onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to djrobx

Premium Member

to djrobx

Re: Did you buy iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus?

said by djrobx:

But won't it feel ridiculous in your pocket? For me I think it would. See, I put my wallet in my front pocket. As well as my keys (in the other pocket).

The "pocket carrying thing" has been NO problem at all with the 6+. I do the same thing with my wallet and keys, because I don't like anything in my rear pockets; I don't like sitting on objects nor do I want to give a pick pocket easy access.

All of the focus on the pocket-ability of the 6+ has brought more attention to how much more uncomfortable my keys and wallet can be, actually. The 6+ is so thin with rounded edges, it's very comfortable. It's big enough that it doesn't slip around as much as my old iPhone 5, staying more secure too. It's a total non-issue. I can sit down and tie my shoes just fine, too.

The weight when holding it is what I have to get used to. It doesn't feel heavy but it takes more effort to keep it steady when using it as a passenger in a car. Of course, it's so much more enjoyable to look at that it easily makes up for it, but it's just ... different.

I keep forgetting it's a little thinner. So maybe it would be fine. Eh...I'll figure it out when ever I upgrade.

neuronbob
Cavs NBA Champs 2016
join:2000-03-30
Bedford, OH

neuronbob to SuperNet

to SuperNet
iP6+ 64 GB Space Gray.

The big phone is the right size for my presbyopic (read: OLD) eyes and my large hands. Love it! Typing on it with my Apple Wireless Keyboard now. I now have a device large enough to type my hospital notes on while I'm see ing patients. I can carry my wireless keyboard in my physician's bag and type to my heart's content.

Now wife wants one too, so it looks like I'll be ordering again soon.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to SuperNet

to SuperNet
IP 6+ 128GB Space Grey on order

I needed the optical image stabilization to help me when taking photos and I grabbed the 128GB model as I have a lot of music and photos on my 64GB iPhone and its a tight squeeze.

NefCanuck

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to SuperNet

to SuperNet
It's almost impossible to turn off the 6 without also pressing the volume keys...not a big deal as I keep my phone set to vibrate ... LOL

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by haroldo:

It's almost impossible to turn off the 6 without also pressing the volume keys...not a big deal as I keep my phone set to vibrate ... LOL

I've been doing the opposite, turning the fucking thing off when trying to take a photo with the volume up button while holding horizontally, my thumb aligns with the bloody power button.

I guess I'm holding it wrong.

haroldo
USA

1 edit

1 recommendation

haroldo

said by HiVolt:

said by haroldo:

I've been doing the opposite, turning the fucking thing off when trying to take a photo with the volume up button while holding horizontally, my thumb aligns with the bloody power button.

...heard at the Moscony Center January 2015...

Oh...there's one more thing!...the new iPhone 6S will have the power switch 1/2 inch lower!!!"
(crowd roars to a standing ovation...many brought to tears)

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to HiVolt

MVM

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by haroldo:

It's these seemingly obvious isues that make me laugh when Ive is gushing about design perfection during lanches. How can something like this get past the design gurus? Seriously.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

I love the phone but I must admit, the phone to your face when you talk, looks really goofy.. well at least for me.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

1 recommendation

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by SuperNet:

I love the phone but I must admit, the phone to your face when you talk, looks really goofy.. well at least for me.

After seeing these...
Still think you look goofy?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

That is awesomely retro!

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

Lets add to this, I am 5'7, with the iPhone 6+...
How about you?
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to SuperNet

to SuperNet
Did you guys see the MacRumors thread about the iPhone 6+ getting bent after being put in the front pants pocket?

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by DarkSithPro:

Did you guys see the MacRumors thread about the iPhone 6+ getting bent after being put in the front pants pocket?

Yes, however hopefully I don't have to worry about that since I don't use tight jeans.
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned)

said by SuperNet:

said by DarkSithPro:

Yes, however hopefully I don't have to worry about that since I don't use tight jeans.

