gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
So ok you guys got the 6+.
I still have a 4 and was at BestBuy today to see the phones in person.
I'm thinking the 6+ might be too big. But then I don't really know because of the security cable that was attached to it. (i couldn't hold it properly to get a REAL feel) And I AM used to carrying around my 4. So maybe it would be fine. ...i dunno.

What was the thing that sealed the deal for you to get the 6+ over the 6?
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL
join:2008-07-08

easonin to SuperNet

to SuperNet
Gold 6 Plus 16Gb here. Always wanted the larger display.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

I'm thinking the 6+ might be too big. But then I don't really know because of the security cable that was attached to it. (i couldn't hold it properly to get a REAL feel) And I AM used to carrying around my 4. So maybe it would be fine. ...i dunno.

Something different. It does take some time to get use to.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
How will you carry it? Pocket? Holster? Other (what would that be)?

Would it be too big for a pocket? Does it look ridiculous on your hip in a holster?

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by onebadmofo:

Would it be too big for a pocket? Does it look ridiculous on your hip in a holster?

In my pocket. Very ridiculous on hip with holster. IMO
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

Who said we all got the 6+? I got the 6. Reason be It's the perfect size IMO and it's a great phone. One thing I'm not happy about is I had the get the 64GB version as 32 wasn't available, because 16GB just doesn't cut it. This is a dirty tactic Apple used, because if the baseline was 32GB everyone would just get the 32 and almost no one would buy the 64 and 128 models...

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
said by SuperNet:

said by onebadmofo:

In my pocket. Very ridiculous on hip with holster. IMO

But won't it feel ridiculous in your pocket? For me I think it would. See, I put my wallet in my front pocket. As well as my keys (in the other pocket).

Between that, my wallet, and keys, it just seems like too much.
Now if someone made a case that had slots to put cards, cash, and ID, that would be cool. Shit...I'm gonna see if that exists right now.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by onebadmofo:

Now if someone made a case that had slots to put cards, cash, and ID, that would be cool. Shit...I'm gonna see if that exists right now.

Those are actually pretty popular. Wallet cases. Here's just two examples:

»www.amazon.com/iPhone-Sp ··· let+case
»www.amazon.com/Spigen®- ··· let+case

ToxicDrew
Premium Member
join:2001-09-24

ToxicDrew to DarkSithPro

Premium Member

to DarkSithPro
Apple made the 64gb version the price of tbe 32gb so how eactly is this a dirty tactic? If anything they doubled your storage for free.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
6+ 128. Wanted larger screen and 4.7 wasn't enough of a jump for me. I knew if I went with a 6 I'd be wanting a 6+ at some point.
Nezmo

Nezmo to WK2

MVM

to WK2
said by WK2:

Silver 6 Plus 64GB AT&T

still hating the box it came in..

Made me chuckle again. Why is the box important? It could come in a brown paper bag as far as I'm concerned.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Nope, both are too big for my small hands, I can barely reach the far upper corner one-handed now on my iPhone 5.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to ToxicDrew

Premium Member

to ToxicDrew
said by ToxicDrew:

Apple made the 64gb version the price of tbe 32gb so how eactly is this a dirty tactic? If anything they doubled your storage for free.

I think you can look at it both ways. Why not make the 32 gig the base line for $199? Why not remove the 16 gig which, for most people nowadays, is just not enough space? I agree with you that you can now get 64 gigs for the same price it would have cost you to get a 32 gig 5S a year ago, but I think most people were hoping Apple would abandon the 16 gig entirely and start at 32. Either way you slice it, Apple ran the numbers and knew they would make more money doing it this way.

Teasip
join:2001-05-14
Plano, TX

Teasip to SuperNet

to SuperNet
I haven't physically seen one myself yet but I would like to consider the plus if it is large enough to serve as both an iPad and iPhone for my somewhat "senior" eyes (eye strain if I read without my readers). I've returned several iPads this year in search for the perfect "tweener". Hopefully this could be it later this year. As an aside, I saw online yesterday how my old iPhone 5 (and wife's) could be used as wireless home security monitors and thus avoid the need of having to buy separate units for that role.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

said by WK2:

Silver 6 Plus 64GB AT&T

still hating the box it came in..

