on a Mac or pc. Go to find phone,devices,delete

RickNY
Premium Member
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

said by SuperNet:

iCloud.com on a Mac or pc. Go to find phone,devices,delete

Oh, OK.. It actually removes the device from there when you turn off "Find My Phone" before you do "Erase All Settings" (had to do before selling my 5s). You can also do it within the Find My Phone app on the active phone, provided the old phone is offline. At any rate, only my current devices are listed among "All Devices"

OvrQualified
Slightly Ahead Of Time
Premium Member
Winter Park, FL

OvrQualified to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
The plot thickens for me. BT now works perfectly...until I turn on Voice over LTE...then, the BT only connects the call once there's an audio path, the problem being, it takes a second to do that, and I can't hear the person say 'hello'...with CDMA calling, I hear the ringing through the BT system so it's not a problem.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Mine is a little flaky pairing. I seem to have to manually connect each time I get in the car, but it's been flawless otherwise. (2011 Subaru)

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
still no go for me - 2014 Toyota......

Tried all the internet remedies - guess were just gonna have to wait for Apple on this one

RickNY
Premium Member
Bellport, NY

RickNY to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
At some point, some combination of planets were aligned, and it worked and is continuing to work.. Not sure what I did - but so far, SYNC is happy.

Matt M
@66.87.80.x

Matt M to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet
I have the exact same problem you at with a 14 Nissan altima. Idk what to do. It connects to my car but when I press the talk button on the steering wheel it doesn't understand any name I'm telling my car to call. Is that what you're referring to?

HarleyYac
Lee
Premium Member
join:2001-10-13
Allendale, NJ

HarleyYac to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
"Automatic" issues and Phone / Bluetooth in general.. Dropping pair or freezing

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Works great in my Knight Industries 2000.

In all seriousness, my iPhone 6 Plus paired successfully and works fine for calls and audio in my 2012 Dodge Charger with the UConnect 8.4 + nav system.

dellsweig
Extreme Aerobatics
MVM
Campbell Hall, NY

dellsweig to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
Reset all settings worked for me. All BT functions - Including text messages - now work fine

Must have to do with restoring from a IP5 backup.....

Dallastxsurf
@76.184.37.x

Dallastxsurf to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet
Many automakers including Nissan have not approved iPhone 6 yet for their autos. They are all working on it!

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6 to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
It would probably be much easier (or at least much more likely) for Apple to update a device to correct issues with Bluetooth vehicle integration, assuming such issues are correctable in software, than for the automaker to fix it. Automakers seem to have little if any incentive to update existing fleet and if a fix is made it may be limited to new vehicles only. Ford seems to be the most notable exception to this. Such a stance doesn't do much good for anyone who buys and keeps a car for around a decade, as I do -- which is why I was glad to see my 6 Plus worked with my Charger.

I also successfully paired up the 6 Plus with the JVC KW-XR810 head unit in my GTO, though I haven't actually tried making a call or streaming audio yet in that car.