»forums.macrumors.com/sho ··· =1785905

That's pretty serious. Yes you are informed, but the millions of i6+ buyers could be damaging their phones just by putting them in their pockets.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

1 recommendation

Nezmo

MVM

said by DarkSithPro:

said by SuperNet:

said by DarkSithPro:

»forums.macrumors.com/sho ··· =1785905

That's pretty serious. Yes you are informed, but the millions of i6+ buyers could be damaging their phones just by putting them in their pockets.

Um, a little common sense might be in order.

Sheesh.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
64GB SG 6+ here. Still waiting on At&t to deliver it.

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
said by onebadmofo:

See, I put my wallet in my front pocket. As well as my keys (in the other pocket).

Same here for years, except my keys hang on a belt loop rather than hanging out in my pocket. And I don't like carrying my phone in a pocket, anyway...too easy to get damaged if I bang into something. So I use a belt holster and a thin polycarbonate case for scratch protection...and have never cracked a screen yet. (probably jinxing myself with that admission) While I'm not eligible to upgrade yet, I'll likely opt for the iPhone 6 rather than the 6+ for this reason. I have an iPad for when I need a larger, portable screen.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I have a 6+, and hit up the Apple Store for the leather case last night.

The case makes ALL the difference. For whatever reason, it's a LOT more comfortable for me to hold now. Just a smidgen thicker - now it feels more natural.

I thought it was too big at first, but it's grown on me!

haroldo
USA

haroldo to darcilicious

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

Nope, both are too big for my small hands, I can barely reach the far upper corner one-handed now on my iPhone 5.

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has "reachability" for one hand use
A double tap (not click) of the home button slides down all screens down ~40% (instead of five rows of icons on the home page you can see three), which makes the top of the screen within reach to most, if not all, thumbs. If you hold the phone so the bottom is resting on your pinkie, the top of the screen is at the height of first knuckle your ring finger...so if your thumb can touch your ring finger's knuckle...you're good to go (for the six, not sure of the plus)...YMMV

It's quite handy (pun intended) and works great

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to dennismurphy

Premium Member

to dennismurphy
said by dennismurphy:

I have a 6+, and hit up the Apple Store for the leather case last night.

The case makes ALL the difference. For whatever reason, it's a LOT more comfortable for me to hold now. Just a smidgen thicker - now it feels more natural.

I thought it was too big at first, but it's grown on me!

Same here... However I am still really debating, I have almost the size of "normal" man hands, just a little bit smaller..

RobNyc
Premium Member
join:2002-03-06
New York, NY

RobNyc to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
My 5s is still in brand new condition so will try to wait for the 6s and look at the 6 when prices go down, also not upgrading to iOS8 until a jailbreak is available =D many apps are not working for iOS8 yet.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

said by darcilicious:

Nope, both are too big for my small hands, I can barely reach the far upper corner one-handed now on my iPhone 5.

iPhone 6 and 6 Plus has "reachability" for one hand use
A double tap (not click) of the home button

Interesting, perhaps I'll have to give it a try at BB or similar...

Tinkster
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Rosedale, MD

Tinkster to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Click for full size
Side by side

Note 3, 6 plus, and 6

I got the plus my colleague got the 6.

So far I like the size and its still seems slim.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by Tinkster:

Side by side

Note 3, 6 plus, and 6

How tall are you? IMO I think tallness matters.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by SuperNet:

said by Tinkster:

Side by side

Note 3, 6 plus, and 6

How about weightness?

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

said by Nezmo:

said by SuperNet:

said by Tinkster:

Side by side

Note 3, 6 plus, and 6

How about weightness?

Maybe... but tallness prob more.

haroldo
USA

1 edit

haroldo to Nezmo

to Nezmo
nm

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to SuperNet

MVM

to SuperNet
said by SuperNet:

Maybe... but tallness prob more.

LOL, nevermind.

Tinkster
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Rosedale, MD

Tinkster to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
said by SuperNet:

I'm only 6 ft but I was hunched down to take the picture hehe.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

1 recommendation

onebadmofo to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

That is awesomely retro!

You're so getting one aren't you?