Made me chuckle again. Why is the box important? It could come in a brown paper bag as far as I'm concerned.

I'm in marketing so I notice all of these small details.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

if you are in marketing, how can you hate the way their products are packaged?...it is an art all in itself.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

When I look at packaging I usually like to see colors and the way it stands out. The box this year is the complete opposite.
TurtleFan
join:2003-05-03
Wyckoff, NJ

TurtleFan to SuperNet

to SuperNet
I've had one for years... it's called an Iphone 5 ;o)...

that being said, I'll probably 'upgrade' to a 6Plus

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

Does it look ridiculous on your hip in a holster?

ANY phone looks ridiculous on your hip in a holster.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

1 recommendation

onebadmofo to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

said by onebadmofo:

Those are actually pretty popular. Wallet cases. Here's just two examples:

»www.amazon.com/iPhone-Sp ··· let+case
»www.amazon.com/Spigen®- ··· let+case

Yes that leather looking case would work for me! Thanks for finding that!

I found one that OtterBox is going to release that slides like the one you linked. But I'm not a big fan of the sliding ones. I can see it being difficult to remove your cards when you would need to. (but I could be wrong on that)

I should mention that I went from a full size bi-fold wallet with flip out ID very similar to this...

to a money clip/wallet combo similar to this... »www.fossil.com/webapp/wc ··· L3494200

In doing that I was forcing myself to really decide on what was important to keep with me and what was simply excess baggage.
This leather looking case will do the same thing. Which isn't a bad thing since the less I have to carry the better.

AhnHEL
Angel
Premium Member
join:2000-09-11
Orlando, FL

1 recommendation

AhnHEL to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Only bad thing with wallet cases is that if you lose your phone, you lose your ID and credit cards too. The fact that your phone is in the wallet means you're more likely to lay it on a desk and mistakenly walk away from it. Gone.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

Anyone else buy an iPhone 6 or 6 plus? If yes. What one?

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
said by WK2:

When I look at packaging I usually like to see colors and the way it stands out. The box this year is the complete opposite.

that makes sense in a retail environment where products are displayed to the public, in their packaging, on a shelf (like a cereal box, or a jar of pasta sauce)...however, with Apple, the products themselves are displayed, not the packaging (which is often kept in the back or behind lock and key).

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
iPhone 6 64gb space grey. 4.7" screen is just right. I saw the 5.5" in person yesterday and it's a bloody behemoth. No thanks.
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune to AhnHEL

to AhnHEL
said by AhnHEL:

Only bad thing with wallet cases is that if you lose your phone, you lose your ID and credit cards too. The fact that your phone is in the wallet means you're more likely to lay it on a desk and mistakenly walk away from it. Gone.

But my phone i can locate in various ways. Plus i use it more often so more likely to notice its loss. I got a card case with my 5 and refuse to go back.

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

djrobx to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo

But won't it feel ridiculous in your pocket? For me I think it would. See, I put my wallet in my front pocket. As well as my keys (in the other pocket).

The "pocket carrying thing" has been NO problem at all with the 6+. I do the same thing with my wallet and keys, because I don't like anything in my rear pockets; I don't like sitting on objects nor do I want to give a pick pocket easy access.

All of the focus on the pocket-ability of the 6+ has brought more attention to how much more uncomfortable my keys and wallet can be, actually. The 6+ is so thin with rounded edges, it's very comfortable. It's big enough that it doesn't slip around as much as my old iPhone 5, staying more secure too. It's a total non-issue. I can sit down and tie my shoes just fine, too.

The weight when holding it is what I have to get used to. It doesn't feel heavy but it takes more effort to keep it steady when using it as a passenger in a car. Of course, it's so much more enjoyable to look at that it easily makes up for it, but it's just ... different.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to AhnHEL

Premium Member

to AhnHEL
said by AhnHEL:

That's something a oblivious people or an overworked flustered parent would do. Both of which... I'm not.

I've never left my phone down somewhere nor my wallet. So I'm not worried about that. Yes it can happen to the best of us I know that. And never say never and all that hoopla.